24 Hour Corp Or E - Sprint LLC / Fraudulent credit card charges

1 Carmichael, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800 682-7189

I have had charges in the amount of $16.26 three months in a row from this entity (24 Hour Corp, Carmichael, CA). I just received my American Express bill today with another charge. I called American Express as well regarding the charges in the prior months and they gave me a credit. I asked American Express who this was and to check into it because I think it is fraud, even though the dollar amounts are not high. There is no vendor telephone number on the bill to call them. I am very annoyed with this third or fourth charge. I did ask American Express to put a block on the company from charging me and perhaps this new credit posted during the dispute resolution. I am ready to tell American Express to cancel my charge card with them if I have to go through this again. They have known about this problem for several months. I am a CPA and this appears to be fraud!!! I will not let this go.

Comments

• Li
      27th of Aug, 2008

We had two (2) charges for $25.02 on our August statement. Amer Ex had it adjusted within 2 weeks, however, we still know nothing about the company or what they think they charged us for.

EVERYONE should check their statement carefully every month.

• Pl
      28th of Aug, 2008

AMEX (from MBNA) in the UK recognised this as fraud & cancelled the card - it is said that the amounts are low because its below the authorisation limit so they go through automatically - but some AMEX issuers are waiting for customers to complain before they do anything.

• Ge
      29th of Aug, 2008

I had two charges from them on my Greek Alpha Bank AMEX, within July, the amounts were 17, 05 and 17, 18 euros...it is amazing the way they let this company charging people all this time. The Bank returned the amounts but I still find it unacceptable...
    I have reported it since 4 of AUGUST and AMEX still let them charge.

• Br
      29th of Aug, 2008

I have had the same charge in the amount of 38.67 for two separate occasions. I have notified AMEX of the charges and they are investigating. This definitely appears to be fraud.

• Ca
      1st of Sep, 2008

I have had the same charge of $25.66 twice from 24 Hour Corp in Carmichael, CA with no reference phone number and no web search results. Thank you for this complaint board, I was able to contact AMEX and have the charge credited back to my account. They say that they cannot prevent or block charges from coming thru to the card, so if they cannot contact this "company" then I will need to cancel this AMEX card to prevent future fraud.

• Da
      1st of Sep, 2008

I always check my statements and when i saw 24hour corp 24hour carmichael, fishing equipment, i immediately thought something was wrong. the amount is small $37.69. last night i called amex to inform them and then again today for something else and i have apparently been charged a new $37.69. i asked to put a stop to the card. funnily enough i was at milan airport last month and bought a telephone card, which then appeared on my statement in USD. Maybe it is a coincidence, but they are certainly the only 2 items in USD for the last few years! i always try to keep an eye on my card whenever i pay, but on this occasion i had no cash and the lady at the booth called a colleague to give her my c/c number to put the transaction through ... who knows? My advice is never leave sight of your card! Ciao. Daniela

• Ti
      2nd of Sep, 2008

I just got charged on 8/12/08 on my Amex as well by this company. The charge, like everyone else was small- $44.19. Called AMEX, and they credited it back to me. The representative did say that this vendor has been popping up on a lot of complaints as of late.

• Me
      2nd of Sep, 2008

I had two charges from this, ahem, company on my (US) American Express Card. The AMEX representative I spoke to said she had processed three complaints in the last week alone. Please let American Express know if you have been charged. Post complaints too so that others are warned. Thanks for starting this complaint board.

FYI:

Since this information was first posted, the "company" has removed their website and both their phone numbers have crashed (one phone number was the one given to me by American Express itself). The only evidence is that you can still see a bit of their home page cached by Google. Clearly we have made their life a little less pleasant. Although I'm sure they are just changing company names and that this has not stopped them, I appreciate all the support of this board.

• Di
      8th of Sep, 2008

I had the same thing happen on 8/7/2008 for 41.92. AMEX reversed the charges. I hope it doesn't happen again.

• Bi
      11th of Sep, 2008

Yup, same thing hear. $25.99. Amex immediately credited and returned the charge. They seem to know about it but can't or won't give any details. I have no idea who 24 hour corp is. Makes me wonder about security on their (Amex's) part?! I am VERY careful with my info.

• Jd
      13th of Sep, 2008

i just noticed six recurring charges of 42..02 and 42.09 on my aug bill. where's the california AG on this? seems like a big problem.

• Ka
      16th of Sep, 2008

ATTENTION ALL VICTIMS OF 24 HOUR CORP SCAM:

I work for the Better Business Bureau in North East California. We are currently working on the 24 Hour Corp Scam with AMEX card holders. This scam has reached all the way to the UK.

PLEASE EMAIL ME at your earliest convenience. We are meeting with channel 3 and 13 and would love to schedule more interviews and find out more information as to the number of people affected.

I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks,

Sincerely,
    Katie Robison
    Public Relations and Program Services
    ops@necal.bbb.org

• Ci
      22nd of Sep, 2008

I too am being charged by 24 HOUR CORP. The first time in May and I called AMEX and they gave me a credit in June($24.39) Then they charged me again in July and August for $24.39. AMEX again will credit my account. But, they have no info for this company - no phone #! I asked them to block it and they cannot. So, my next move will have to be to obtain a new account. I tried the phone number thats listed above (800-682-7189) it is constantly busy. Not sure if calling would help - cuz they will ask for my amex account #, right?

22nd of Sep, 2008

Just FYI. Since I first posted this information, a lot has happened. It is no use trying to call them or go to the website. They have removed the website and both telphone numbers have crashed. Get Amex to block all charges from them. Although I'd bet these folks won't be using "24 Hour Corp" in their future scams.

The BBB in the Sacramento Area has contacted some of the local media. Here is a link to a video clip. It doesn't give us any new information but it is gratifying to see the word getting out.

• Ra
      24th of Sep, 2008

I just found a charge on my business AMEX from this company and when I went to look it up on the internet (since I did not recognize the name) I found your page. I called AMEX to have the charge reversed, when the representative looked at the charge, he found they had made the charge to my old card number (I changed account numbers a year and a half ago due to other fraudulent charges). Apparently because it is a company with the card "on file" they let the charge go through even though this is an account number no longer in existence. This is someone who obviously collected these account numbers quite awhile ago.

25th of Sep, 2008

Thanks Rachel for posting. Interesting that the credit card number was over a year old. Other "victims" reported that they had *never* used their card.

With the amounts too small to concern Amex (at first) and with law enforcement either swamped or behind the times, it is up to us as a community to watch out for ourselves and warn each other.

Thanks again to everyone who posted. I think we made a difference.

• Ro
      8th of Nov, 2008

Case # 64992873
    Ron Cancilla
    Complaint against Devine Introductions...

I have received a full refund from devine Introductions.
    I feel I would not have recieved a refund without the help of BBB. Thank you.
    Ron Cancilla

• Th
      5th of Feb, 2009
    24hourcorp - Monthly bill
    South Carolina

bill to my Amex without authorization

29th of Jul, 2009

Can Anyone knows this Company PMedia I'nl Translate Corporation?. thanks. please give me an advise asap.