Comments

• Ni
      4th of Sep, 2008

As you figured out, these are most likely fraudulent charges.

Check out other complaints at:

or at:

• Ai
      7th of Sep, 2008

Same exact thing just happened to me- amex card, same business name, same notes, except they did it 2 times, and the charge was 44.19 each time.

• Mi
      8th of Sep, 2008

Same thing. Two charges on my AX card for $37.69 each!

• Rj
      9th of Sep, 2008

I HAVE AMEX INVESTIGATING FOR TWO MONTHS, AND I INTEND TO HAVE THE STATE OF CONNECTICUT CONSUMER FRAUD DEPT, RICHARD BLUMENTHAL, INVESTIGATE AS WELL.

• Jf
      9th of Sep, 2008

I agree that I think this company is fraudulent. This is the information that I have found about the supposedly company.

I did a reverse search lookup for the company's address on whitepages.com and these are the results that I have found:

1 Result matching "6104 Holt Ln, Carmichael, CA."
    Andrey Yakovlevhome
    6104 Holt Ln
    Carmichael, CA 95608-3972
    phone number unavailable

• Vi
      10th of Sep, 2008

BEWARE OF 24 HOUR CORP 24 HOUR CARMICHAEL

Thank you for posting the alerts. I returned from the US and my card was fraudulently debited with $27.46 by 24 Hour Corp 24 Hour Carmichael. Unfortunately, I only noticed after this was done three times. My bank has agreed to reverse the amounts and will be investigating the matter.

10th of Sep, 2008

I have just received my AMX Credit Card statement with a charge from 24 hour Corp 24 Hour Carmichael CA for $48.78
    Called AMX and they agreed to credit the charge on my next statement. This is clearly fraud that they seemed to know all about it, because there were no questions asked, just said that the charge would be reversed and gave me a confirmation number.

11th of Sep, 2008

I went to the States in May and only spent money at the hotel on my credit card and got US Dollars before I went.
    I have been back for nearly 4 months and now I get a 24hour corp on my statement for 23.18$.
    I have phoned my bank and they are aware of it and now they are investigating. Ihave given them the address above and we shall see what happens. This really is annoying.

11th of Sep, 2008

I have had two charges from 24 Hour Corp on my UK LLoyds/Amex card. LLoyds say they have had no other complaints!!!

11th of Sep, 2008

Lloyds should be familiar with the problem as it was their clients who first complained. Check the forum at http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1081291&page=2 for two pages of Lloyds client complaints about "24 hour corp".

The reason Amex immediately credits your account is because it is a small amount. I had to ask them NOT to immediately credit my account and to process the charges as fraud. I just received a letter saying that Amex has ruled in my favor and has told the company to never charge my account again. We'll see, but at least AMEX should be on alert.

Hi Nicked
    You are right Lloyds obviously know all about it, they just will not admit that their system can be comprimised with the resultant lack of confidence it would bring about. Lying banker comes to mind!
    Don't you just love 'em.

• Cl
      12th of Sep, 2008

Each month for the last 3 months, I have had charges on my Lloyds card to this company. I have tried to cancel the card to prevent this fraudulent use but Lloyds inform me that, even though they are investigating this company on behalf of a large number of clients, my account cannot be closed until the investigation is complete. In the mean time I am having to phone up each month to dispute this charge. This month I have also been charged for late payment with interest for the disputed amounts on my current statement. To make matters worse I have never used the Amex card on this duo card account so how has 24 hour corp got hold on my account number. Could the fraudster must be an employee of Lloyds?

14th of Sep, 2008

Or AMEX?

• Ea
      14th of Sep, 2008

Same thing from 24 Hour Corp. just happened on my AMEX - three charges each for $25.04. Did a reverse check on google and that single family home was sold on July 29 for 1, 055, 044. AMEX said they would just credit my charges .

• Ad
      15th of Sep, 2008

I had the same problem with this fraudulent company. Two charges for $43.22 in August. American Express said they would credit the charges and investigate.

• Bo
      15th of Sep, 2008

Same thing happened to me for $42.09. American Express said they would credit my account and are investigating. Thank you people for posting this information. I thought I just missed a charge. Now I'm going back and see if I have any charges from other months.

• La
      15th of Sep, 2008

Same thing happened to me! after viewing the comments above I called AMX and complained. I was credited the amount of $41.37 to my account. They know about the fraud and are investagating. Makes one wonder how my account became available.

• Ke
      15th of Sep, 2008

Same thing - 2 charges for $39.04 each.

• Ka
      16th of Sep, 2008

ATTENTION ALL VICTIMS OF 24 HOUR CORP SCAM:

I work for the Better Business Bureau in North East California. We are currently working on the 24 Hour Corp Scam with AMEX card holders. This scam has reached all the way to the UK.

PLEASE EMAIL ME at your earliest convenience. We are meeting with channel 3 and 13 and would love to schedule more interviews and find out more information as to the number of people affected.

I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks,

Sincerely,
    Katie Robison
    Public Relations and Program Services
    katier@necal.bbb.org

18th of Sep, 2008

I am based in the UK and noticed the unauthorised charges because they were the only ones in US Dollars on my statement. I hadn't used my card abroad or over the internet.

Amex (in the UK) said that they are aware of the problem and their fraud team are investigating. They have stopped my card and will credit me for the two unauthorised charges which were $28.04 each.

Many thanks for posting the alerts. Without it, I would not have known I was a victim of fraud.