4wheelparts.com / Charged me extra for no reason

1 Stockton CA, CA, United States

If you think you are going to get good prices, maybe you are right. But if you think you are getting customer service ( in case they goofed up your order ...well ) they are less than ZERO stars. Placed an order on their website on 10/17 using Google checkout - received my confirmation email ( from Google checkout ) on 10/17 telling me about my order. ( order total $71.79 which included shipping) After 4 days my order shipped and Google checkout provided me with a UPS tracking number. Following day received another email from 4wheelsparts.com providing me a tracking number ( a different one). Called them up asking what was that tracking number for. They explained that it was for the order I placed. I told them that I have already received my tracking details from Google checkout and it provided the lady with the UPS number. She confirmed that there was an error in their system and it had generated the same order TWICE and it was their mistake. She assured me that I would not be charged for their mistake and would be refunded the amount charged on my CC. She requested for a UPS intercept and assured me that once they receive the shipment back I would be refunded al my money ( $71.79 which included shipping )That was that...After a month I received a refund back for $52.61. Called up 4wheelparts.com, talked to a gentlemen, he transferred me to another person, waited for about 5 minutes ( due to high call volume) ...and finally spoke to Curren, he explained me that I was charged $9.90 $9.28 for restocking fees ...all this for a non-existent order WOWSo I explained him the chain of events, he went on explaining me the strict policies of 4wheelparts.com and that they do not refund shipping charges and charge restocking fees - A NICE TRICK TO MAKE SOME EXTRA MONEY ...I GUESS ITS THE RECESSION FOR THESE EXTREME EFFORTS.He said I was only eligible for a refund of $52.61 and that shipping was not to be refunded and since items are returned ( technically speaking) I AM going to be charged restocking ...well I understood this as a mistake on their part, but no ...its my mistake that their systems generates non-existent unrequested orders. Customer service for this website sucks ...I would never be placing an order again with them, their are far better places for Jeep and 4 wheel partstry 4wd.commorris 4x4 center and many more...avoid 4wheelparts.com ...

Mb