3B Software Inc., DTV4PC / Software not what they claim

1 Warren, RI, United States Review updated:

I purchased software over internet received via downlown at 6:15 PM Feb 20, 2009. I tried the software claiming you could get DTV channels on your computer. Well most of the channels are overseas channels and the very few that are USA channels are college broadcast stations. At 9:30 PM I trried to contact via e-mail and by phone to cancel this and request a refund. They DO NOT respond to e-mail and the voice mail box has been full since last Friday night so you can't leave a message. Bottom line DON'T BUY THIS SOFTWARE it's NOT what it's advertized to be. I've filled a complaint thru my credit card company to disputer the charge and am contacting the FCC about their businness practices. I recommend you DON'T do business with 3B Software Inc. period.

Cy

Comments

• Do
      18th of Mar, 2009

I purchased dtv4pc I can not activate can you please help me donnatroilo@yahoo.com

18th of Mar, 2009

I purchased dtv4pc cannot activate it please help

21st of Apr, 2009

We also bought a dtv for pc from 3bsoftware, the thing would't activate either. Reapeated messages on an answering machine and an email message resulted in absolutely no replies. We are trying to have it taken off our credit card, I don't believe they're a reputable business.

1st of Jun, 2009
    3b software - no reply for refund
    3b software

i can't get customer service to reply to my request for a refund. i've emailed them several times a day for the past week with no reply other than an automated " we'll get right back with you". BS!!! they haven't even tried! 1 week should have been plenty of time to respond. i am asking for my money back and obviously this is a their way to keep your money by completely ignoreing you. this site is a scam from my point of view and unfortunate experience.

• Gu
      9th of Aug, 2009

The same happened to me. I bought the software from another company providing the same kind of services.
    This company sold an incomplete software. When I down loaded and wanted to watch as they said, a message appears saying your registration is not completed. I send five emails but they did not respond. So I think once they collect the money they send you any junk thing. Now I lost my money and have nothing to watch. Zero.

• Kt
      18th of Aug, 2009

Do NOT Get Ripped Off By These Clowns! I made the mistake of doing so, to the tune of $19.99. They never sent me an order # to comfirm my purchase (which was through PayPal). The link to their download site was a "404 Error - Page Not Found". I filed a complaint w/ PayPal, & 3B Software never contacted them back. I sent my own emails to the company directly...just an answering machine. Did that numerous times over the course of 3 or 4 days...nothin. I ramped up my complaint w/ PayPal, & lo & behold, the software finally downloaded.

Loops. Lots & Lots & LOTS of nothing but tape loops Every single say, I'd click on BBC London, & see the same skinny guy, in the same skinny suit, giving the same weather forecast for Tuesday, for a wk & a half. I did manage to sit through some "news" program about the upcoming change in Britain's leadership. After listening for a few min, I heard then talk about what would happen when Tony Blair went out as PM, & how would Gordon Brown change the direction of the contry in his early days. Say WHAT????? Tony Blair went OUT as PM in 2007!!!

After trying to send more emails to 3B Software about this rip off, I still received no responses from them, except for more emails telling me about all the wonderful *other* crap I could buy offa them. So I went to my American Express acct, told them about it, & they got me my money back.

I next checked out their website, then did a little research on just who they are, where they're located, etc. Arlington TX was the city. I called information down there & asked for the number for 3B Software. Surprise, surprise - no listing for any such business, they'd never heard of them. On one company profile I read on them, it said they pulled in something like $2 million a yr, w/ only 1 or 2 employees.

I'm currently looking into sic-ing the BBB on them. They had them listed as having a "C+" rating, if I remember correctly. I don't see how *that's* possible, for a company that nobody can find in the phone book.

Meanwhile, I still have the program on my laptop, & just our of curiosity, I'll look at it occasionally to see if anything has changed. Nope, not one bit. Same film loops that are god-only-knows how old, & nothing else. They do offer "updated channels" every couple days, but I'm sure not seeing anything that's actually "updated". Just the same old crap.

Ask your credit card co to refund you your charges for this ripoff, then contact Arlington TX BBB & file your complaint. Best thing that could be done is for this fly-by-night rip-off artist to get caught & maybe have to pay back all the people he's scammed - providing he kept anyone's info long enough to do so.

Lin

• Sl
      21st of Nov, 2009

OH YEA! They Stink!

• Dw
      5th of Aug, 2010

Hello everyone, , , I bought this dtv4pc2 program on Aug 1, 2010
    I strongly reconmend to everyone wanting to purchase this program, , to NOT BUY IT !
    As far as im concern it`s nothing but a big scam.
    The program suck`s, , it`s terrible, , most channels don`t work, movie`s are all blury.
    It says you can updated for more channels, , yes right that doesn`t work either.
    I phoned there company in Texas, , all you get is an answering machine that you can`t talk to anyone or leave a msg.
    It does give you a web addres for a women named Laurn who works in there customer service office.
    But good luck with that too, Ive sent many e-mails to this person with no response back.
    Im a canadian so not sure what i can do about this, , , but hope no one falls for this outfit like i done so.
    DON`T GET SCAMED, STAY AWAY FROM 3B SOFYWARE
    Darrell

• Dw
      11th of Aug, 2010

WOW!!! They just refund my money back, , But i will never deal with them again
    Darrell

• Wa
      3rd of May, 2015

I have had this software sitting around for about 3 years. I decided to install it and when it came to activating it I got the message, Unable to activate registration. Check your internet connection. I have a very good connection.. I think everyone is right about their complaints, , It's a rip off