$300 free gas coupons / obnoxious selling

Phoenix, AZ, United States Review updated:
Kevin with EZ1Rate called yesterday afternoon (Saturday) and was persistent to get me to give him my VISA card number for $1.95 so he could mail me $300 in gas coupons. I told him I didn't have time to talk. He called back today at 9:45am (Sunday morning!) and reminded me he was the one who called yesterday and really wanted to send me the $300 in gas coupons. Even after I told him I wasn't interested and hung up the phone, he called back!! My husband answered and taunted them with various tactics. These guys insisted on talking to me. They finally gave up trying to get to me and began their selling tactics on him. I don't think any legitimate company would be so persistant to get our VISA number.
Di

Comments

Pa
  25th of Jan, 2009
I had the same thing happen yesterday (1-24-09). A very persistent person from EZ1Rate. I told him I wasn't interested. It was obvious where this while thing was going, but he wouldn't get off the phone and was getting very argumentative. So . . . I hung up on him.

Minutes later the same person called and asked why I had hung up. I told him, again, that I was not interested and asked him if he understood the concept of "no free lunch." That's when he told me I could have the $300 in coupons good at any gas station with no expiration date.

I hung up on him again and, thankfully, he has not called back.