5 Dollar Footlong / 6 dollar footlong, not 5 dollar

1 FL, United States Review updated:

I asked the clerk for a "5 dollar footlong" as advertized, and got a sandwich that costed 6 dollars. i think the tv ad is a fraud and no signs specifying that a certain sandwich is 5 dollars compared to 6 dollars...just like that free KFC roasted chicken coupon scam, NO SUCH THING

Comments

• Mr
      2nd of Jun, 2009

The commercial says prices and participation may vary so why so surprised? If I was the manager and you complained to me I'd take you to an eye doctor.

• Mi
      25th of Jun, 2009

Wouldn't there be tax on top of the 5 dollars? That still wouldn't equal 6 dollars but it's more than 5 so get over it.

30th of Aug, 2009

Seriously. It's a big sandwhich and you're really complaining over a dollar.

28th of Dec, 2009

Stop being freaking cheap, its only 1 dollar - 4 quarters, 10 dimes, 20 nickles, or 100 pennies. Seriously, I could find that extra dollar in my couch.

• Mo
      20th of Mar, 2010

it's NOT any sub for 5 dollars. It's any REGULAR sub for 5 dollars when all of them are on sale. Some are excluded. And when it's not all, then its only a select few. It really is clearly stated if you know how to READ! Why don't you take a few minutes to look at the menu.

12th of Jul, 2011

To all of those saying get over it, I bet you watch Fox News also and believe it. There is a principle here. The same thing happened to me. I bought a $5 footlong and it cost $6. And yes, it was off the $5.00 footlong menu. The advertised menu. So if they are charging $6.00 for a sub they are advertising as $5.00, it is misleading advertising and also a bait & switch. If they are going to add extra charges, then Subway needs to specify this on their footlong menu, and list the extra charges. Example: if they charge additional for cheese. They should not list the $5.00 footlongs, picture their image on the menu, and imply the fixings which come normal with all the subs, less extra toppings, add to the overall price of the footlongs. As for the eye doctor comment, anyone can be a smart@*!*! anonymously online. It's dumb@!@!SSes like you who say stop being cheap who are suckers to being scasmmed and misled. Grow up, and wise up.

• Sh
      17th of Dec, 2014

I agree. Had the same experience but cost me eight dollars and fitlfty cents. I went back in to ask for refund as the ad said 5 dollars ANY sub only to find out I picked a sandwich with preamium meat. I replied said there was no indication on the menu board with some sort of circle drawn around a group of sandwiches for 5 dollars. How was I supposed to know which sandwich to pick. Person told me to read the ad. When the ad came up by golly I had to watch that bottom part of the screen flashed in light yellow on white background for 4 seconds then disappeared. I watched the same commercials over and over to fully read the disclaimer. Sure is legal but very misleading. It is not about the money but the principal of it. Sad to say I have added subway on m not to go list