6505 Airport Boulevard

Posted:

Worst manager ever

6505 Airport Boulevard
Austin, Texas
I was contacted by Municipal Services Bureau (MSB) about a traffic ticket that I had plead not guilty to.

I had contacted the court on several occasions and was told not to worry and that I should wait for the notice since the court date had not been scheduled yet, but that did not stop Municipal Services Bureau from attempting to collect.

I was threatened to pay or go to jail. So I paid but continued with my defense and went to court where the charges were dismissed.

The judge ordered to return of all my money and eventually, The City of Austin did refund the money all but MSB's portion.

I have been calling Municipal Services Bureau repeatedly, leaving multiple messages with agents, supervisors and managers, but not one call has been returned, nor has the money been returned.

I was promised by the evening shift supervisor, the manager, Scott M. would call me back the following day, still no call.

I have been told by Municipal Services Bureau supervisors, that "MSB" does not verify any information sent to them, they take no responsibility for incorrect information.

There are serious implications to their lack of common sense and due diligence.

Some folks can lose their jobs or not be considered for a job, loans, order utilities, open bank accounts, buy auto or home insurance and many other other goods and services because of bad credit reports that "MSB" may file with invalid information.

In my case, I was found innocent and now, Municipal Services Bureau agents and managers are telling me more lies to get out of returning ill-gotten money from an honest hard working person.

I feel the all State Legislatures should, because of the devastating long term reprocussions, create a law that requires all firms that can and do report alledged debtors to credit reporting agencies to verify the information submitted to them for collection is accurate.
Complaint comments Comments (2) Complaint country United States Complaint category Airlines

Comments

A  22nd of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes
if you paid with a credit card, call your credit card company and have them cancel the payment, explain this was fraud and they'll credit your credit card back. I'm having the same problem with this scam company. it's bs
A  19th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
MSB is a horrible company. I haven't heard of anyone that had a good experience with them. Granted they collect fees, but they have some shady practices. I had to pay a $3.40 toll bill that became a $30 bill because they don't consider the date they receive payment (post mark) but instead consider the date they process the check. I felt cheated, because I cannot control when they get around to processing my check. They said it takes about 10 days. Completely irresponsible and unethical. Just do a search on the Internet, and it becomes obvious this company is dubious. I don't know how they maintain a A+ rating with the BBB or why the State of Texas continues to do business with them. Someone should investigate them.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree