24hr Fitness / Membership cancellation!

1 Taylorsville, UT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800 they sck

The ###s from 24hr fitness would cancel my membership the kept giving the wrong 800 # finally was able to get off the web spoke to headquarter Kat got it cancel after 5 attempt where everyone kept saying you never called. Every one assure me the Front desk at the GYM could cancel the membership I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND 24 HR STAY AWAY they run the CLUBS like DOOR TO DOOR SALESMAN not Cst svc AT ALL ** TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE at 24 hr FITNESS ***.

Om

Comments

• Gr
      6th of Sep, 2007
    24hr Fitness - Poor service!

My son was sign up as a trial for two weeks and went back 5 days later to cancel and was denied, not only they did not have consent by an adult they took his atm card number and charged it with membership fees. Parents called and was put on hold every conversations. Talked to three managers and they all did the same thing.

Beware!

• Br
      9th of Dec, 2008
    24hr Fitness - Broken sternum due to staff negligence
    Colorado

Be careful when you visit any new 24hr facility. They're thrown up so fast it's dangerous. For me, the shipping grease was not cleaned off the weights (just taken out of the boxes and thrown on the benches), and I broke my sternum when 200lbs fell on my chest because the bars had grease on them. The staff was of course rude, inconsiderate, and in their early 20's. My advice, if you have the means, pay for a better fitness center. If not, read your contract carefully. They make sure they're not liable if ANYTHING happens to you or your loved ones, even if it's their fault.

• Ca
      15th of Dec, 2008
    24hr Fitness - RIP OFF Unathorized Withdrawl of My Account
    Houston
    Texas

I had recently had a baby and signed up for a membership at 24hr fitness, and within 7days i had cancelled my membership because i had no one to watch my baby and 24hr fitness only allow kids 6 mnths - 12 yrs of age in the daycare, so i made sure that I wouldnt accumulate any charges for cancelling within my 14 day period. The rep there told me I wouldn't, now almost 3 weeks later im finding surprisingly charges in the amount of $74.00 on my account and my membership was only supposed to be $29.00. When i called and finally got the branch manager she said that the rep made a mistake giving me untrue info, and said that they were still going to charge my account in the next 4 days for sign up fees. I was highly pissed and all she could tell me was that she couldn't refund my money but could give me credit for 2 free months in March and April, I mind you this is December.. I now have to cancel my account just so they wont be able to charge it again.. SO PLEASE TAKE IT FROM ME DONT SIGN UP WITH THEM THEY 'RE ONLY GOING TO RIP YOU OFF..AND IF YOU DO MAKE SURE YOU CANCEL WITHIN 3 DAYS OR YOU WILL BE CHARGE FOR NUMEROUS THINGS...

• Te
      19th of Feb, 2009

The only thing I can say is insist on a confirmation number. Names won't do because you are calling another country. I have been trying to cancel my membership for almost 4 months. They keep insisting that I have never called. I called and canceled and then the charges for membership keep showing up on my bill. So, I called back and canceled again and was assured that my cancellation would go through. The problem is that you don't know if they cancel you until you get your CC statement. When I call back they tell me that they have no record of me calling. When I ask for a supervisor they put me on hold for an indefinite period of time. I call and cancel. They tell me that you have to give a 30day notice. So they bill you for another month. Then when it is time for the cancellation to be in effect, you get billed again on your CC. When you call they say that you never canceled and you start the entire circle of crap over again. THIS IS A RACKET! I ended up recording my phone call to get it handled. NEVER NEVER let any company electronically debit your cc!

• De
      26th of Apr, 2011
    24hr Fitness - Billing
    Texas

24hr fitness has the worst membership canceling policy I have ever experienced. After canceling my membership I was assured there will not be further charges billed to my credit card. Lo and behold I saw charges for 2 consecutive months there after on my credit card. When I called the billing on this issue and requested credit for these charges, I was told they do not show any charges under the account on file. I was asked to provide my full credit card number for them to research the charges and after vending my frustration at this request I did provide the number reluctantly. Sure enough their system does not show any charges to my account. At this point I was asked to provide them via fax with the detail of charges on my card. In this day in age this was the poorest excuse I have heard and it was an out right lie to not have to process the credit with minimal problem. Unable to handle/resolve a simple issue is a reason that turns consumer away, I would not become a member again and if I do I would pay on my terms on month to month rather than provide them any account info. I'm sure I burned a lot of calories over this.

• Ji
    Cutler Bay
    Florida
    Phone: 305.909.0076
    24hourfitness.com

In short my wife and I had paid for our memberships and kids club. However every time we enter and sign in we are confronted as if my wife's account is past due. We continue to advise them that we paid to no avail. We even brought the receipt and our bank statements but they still say we did not pay. Meanwhile as we are signing in, there are numerous members in the area who can overhear the situation. This is very embarrassing. The employees are not discreet with the exception of Corey who is always professional and polite. I think it has to do more with him personally rather than any training by 24hr. Needless to say, I am not satisfied and do not appreciate being embarrassed by a company I do business with. I am going to turn in my notice and terminate our memberships since in their eyes we did not pay. I am sure they will have no problem with us leaving.

• Ji
      26th of Sep, 2011

Wow. That is the same excuse they have given us! They say, "we are not showing any payment in our system..." Even though we paid, showed our receipt AND bank statements!