21st Mortgage

Posted:

harassment

21st Mortgage
Tennessee
This company is like no other we have ever dealt with. They call all day every day on every number they have. They have gotten our neighbors number somehow and have been calling them and I have no idea how they have gotten there numbers. Even if u send them a payment and its just a couple dollars short they are calling saying they can't do anything with intil they have received all of it and then they start adding all of these late fees. They are very rude when they speak to us always threating to take our house. They have even sent people to our house saying they where there to see when they was going to receive payment but when you go in the house they start taking pictures. And we was only a month late when they did that!!!
Complaint comments Comments (9)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Mortgage Companies

Comments

A  23rd of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
The FBI has established a Mortgage Fraud Task Force. If you feel you have evidence of fraud against 21st Mortgage Corporation please contact the nearest FBI office. An intake specialist will take your complaint. It is then forwarded to the investigatos with the Mortgage Fraud Task Force. From there, they review your complaint and determine if fraud or predatory lending occured and will iniate a case, if so. Even if your home has alraedy been foreclosed upon, it is not too late.

It is imperative that these crooks are stopped and we need to use all available means possible to put a stop to 21st Mortgage Corporations fraudulalant activity. We are not just helping ourselves, we are saving perspective homebuyers of the future from going through the same fraudulent lending violations and fraudulant foreclosures.
N  29th of Feb, 2012 by    0 Votes
I don't know who the manager is I've dealt with but her & the other lady are complete b. I have never dealt with a company like these people if your 1 day late they will blow your phone up it's ridiculous & what's bad my name ant even on the house its my boyfriends & they tell me I'm just as responsible for the notes as he is. They have asked me how much child support I get a month that's none of their business we was 18 days late making payment & I was told they was coming to get it. They even asked how much freaking tax money we was getting back. Well after the payment was made & the next months payment were ahead don't owe till April they still acted like ###s asking me if the home was vacant okkk what does that matter they got their money so why do they wanna know if anybody is staying in it @ the time. Last year @ this time we owed 18000 on a 1997 model which is a dump when we called few weeks ago to see how much we still owed its only came down 1000 bucks & we have paid 4300 in this past years time you tell me what the hell is really going on... Paid that much in a year & its only came down 1000 bucks lets get real here people this company is a complete ripoff & if everybody they doing this way would get together hopefully we could stop this mess!!! Were @ the point now soon as we can find something else we will either try to trade it in towards another one or just let it go back
A  21st of Jun, 2012 by    0 Votes
We also sent a payment to them that was late and it was short by 7.38 and they sent us a fed ex delivered paper saying they were going to repo for us being short on our payment. Now really that short on a payment and they are going to repo. If they would send me a letter in mail or leave me a message that I am short I would have gladly went that day and paid it, but instead they spent more on sending that darn package than my payment was short. Really need to look into this company. I haven't checked to see what our pay off is, I am about scared after reading all this information, but really need to now. Thanks for all the information.
N  21st of Jun, 2012 by    0 Votes
What is it that you don't understand about bills? They all have a date and an amount. If you're late, and short, then YOU'RE the problem, not them. If you want the calls to stop then pay your freakin bill..in FULL dopey!
N  13th of Aug, 2012 by    0 Votes
This letter sent to 21st Mortgage

To the inconsiderate folks at 21st Mortgage,
When I filled out the contract for this mortgage, 21st Mortgage also provided a form that asked when would be the best time to contact me. Because I work nights and sleep during the day, I put on that form that the best (and only) time to contact me was between the hours of 7am and 12pm. When 21st Mortgage started to make their first round of harassing calls, none of them were within these hours. In fact, I had an exceeding amount of phone messages from someone named Rob Clark. I can still pull up those messages and confirm that not one time was any calls placed within the requested time slot.

My reasons for telephone contact early in the morning, is that is the best time to contact me. Calling at 2pm or later is the same as if I were to call you at three o’clock in the morning! Ask --- at ARC how I deal with inconsiderate a------s that feel it is their right to disrupt my sleep for their convenience. Speaking of which, contacting anyone other than myself to discuss anything involving my mortgage or payments is illegal, and even if no specific information is conducted to that outside source, it is still not within their prevue to intercede on behalf of myself or 21st Mortgage for any reason.

I’ll make this clear. The use of the telephone to conduct business is a convenience. It is speedy, and can be used to access information quickly. However, it is also a source of inconvenience when used improperly. It is not a right, it is a privilege. Now I have someone there identified as Dustin Jones, who for some reason feels that it is his right and obligation to make harassing calls every day. Even if one or two of his calls were made in the requested time slot, I refuse to have any phone dealings with 21st Mortgage. You can thank Rob Clark for that.

Shortly after 21st Mortgage received my information, I found that I suddenly started to receive unwarranted solicitations both in the mail and via telephone. Many of the correspondences used my middle name, something I don’t use except for extreme legal issues, such as contacting the Federal Trade Commission, or when signing a mortgage that specifically asks for such information. I do not appreciate my information being disbursed in this manner. Furthermore, I do not appreciate that 21st Mortgage continues to address me in this manner when sending mail. This activity is to be stricken from any further correspondence.

