3 Green Movers / rip off

1 Glen Burnie, MD, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877.223.7501

was given quote for 3 hours at 70/per hour plus 1 hours travel time at 70/per hour. Was promised 3 guys and would arrive at 9:00. Original quote stated they would not charge for needing to wrap items, nor for additional items including steps and location of move. Was called at 8:30 to say they would not be there until 12:00, called back 45 mintues later and said they were on their way. Showed up with a truck 1/4 of the way already filled and only 2 guys. Filled truck and did not get all of my items. Got to condo and they charged me $450 stating it was going to take 5 hours not 3 and travel time plus packaging. I called Guy (relocation specialist), told him I would compromise. Stated I would pay for 3, not 6. He said okay. Received call back from dispatcher Jay who said no way, after I had already paid. Said I would have to pay the additional 40 they discounted and hung up on me after stating they would keep my belongings and refused to take off the truck. Also stated I was being charged because condo was on second floor. I eventually paid the extra $40, paying $450 total to only have 3/4 of my stuff delivered - was quoted $270. They are a complete scam and very unprofessional.

Comments

• Ni
      31st of Oct, 2008
    3 Green Movers - Steeling from and Overcharging Client
    3 Green Movers
    Virginia

3 green movers shown up 2 hours late. Than were working lazily all day. The estimate for 1 BR apartment was $480 ($70 an hour). The final bill was $2, 650 demanded in cash. We refused to pay, and offer just a $1, 000. They took 75% of our furniture away to sell it!
    Never use them!

• Gr
      4th of Nov, 2008

I HAVE BEEN TAKEN FOR OVER $100, 000 GRAND, JAY AND GUY FIRST TOLD ME THEY LOST THE TRUCK, THEN THE TRUCK WAS STOLEN, AND I STILL PAY TO BE RIPPED OFF. BBB, IN MARLAND HAVE AT LEAST 6 COMPLIANTS, AND THE ATTORNEY GENERAL HAS TWO COMPLAINTS, AMSA THE ASSOCATION HAS NONE AND ARE STILL FEEDING THE GREEN MOVERS WORK. AMSA NUMBER TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE GREEN MOVERS IS 703-683-7410 ITS WORTH THE CALL, THIS CALL WILL STOP THESE THIVES, RESPECTFULLY GREG, TONIA, NICOLE, KUMP

• Gr
      21st of Nov, 2008

I work for the green movers and i think that Mr. Greg Kump is maybe not ok in the head
    no body told him the truck lost or stolen, i don't know if he is imagining things or on medications, 1000 Cubic feet was loaded on the tuck so i don't know what he is trying to do, maybe getting some money by trying to lie to everybody. and Shelly's contract is based on an hourly rate and if we need to use packimg materials that we can NOT use again it is extra and she was charge by the hours the guys worked not for second floor, moving into a second floor takes more time it is as simple as that.

• Dg
      2nd of Feb, 2009

I used them before searching, moved from Maryland, they accepted a check, said they would be at my place in Hurst, TX on Jan.31 didn't show up til Monday Feb. 2. Then they just walked on in on my wife, without knocking, then demanded Cash or POSTAL MONEY ORDER before releasing my stuff for the remainder of the bill. I will never use them again, ever. I will get a u-haul before using these low life rip off's.

• Us
      12th of Jun, 2009

This company is the worst that I've ever experienced in the many moves that I've accomplished in the military. From showing up late, cursing me out on the phone, and still not receiving my refund check. My mission as I inform them on a weekly basis is to tell everyone I can how bad and unprofessional they are. It is amazing this company is still in business.

I looking to find a lawyer and sue these knuckleheads. I really don't want money ... I would be happy with Jay being fired and the company put out of business.

• Us
      12th of Jun, 2009

Green movers has the nerve to be posting comments. They would do much better in accomplishing some customer service training for their employees especially that individual Jay. I think he is the dispatcher, customer service rep, quality guy, janitor, tax rep and everything else (none of which I bet is done correctly).

Three Green Movers go into another business which does not require you to provide a service to a customer. I'm working to put your unprofessional company on the blackball list at the military installations within the NCR.

Maybe Jay will do a great job as a lawyer defending you in court. I'm going to rant a little more ... have you ever heard the saying the customer will tell maybe one person about a great experience with a company (never in your case) and at least 10 others when they have a bad experience. Well I begin every conversation with how horrible a move I had and that your company is the worst company regardless of business type.

I'm on leave contacting lawyers and ran across this and would never have thought the company would be posting to these comment boards.

3 Green Movers get back to work providing your same subpar service and getting away with it (how long we don't know).

• Br
      31st of Jul, 2009

I used this company when I moved from DC to Connecticut. It was by far the worst moving experience I have ever had and I have moved over 9 times in 5 states. They showed up 10 hours late to the pick-up and when we repeatedly called them they either didn't answer the phone or said they would be there in 10-30 minutes. But it gets better. They were 2-days late to the agreed upon delivery time and when they did arrive it was in the middle of the night, which obviously pleased our new neighbors tremendously. I can't even begin to express the number of items that were broken or didn't even arrive. When we questioned the amount we should be made to pay for this incredibly poor service Guy (the owner) became irate. He even threatened us-screaming "I will be back for my money." We paid him (because he wouldn't unload the bedroom furniture until he got paid), but I am planning on writing a letter to the consumer protection department of the attorneys general of Maryland, DC, and Virginia. I'm not trying to get any money back-I just want the state to be aware of the disservice they are providing to their citizens.

• Br
      31st of Jul, 2009

The Green Movers are the worst moving service I had ever used or have heard about. And from what I have read on several websites, I'm not alone. They showed up 10 hours late to load the truck and then charged us more then they had quoted. After watching one guy break a lamp and another throw a box that was marked FRAGILE in big, yellow tape, they finally got all of our stuff into the truck and promised to deliver it on time. In standard fashion, they were two days late for the drop-off. When we called (about every hour) they told us they were only a few hours away each time. They finally arrived at midnight, two days late, and started moving this in. When we told them our complex didn't allow late night move-ins they acted as though we were inconveniencing them. In desperation to have our stuff, we let them. But when we questioned the price we were suppose to pay for this horrendous service, Guy began to scream at us. He even threatened us by saying, "I'll be back for my money." When I asked him if that was a threat he replied, "Yes." We did eventually pay him because he refused to unload any bedroom furniture until we did. I still don't know why we didn't just call the police. To top it off several boxes weren't delivered and numerous things were broke. I'm in the process of writing my own letter to the attorneys general in Maryland, DC, and Virginia.