3Web / 3Web long distance unauthorized debits

1 Canada Review updated:

I’ve recently filed a complaint against 3Web/CIA with the Better Business Bureau. Despite the fact that I closed my long distance and internet accounts with them over a year and a half ago, they’re still taking unauthorized debits from my bank account. They’ve completely denied any wrongdoing, and have gotten contradictory responses from their customer service people. One email I received said my account was in fact closed and that the debits would stop. That was 8 months ago, and they still haven’t stopped (well, they will now because I ended up closing my bank account because of this!)

This is a horrible company to deal with - STAY AWAY!

Comments

15th of Jan, 2008

I have a similar story, after 8 months they keep trying to charge my account, they know that stop payments work only for 12 months!
    see my story at:

m

• Rm
      20th of Jul, 2008

3Web.net is eMail spaming high speed RoadRunner customers in
    Maine, USA.

BEWARE ! They are asking for your passwords.

I have reported this company to TimeWarner of New England.

Do not respond to the 3web.net spamming eMail if you receive one - report them to your ISP

• Th
      30th of Jun, 2011

I have just received a charge on my Capital One card from 3web. I have NOT been a member since 2007 and this charge was posted by
    3web-ciaottawaon on an old Capital One credit card which was transfered to a new Capital One card.
    Stay away from these people ... !!
    Capital One is going to investigate this bunch.

• Ti