If 21st Mortgage has any reason to contact me, they can do so by mail. My phone is my property, my right to privacy, and I can and will use it in any manner I chose to do so. 21st Mortgage has no right or claim to how I use my phone, nor can they threaten me to call them because they are unable to contact me by phone. From this point on, 21st Mortgage has lost their right to contact me via telephone, and it is in their best interests to remove that number from their records as they will never make contact with me in that method. If there are any concerns, someone there will write their questions and send it via mail, and not use the blanket “call us” letter they seem to use when they ignore their ill-mannered practices.
N  19th of Dec, 2013 by    -1 Votes
TThey bought my mortgage an it is the beginning of a nightmare !! IF YOU ARE A DAY LATE LOOK FOR YOUR PHONE TO START RINGING AT 8 am and end at 8:30. They call my house, my mother's house, my job and my sister's inlaws. An when you do answer the phone or return their call you CAN COUNT ON A LECTURER! I've been told to go to the food bank to cut down on expense. When I short on my payment it's get a loan, call friends and f amily or can you sell something. The latest one is I called to let them know I was short and wanted to send them600.00 of a 998.00 payment and send the balance the next week no. Call friends or family we must have thismoney this week due to the holiday season an I'll be out of the office for a loan 4 days. Maybe we could work with you next month. They are the worse company I have ever dealt with.My old mortgage company was awesome they worked with you through all your hardships or emergency that araised. It's almost to the point where I just about want them to just take the darn home. They have turnedmy dream of being a home owner into a emotional nightmare!!!
N  21st of Jan, 2014 by    0 Votes
Thank you for using the Better Business Bureau's Online Complaint System.
Your complaint has been assigned case # 8041398.

Filed on : January 21 2014

Filed against :
21st Mortgage Corporation
P. O. Box 477
Knoxville TN 37901

Complaint Description:
Harassment by repetitive daily calls, text messages, and multiple emails. The mortgage is only 20 days delinquent and are threatening foreclosure. I am the co-borrower for a mortgage through 21st Mortgage. On October 28, 2013 the borrower abandoned the property. I contacted Jill Branson on November 1, 2013 to discuss the borrower vacating property. After several days of calls, and emails I was able to obtain a copy of the mortgage. I requested my options to for selling the home. I was informed that being a co-borrower I am unable to sell without written consent from borrower. I attempted to contact the borrower from November 1, 2013 - January 21, 2014 by email, phone, and written letter. I received no reply to my requests. On January 10, 2014 Dan Milias from 21st Mortgage contacted me demanding payment for January. I explained the situation of having a buyer for the home and needed to sell. I was rudely informed that I am not able to sell due to borrows rights. I expressed concern of being "locked" into this mortgage with no way out. I asked if he has been contacting the borrow. He explained "NO", I am the financial responsible party and need to make my payment. I explained that I have been trying to contact the borrower to sell the home and need a written letter to release the sale of the home. He explained that this is not his problem and I need to make payments. I have sent several emails to Mr. Milias detailing the issue requesting assistance from 21st Mortgage to sell the home. The interested purchaser has now lost interested and Mr. Milias is calling my work, cell phone, test messaging, and emailing me at work demanding payment. I asked that being 21st Mortgage has contact with borrower, please get a letter to release the sale of the home. He refuses to do so and contacts me multiple times a day for payment. I have informed Mr. Milias that his harassment is unjustified being the loan is only 20 days late. He has now hit me with a $400+ in late fee charge. This mortgage is 3 years old and has never been late. I am now forced to use a 3rd party payment company that charge an outrageous fee for their service. 21st Mortgage will no longer take my credit cards, checks, wire transfers, or direct bank account withdrawals. The monthly payment has now almost doubled for just this month. This is outrageous and they are unwilling to work with me. I have been left with no other option but to seek legal representation.
N  15th of Dec, 2014 by    0 Votes
My mother died about 11 years ago. at the time of her death, her mobile home was financed through South Trust Bank. I received a letter from 21st saying that they have taken over her account. They added insurance and increased the payment. Everything is still in my mom's name. They want give me a receipt or tell me how much is owed on the home. They are very rude. They threatened to take the home if I don't make payment. They have called family members to get my number and even came to my home. They mailed my payment back in a check, demanding me to catch up before they can accept it. I got tired of this. I have moved out; however I feel that I lost so much. Even to this day, I still do not know how much I owe. If I can make the payments, why cant I get any information. I still receive letter in her name. How can a dead person respond to a letter? Sadly they are sending her a letter stating that the IRS need information from her. I have sent them the death certificate!!!
A  21st of Jun, 2016 by    0 Votes
This 21st Mortgage company needs to be sued for harassing people, lying, cant keep there story straight.. my husband has a mortgage with this messed up company every three months they call him 2 to 3 times a day saying they haven't received his payment, that's funny he is a month a head in payments this is June 2016 and July 2016 payment has already been made, we have their payment book and put money order in their envelope put a stamp on it, make sure corner of envelope has return address sticker on it, give it to the post man. we have done it for two years every month except in November of 2014. I made a payment on line cause already mailed Dec. payment and husband wanted to send DEC. 2014 and Jan. 2015 payment together, and from Feb. 7th2015 Till now every three months they constantly call saying they haven't received a payment for a couple months, and payments are being made on line, at first Husband would call me b****ing about me not mailing out payment, ( he is over the road truck driver ) and time after time I would have to prove that they cashed the money orders. and how can I cash money orders with there name on it and then pay them on-line. they ask where did you mail payment too um duh the address on payment book.. just so tired of their crap and our payment goes to Memphis TN and Knoxville are ones who keep calling. it like HELLO you don't get payment too..

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree