59MinuteService.com / Electric service rip-off

1 IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: (708) 272-7221

To replace a faulty electric switch in my kitchen, I found the " Just Electric-59 minute service" in the yellow pages, with just a phone: [protected]; they would not provide an address.They send two people: an electrician that completed the job in about 35 minutes and a " apprentice", just watching. They told me initially when I called, that the "diagnosis" fee would be $ 120. This fee would be incorporated into the final bill ( should I accept the " diagnosis" ).The "diagnosis" was a breaker that tripped. At the end they charged me $ 550. I sent a letter to the President of " 59 minute service" in Fresno, CA, explaining that I was ripped of, and I was asking them to refund $ 250. I am willing to pay them $ 300. So far, the Company is ignoring me.

Comments

• Na
      20th of Aug, 2008

59 minute service's ad says they have 100% money back guarantee, no service charge, and $100 off with mention of ad. The guy who came out named Gary put a bad breaker in that went out within a week and charged me $350 for putting a bad breaker in and spending 10 minutes at my house. He said there was a $69 service charge just to come out. At the time he came out, he refused to honor the $100 off in their ad. Then when the breaker went out within a week, I called them several times to get a fax number or address to file a complaint but they refused to give me a fax number or their address. Not only was I overcharged, but the breaker the guy put in was very used and very bad and only lasted a week.

I would agree and say they are an electric service rip-off.