24 Hour Fitness / rip off, unauthorized charges!

In addition to the numerous complaints I see against this company, I think we should all ban together and sue 24 Hour Fitness , or at least be able to join the ongoing lawsuit filed in California, I live in Colorado and from what I have heard, they are nothing but a big rip off. I guess if you are famous and don't mind missing money , then by all means enjoy your membership, I myself am a hard working individual and need to know where every penny is. Not only did 24 Hour fitness not take payments they were supposed to,they decided once they realized the payments weren't being drafted to take money each week from my account, after a month and $245 on a $49/month membership I said something to several people and was assured the money would be replaced, that was a lie!! I still to this day do not have my money back and after numerous complaints and letters to 24 Hour Fitness, I can say I probably never will without the help of a lawyer. So if anyone knows a good one let me know.

Comments

As
  17th of Jan, 2008

I had a 24 hr membership in coer d alene idaho which automatically took 43 bucks out of my back account each month..fine. Until one month my account overdrafted by accident and they were not paid. I called them and thought since they required first and last month dues, that my overdrafted month would just be covered by the ''last month'' payment i made to initially become a member. Since i could no longer afford the membership dues, i figured this ''last month'' payment would end my membership. i did not try to access their gym at all once this happened. 6 months later my account was debited almost 250 dollars for ''past months dues''...Is that legal? I recieved nothing in the mail alerting me to this unauthorized debit and the only way i found out about it is when my 250 dollar car payment was declined due to insufficient funds. No customer service rep would admit to any wrong doing citing 'memberships can only be cancelled in person''. i think its BS and i want my money back!!

Mi
  22nd of Jun, 2009

I remeber when me and the wife woke up one day and went shopping to buy food for the week at walmart -:sigh! but anyways, upon trying to pay the bank card was declined!. We ent home and pulled up the online Wells fargo (the carage and horse's running away with all ur money bank) and saw that 24 hour fitness had drafted and entire 3 years memberhsip out of the account.

After all the shouting and stuff was over, i went down to the gym and they just plamed me off to the telephone number in Carlsbad CA.

I took 6 months to get the money back with no comp. what so ever. NONE! and the Amount of ballache i had to go through each week calling and waiting just to deal with total incompitance and a very poor negative attitude, these filthy animals need taking out the picture all together and never be aloud to conduct any sort of business that involves taking peoples Bank details, the bottom line is peeps, if you can now days, DONT EVEN HAVE A BANK ACCOUNT BECAUSE THERE THE WORST PEOPLE FOR STEALING YOUR MONEY, LET ALONE ANYBODY ELSE. just join the YMCA and skrew all that posing ###.