3-G Company / Bad pen pal service (and scammer)

FACT ONE: I placed pen pal advertisement on a Pen Pal Website (not related to 3-G Company).

EXPLANATION of FACT ONE:
I pen pal through postal mail. I placed a free pen pal advertisement on a few websites (not related to 3-G company) that I have posted advertisements for years. Well, the last time I posted on the website, someone from the 3-G Company decided that it was "okay" to start copy and pasting anyone's advertisement from the website I used and place it in their PAID magazine.

FACT TWO: I received over 100 pen pal letters from prison pen pals.

EXPLANATION Of FACT TWO:
I have received over 100 prison pen pal letters that state that "I saw your ad in the 3-G Company pen pal magazine and I paid them X dollars for it..." I don't want to write prison pen pals, nor do I want them wasting time with your magazine or postage to write to me.

CONCLUSION:
3-G Company pen pal magazine uses people. They take advantage of people that post on free pen pal websites, copy and paste the advertisements into their PAID magazine, then TAKE ADVANTAGE of prison pen pals that have to pay for the magazine. Then when the prisoners write to people they get no responses because 3-G Company placed many people in their magazine that didn't want to write prisoners in the first place.

So, I would recommend anyone to not do business with 3-G Company's Pen Pal Magazine, they don't use proper business practices nor do they ask your permission to place your ad in their magazine if you posted it on a different pen pal site on the internet.

Scott

Comments

• Ju
      27th of Mar, 2008

I had the exact same thing happen. I joined some pen pal website and the next thing I know I'm getting a whole bunch of letters from prison inmates and I never agreed to being posted in some magazine. I really don't like getting all these letters and I wish I knew how to stop it and get myself taken out of this magazine.

20th of Apr, 2009

I agree with you Julie my daughter has been getting alot of letters from prison inmates all over the place and they said my daughter posted a ad for prison inmates to write to her ...I sometimes read the letters and I plan on writing to a couple of them cause some seem pretty decent to write to but I'm just tired of her getting so many letters cause she simply can't afford to the postage n time to write to every prisoner whom writes to her...I wish there was a way to get these letters to stop coming ...is there a way to contact this 3-G Magazine and tell them SEND MY DAUGHTER NO MORE PEN PAL LETTERS FROM INMATES Sincerely Mrs Alma I Kelly .

• Fr
      26th of Apr, 2009

Mrs. Alma,
    I am having the same thing happening to me. I signed up for penpal site online and now I am getting all these letters from prisoners all over the US. Have you had any luck getting them to stop? If so let me know please. I do not blame the inmates because they are just trying to find somone to write to. But i never signed up to be in the magazine and they are no where to be found online.
    Shauna

18th of Aug, 2009

I've recently moved but the Prison Pen Pal Letters followed me to my new address all the Letters are addressed to my daughter whom currently is'nt at home..but she said I can read the letters and either write to some of the prison inmates or trash em...my Problem is I'de like to get the letters sent to me and not my daughter but how do I get in touch with the E-GMagizine Company I can't seem to find them...I realy enjoy reading the letters I get in the mail and many of them are trashed cause it would cost a fortune in stamps 2 write to all the men whom write...Some are very lonely and just want attention from the outside world so I write to them monthly...but I'de like to hear from someone on how I can Contact the 3-G PenPal Magazine Company..BALLBREAKER8_2004@YAHOO.COM

• Bi
      17th of Sep, 2009

I joined a pen pal site about 2 years ago, and like all of you. I am getting letters from prisoners. I recently just got married, and even though I tell my husband I am not writting too prisoners. He does not know whether to believe me. This is putting me though strain on our marriage. I have moved but the letters keep coming. Does anyone know how too get ahold of this magazine. birdlovermt59@yahoo.com

8th of Jul, 2010

the only thing i can say about this that you need to be takeing off the list, or just return to sender and then let the other know that you don't want to get go more mail from guy in jail or other places. i kenny smith had to do the same thing send back a lot of letters and told the person who has the pen pal magazine to take me off the list. right now i olny get 1 or 2 letters a year now from guy's in jail now. i got it to where i don't get much no more.

16th of Oct, 2010

i want to know where i can get the person to give me the dam address of the pen pal news letter, i don't want to get no more mail from guy's in jail. i did not want to be on that type of pen pal letter. do you think that the BBB and other can stop the person to stop it?. can we all take the person to court. i want this to stop now. i sent back not only 2 i sent back about 8 letters. i want the address from pen pal 3-G company now. any one here help me please. here is my only e-mail i got get2it88@yahoo.com

• Ka
      26th of Oct, 2010

Hi, I’m 18 years beautiful Bangladeshi girl. I enjoy all aspects of life, especially nature. I love the beach. My hobbies are Dancing, Cooking, Traveling, Watching Music, Movie, TV, Computer, and Collecting: - Pen Pals Magazine (New), Stamps, Paper Money (Banknotes), Coins, Dolls, Computer Games, DVD movie. I enjoy learning new things and broadening my horizons. I'm seeking a friend, pen friend and even legal help. My E-Mail Address : - kakonmony@yahoo.com

30th of Oct, 2010

i want every one to know this some one is useing the older pen pal news letter to use against the one from canfield oh. as a nice person i tryed to get this person to do what i had to to is fine the po box and send him a letter to him. i just got back my answer and some one is useing old letters out there to use. the person is not useing no one name and ad's, i need proof from all of you to see the FRONT COVER with what numbers are on there.
    so this person did not do his job and i just found out from 3G company him self, i may be 60 yr old and i can trust in him as he trust in me. i know how long i was in the news latters and when i stoped it. so to the person if you want me to fine you just stop useing the old ad i have in any of the pen pals letters, my next one will be coded. this way i will know where they came from and why it is out there then. to scott johnson, posted 2008 01-06. i need you to give me the info on the news letter. i just don't want to be a pest ok. i am trying to be nice with you.

16th of Nov, 2010

ok, i did my home work for you all that have got a bad pen pal news letter. here is where they are comeing from, Robert Wagner Service. his name and every thing all you will need to do get a hold of them.
    Robert Wagner
    p.o. box 3304
    kingman Az 86402-3304

and here is the other one as well as the first one, there was 2 of them.

Brenda's Pen Pal Club
    379 arcadia drive
    Lumberton nc 28360

• Ti
      18th of Nov, 2010

I'm having that trouble right now!! I didn't put my name in a pen pal sight on the web, I just write my name and address in friendship books, friendship folds, friendship sheets and slams. I LOVE doing those, but that's got to be where they got my name and address from!!! Someone must have written down my name and address from a friendship book with out my permission and then it got around!! I don't want to write to prisoners and I just have my wife throw the letters out!! How can I stop this?!?! I would like to end this as soon as possible and not have them come in my mail any more!! I DON'T WANT TO WRITE TO PRISONERS!!! The one that I got the other day said that they got my name from a magazine called "World Wide Private Pen Pal Magazine" and I don't know how they got my name and address, except for the friendship books and I NEVER heard of that magazine at all!!! Never seen it either!!! I'd like to have it stopped and I WON'T WRITE TO PRISONERS!!! I would like to have some help on this to get my name out of there if anyone knows how to do that!! Thank you so very much for helping me out with this!!! Tim Dodge

• Tt
      17th of Jun, 2011

Hi People,
    I have the address for the 3-G Company Pen Pal service if you want it.
    3-G Company
    P.O. Box 1022
    Canfield OH 44426
    Write to Mr. Andrews and ask him to take your name off any lists. He publishes an inmate mag called the "Big Mail Adviser"
    I do not have an email address for him. Sorry!
    I don't think it's Robert Wagner that's using your names on a pen pal list. He works for someone else so it's probably the other guy he works for that's lifting names off the internet.
    Hope this helps. No one should have their name or address used without their permission. This kind of thing is a pain to have to deal with.

• Cj
      22nd of Nov, 2011

I don't know how this 3G Penpal mag got my name and address!!! I haven't posted to any penpal sites. How do I get my info. removed??? Yikes! I got a letter from an inmate today.

• Ka
      14th of Mar, 2012

Hi ! How are you ? I am Fine. I am interested to make friendship with you. I am 26, born the 17th September. I am 05 feet 10 inches height & I have a greet sense of humor, understanding, jolly minded, honest, Unmarried Bangladeshi boy. I am enjoy sports, Traveling, Social Work, Photography, Love - Friends, Drawing, Fishing, Learning new things, Music, Movie, TV, Computer, face book. I want a real Pen Friendship. Collecting: - Stamps, Paper Money (Banknotes), T-Shirts from All Over the world, Phone cards, Coins, Dolls, Magazine, Computer Software, DVD movie.
    My E-mail Address: - sakabir1842@gmail.com
    Postal Address : Mr. S. A. Kabir, 273 MUnsef Para, BD # 3400 B.Baria, Bangladesh.

• St
      19th of Jun, 2012

I have had the SAME problem! For FOUR YEARS NOW, I have been receiving literally HUNDREDS of prisoner letters thanks to this company! I posted on some LEGIT pen pals websites online looking for REGULAR pen pals. This magazine stole my address and has been publishing it for years WITHOUT MY CONSENT. I always send these letters BACK to the prisoners telling them to stop writing me and stop my address from being published and sent around to other inmates and it hasn't worked so far. I can't seem to find this company online to tell them to stop publishing my address. I had never even heard of this company before and they somehow stole my address and for 4+ years, I have been getting 1-10 prisoner letters a week! I am SICK of felons having my contact information and I don't know how to stop it!!!

• Zz
      24th of Jun, 2012

The 3-G company has an agreement with many pen-pal ad sites, to post online information with him. Including adnet. So it is not "Copy an paste." And further more, he has no e-mail address, he doesn't even have a hook-up to the Internet! Go on complain on this site all you want! He'll never see it!

• Di
      6th of Feb, 2014

A false 3G plane was registered by vrushali patil 123 rs balance Got deducted and then are not even Give me reFund

• Br
      23rd of May, 2016

You can contact The magazine at 3-G Company Worldwide, P. O. Box 1022, Canfield, Ohio 44406. the Editor is Ab Andrews. He will be more then happy to help you. Send a self addressed stamped envelope if you wish to receive a reply.

• Co
      18th of Sep, 2017

i had my name in there magazine for over 10 years didn't know it was until i started getting letters from prisoners i've received thousands i got married last year and my husband isn't happy with this everytime a new magazine comes out i get more letters less than 5 were from guys not in prison so this tells you who they sell the magazines to it should be illegal for people to sell our namesthank you for posting the address i plan on getting my name out of the magazine

17th of Nov, 2017

I don't have a comment right but i need your help, I sent a money order for a three pen pals list, this is for my son his Name is Alex D. Garza #1411035 his address Polunsky Unit 3872 FM 350 south Livingston, Texas 77351. I don' know if I wrote his name on the money Order, but i did send a self stamp envolope with his name on it, I hope you can direct me to the right person, this is not a complaint. I hope you can help me Thank you ..Marylou Garza