4Safe.com / Terrible experience

They totally ignored my request to uninstall & kept asking for passcodes, etc. I asked them EIGHT TIMES to cancel our account. Instead, they gave us info on upgrades, asked for information that THEY had sent TO US! Just a complete runaround!

When our bank changed everyone's card, a payment bounced, but they didn't tell us, & stopped our account. We were charged over $30 for a service that didn't work, AND kept us completely off the internet!! They wouldn't even begin talking about a solution until we paid them.

All of this communication took 6 weeks. Just to cancel our account & get back online! After sucking $30+ out of us for a service we didn't get. Not to mention stress!!! *#@**&!!!

Li

More 4Safe.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Va
  19th of Nov, 2008

When their filtering system kept us completely off the internet, they would not answer the phone. Once, we spent 45 minutes on hold before hanging up. When I asked them by email from my office to cancel the account, they started asking for bank account information, passwords, etc. They told us we didn't have the filter installed correctly. They totally ignored the request to uninstall their filter from their end.

Finally, they did send a program via email to my office account that would supposedly uninstall the program at home, even though they had been told we couldn't access the net. Problem: their filter had cut off our internet access!! I contacted our provider, Century Tel, & they told us that we couldn't uninstall the program because a block had been put on our computer by 4safe. They had to remove it themselves!

Cl
  17th of Mar, 2009

4Safe customer service is substandard. I have emailed, phoned and I rarely got a prompt response. If I were you, I would choose another provider.

4s
  4th of May, 2009

We have had a terrible experience with 4Safe. We discontinued service with them two years ago and they still deduct $4.99 from our checking account every month. They will not stop withdrawing the money, they will not respond to emails or phone calls. I have reported them to the BBB twice. Fortunately our mastercard company will reimburse us the money if I remember to call them every month. But I basically have to call Mastercard and dispute the charge every month or 4Safe gets the money. This company is HORRIBLE and is STEALING. Stay away!!!

Da
  11th of Aug, 2009

Today is 8/11/2009. I just discovered that I too am still being charged by 4safe.com even though I canceled them in 2008. They had blocked our internet access, and I had to spend about an hour on the phone with an expensive tech to find the problem. They never responded to my emails or answered their phone.

Twice in 2009 they have billed me, totalling $74.88.

They are a scam.

Pu
  17th of Aug, 2009

I too was charged without authorization well after cancelling.

Ag
  10th of Oct, 2009

This is the most rediculous excuse for a service provided, they are such a scam, Oh I had their service for 3 years, i was happy with what the service provided as far as filter wise, I am a pastor of a church, but when my credit card got lost and I had to get a new one, it put the 4safe automatic withdrawals on hold, so they froze my pc from accessibilty to internet, it was upon that that i called their rediculous customer service to get it straightened out, i had forgot my password, so i went on and on and on about i just needed to correct the billing so they could get payed and i could get service, finally the brainless, cant speak legitamate English 4safe employee allowed access, i have tried for months to get the service off my pc, out of my lan settings, no dice, tthey have hung up on me many many many times, , tried reporting to BBB, no record of this company or their address existing, I spoke to my local computer store, he says there is a way to create a new administrator page with new settings, once you do that, you can shut the other one down, i plan to do that and then change my Credit Card for a new one, and then harass the crap out of them! STAY AWAY FROM THIS ILLEGITAMATE UNAMERICAN FOREIGN PARASITICAL SCAMMING BAFOOM OF A "COMPANY" THEY ARE A SCAM!!!

Ti
  11th of Jan, 2011

Ditto complaints to all the above. But it still has control over my computer at times. It is still on my computer and I can't uninstall it. How do you get it off the computer????