3ix.com / Fraudulent activity

3ix Hosting moved my server and in the process killed all 23 websites I had with them. The tech support is dumb as a door nail and they hide behind ticketing system. Any request has to be followed up by at least 10 different updates and at the end they don't know their head from their tail. A 3 year old can answer you more intelligently than all of the idiots they have working there as support!

When I frantically asked them to restore my sites from their daily or weekly backup, they said sorry our backups are erased due to server issue. (WTF?) Then the idiot support (Suzie) had the audacity to accuse me... ' You must have done something on your end!!! ' They tried to move me from Nova server to Prince server and they KILLED MY BUSINESS in the process. I am taking legal action and going to be suing them for being so careless and negligent with my data.

STAY THE H*LL AWAY FROM 3IX and their hosting... They are a disgrace of the hosting industry and will in time hurt you and your business.

BE AWARE!

Va

Comments

• Al
      12th of Apr, 2009

The same situation with me. They removed all of my hostings without reasons, after contacting them they ignore me!

No refunds! Nothing!

BEWARE!

• Br
      23rd of May, 2009

1 Sentence: AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

This host seems amazing for the money, but trust me and many others, this is not recommended for anybody.

Go with 3ix if you want:

Problems everyday
    Server Downtime everyday
    Shoddy Customer Support, treating you like a sewer rat
    No backups (their system corrupts SQL databases)
    and many more problems (i cant think, theres just soooo many)

Avoid 3ix if you want:

No problems everyday
    A working website
    Backups
    Good Customer service with a bit of respect.

Please do not be drwan in by the ridiculous prices, its cheap but even at this price its not worth it.

Also i would like to say, when i signed up to 3ix i had to open a paypal account, now the only people who i used it on was 3ix to

pay them, a week later i had £200 worth of Skype calls charged to my paypal account, now i got the money back through paypal

dispute, but hmmmm, bit fishy as they are the only people who i used it on at the time as it was a new paypal account.

They treat you like dirt when speaking to them, more or less saying you dont know anything, or giving you stupid mis-spelt

answers, or giving you useless answers to something you have not even asked, oh and most times just ending the chat if they

cannot answer.

They moved my sites to another server as it was constantly down or database errors, so they said make a full backup of your site

first (which i did) so they did it and i was on new server, when i come to restore the backup... SQL files are all corrupt!!!

(no this cannot be happening, these site earn a living for me and my family) so i ask them for a backup, they had one from 3 days

ago, so they say they would restore that, so i end up waiting 1 hour with no response, then i ask "Whats going on?" they quickly

reply the database from their backup is EMPTY! so there is a problem with your backup system then, they reply NO, they say that

my databases must have been empty at time of backup (I dont think so matey!).

So thanks to 3ix i have lost all my sites, all my hard work, all my customers and members, and all my precious data.

PLEASE DO ME A FAVOUR, PLEASE AVOID THIS COMPANY IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT HOSTING A SITE!

HERES JUST ONE OF MY MANY MANY CHATS WITH THEM TO SHOW HOW POOR SUPPORT YOU GET AND THEIR SHODDY BACKUP REGIME...

Brendan Roberts: Hi could you please provide me latest backup for se-board.co.uk in my public_html

Brendan Roberts: ??

Chat24x7: you can backup the data in cpanel

Chat24x7: login to cpanel >> backup >> generate backup

Brendan Roberts: yes but i want a previous backup from old server i was on, im on server air now, i was on server atom

Chat24x7: ok then open a support ticket at http://3ix.org/sys/index.php

Brendan Roberts: why? you were going to do it for me earlier today?

Chat24x7: we will check old server

Chat24x7: and provide the backup if available

Brendan Roberts: it is available from 19th may

Chat24x7: no to get backup you will have to open a support ticket

Brendan Roberts: so how were you going to do it earlier, and you have always provided backups when i have asked... why different

this time?

Chat24x7: because backups not provided on chat and you will have to open a support ticket

Chat24x7: Is there anything else I can help you with?

Chat24x7: hope you understand

Brendan Roberts: yes but i chose technical, and i would like it to be put in my public_html not through caht.

Brendan Roberts: chat*

Chat24x7: no its not possible

Chat24x7: so better to open a support ticket

Brendan Roberts: yes it is because you have done it before???

Chat24x7: no

Brendan Roberts: yes, i know what happened???? are you calling me a liar?

Chat24x7: no

Brendan Roberts: you obviously are, as i have done this before and a copy of my site backup was copied immediately to my

public_html.

Chat24x7: I have already replied NO

Chat24x7: so open a ticket

Brendan Roberts: now your saying it cannot be done, when clearly it has been and can be done

Chat24x7: Brendan you know what I am replying

Brendan Roberts: i know what your relying yes, but why this time can you not provide me with a copy of the latest site backup??

Brendan Roberts: thats what it states in the sign up page, that you generate backups of sites right...

Chat24x7: because it will affect our other clients as generating a backup will result in server load

Brendan Roberts: you claim to be a good hosting company right?

Chat24x7: so we will generate in hours when server is not much busy

Chat24x7: we are

Brendan Roberts: i do not wish for you to "Generate" one, i wish for you to place a copy of the backup you ALREADY have from may

18th, into my public_html...

Chat24x7: hmm

Chat24x7: you know we have to GENERATE a tar file

Chat24x7: ?

Chat24x7: think, you don't

Brendan Roberts: i can backuyp my site myself, but i require the one you have from may 18th which another agent earlier said

he/she would place in my html, but i didnt want it at the time

Chat24x7: sorry it will be provided only when you open a ticket as this time it will affect all out other clients on the server

Chat24x7: Is there anything else I can help you with?

Chat24x7: Thank you for using our 24x7 Live Chat Service, if you would like a copy of this chat, please click the 'Close' button

and enter your email address.

Chat24x7: You will also be able to rate our service and make any comments you think would help us to improve, your opinion is

important to us.

Chat24x7: Thank you for chatting. Good-bye.

Brendan Roberts: im adding this to the list of chats i have had with 3ix, and i have already wrote 1 review...

• Cl
      18th of Feb, 2010

These guys are a joke. While I don't rely heavily on the web hosting itself, i am very depemdant on the email functionality, and this is up and down randomly all the time. My SMTP service will stop working for no reason and the webmail functionality constantly ceases with a

'Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to localhost:143 (Connection refused) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/plugins/login_auth/functions.php on line 129'

error.

Apparently there is a script they need to run to fix this which means they are well aware there is an issue, but rather than take the time to isolate and resolve, they wait for irate "clients" to contact them and deal on an individual basis.

I was lured by their low prices but are in teh procress of moving it accross to Register.com. While not the cheapest, they have never let me down in the past and there is someone on the phone I can speak to.

3ix.com is to be avoided at all costs.