50 Million Waiting / unapproved withdrawl of bank account

OK, United States Review updated:
I recently discovered that a withdrawl from my account was made of $58.61. I didn't recall making a purchase from a company called 50 Million Waiting, but I believe, now that I've read your complaints, that it IS related to a grant company that promised to send me info. on grants. They got my credit card info. to cover "so-called shipping expenses", but it was suposed to be free other than that! My card was initially charged $2.95 on 12-05-08, then out of nowhere I get this charge for $58.61 from 50 Million Waiting today, the 9th of December. Only 4 days later! They DID NOT have my approval for this! I want to thank those who took the time to send in their complaints on this website. I wouldn't have known what was going on. Maybe a group could be formed to go after these rip-off artists and all the pains they are causing people, and sue their fake grant -helping butts!
Jk

Comments

La
  10th of Dec, 2008
The very same thing happened to me except i didn't even finish signing up for the grants info, i changed my mind but apparrently not quick enough. MY NIGHTMARE STARTED WHEN I HAD ONE OF THOSE FREE OFFERS OF A HIS AND HERS MACBOOK (APPLE LAPTOP) I KNOW BETTER THAN TO FALL FOR THAT CRAP. IT STARTS OUT THAT YOU HAVE ONE OF MORE LAPTOPS AND ACTS LIKE YOU ARE GOING TO DO A SURVEY OF SOME KIND OR WHATEVER. THEN THEY WANT YOU TO TRY TWO OF THEIR SPECIAL OFFERS. YEAH THEY'RE SPECIAL ALRIGHT!!! AT NO RISK OF COURSE.!!! ONLY PAY SHIPPING, WHICH SHOULD ACTUALLY BE VERY MINIMAL FOR MEDIA MAIL THEN AFTER YOU GIVE THEM YOUR DEBIT/CREDIT CARD NUMBER YOU DISCOVER THAT IT IS A SCAM BECAUSE YOU NEVER GET ANYTHING EXCEPT LIED TO AND RIPPED OFF!!! I HAD NEVER HEARD OF 50 MILLION WAITING BEFORE I SAW IT AS AN UNAUTHORIZED CHARGE ON MY ACCOUNT. I DO THINK I UNDERSTAND WHERE THEY HAVE GOTTEN THEIR NAME FROM, MY GUESS WOULD BE THAT IT WOULD REPRESENT THE 50 MILLION PEOPLE THEY RIPPED OFF THAT ARE WAITING TO BE RIGHTED OR POSSIBLY THE 50 MILLION WAITING FOR THEIR LAPTOPS WHICH THEY WILL NEVER SEE!!! PROBABLY ALL THE SAME I SUPPOSE SINCE THEY ARE IN ON THIS TOGETHER OR IT POSSIBLY IS THE GRANTS PLACE SENDING OUT THESE SCAM INVITES TO GET YOU TO GIVE THEM YOUR INFO TO RIP YOU OFF!!!
5o
  12th of Dec, 2008

50 Million Waiting - unauthorizzed billing to my credit card
getmygrant.com
getmygrant.com

i went on to check the status of my bank account only to find that i was charged 58.61 by some company called 50 million waiting on dec.12, 2008, the same thing happened on nov.17, 2008. the only charge that i knew about was supposed to be for 2.29 for the shipping cost of a cd, there was no further information on any other charges. when i finally got a holf them i was able to stop it, but they will not refund the 2 charges. FOR ANYONE THAT HAS BEEN A VICTIM OF THIS COMPANY THERE PHONE NUMBER TO CANCEL IS 1-866-524-7754. WILL PROBABLY TAKE 10 MINUTES TO GET THROUGH BUT FOR ME IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT. this company needs to be stopped!!
Zi
  13th of Dec, 2008

50 Million Waiting - Unauthorized Debits
Unknown
United Kingdom
Phone: 800-841-9356

While checking the charges against my Checking account after finishing a cruise to the Cozumel and Belize, I noticed a charge of $49.50 from a company call "50 Million Waiting" and a "cross border fee". I was a little puzzled and called the phone number on the debit entry only to discover that this was an endless loop inside a phone answering system. I never got hold of a real person. Then I began to review my bank records and discovered money charges against my account for $49.50 - usually the same time frame of the month with cross border fees. Then I simply searched for cross border fees, and the ugly deductions began to mount up. However, every month the charge was made by a different company name. This has been going on for some time (at least 6 months). Apparently these folks feel free to take your credit/debit card information and help themselves to your account. Small amounts often enough adds up quickly.

How they got my credit/debit card information is anybody's guess, but I have changed it. My suggestion is to start searching your bank charges for the cross border fees, that's how I found my $495.00 worth of unauthorized deductions.
Rp
  17th of Dec, 2008
I also was charged a fee of $58.61 from 50 million waiting after ordering a $3 CDrom for a disk on grant resources. Additionally, I was charged $39.95 for a grant finding service four days later. I've learned a huge lesson the expensive way.

Thanks for posting your comments or I'd still be trying to figure out what happened here.
Lo
  18th of Dec, 2008
The same thing happened to me how do I stop them from taking money in my account
Ja
  18th of Dec, 2008

50 Million Waiting - Credit Card Charge
Phone: 209-559-0831

On 12/4/08 I was looking at Fed Grants and gave them $1.95 for the information. I was then charged on 12/11/08 $58.61. I call 800-841-9356 and complained about the charge. I was told that I authorized this charge by not cancelling before 7 days. This was a non refundable fee. I told them to cancel any further billing. What a rip-off!! If you don’t read the fine print you will get screwed.
Ev
  20th of Dec, 2008
If this happens to you call your bank fraud dept. They will know how to fix things. Thats what I did. They had to close my account and start a new one. I can't put in writing what should be done to people who do this.
Ja
  26th of Dec, 2008

50 Million Waiting - unauthorized charges
Idaho

I ordered a Government Grant CD last Sept. and paid them $1.09 for shipping, which I never received, and on 12/3/2008 was charged on my credit card for $49.50 from 50 Million Waiting. I had never heard of them before. I tried to call the number, but it would just keep disconnecting. My credit card company is taking the charge off of my account and I have placed security hold on the account. BUYER BEWARE!
Ch
  29th of Dec, 2008

50 Million Waiting - Un authorized charge
Charles S. Provost, Sr.
725 Arbor Dr.
Deer Park
Texas
Phone: 281-479-5562

I have an unauthorized charge of $58.61 on my Sears credit card and have callled Sears and challenged this charge.
I called their 1-800-841-9356 number and was put on hold and no one ever answered. I will not pay this charge.
An
  3rd of Jan, 2009
I was charge 49.50 dec 15 2008 unauthorized
Gi
  6th of Jan, 2009
Same thing here. They called me after I had reviewed the site, I said I wasn't interested and have been billed twice at $58.91 dec08/jan09. They show up on your bank account with a different name each month. First month it was 50 million and then next was grant dollar.