21st Mortgage

4.65
21st mortgage
Knoxville, Tennessee
21stmortgage.com
I went to a resale/repo/refurbished lot to buy a home. 2006 clayton bought in May 2008. All payments are ACH debited 2x/month (until now), so they haven't been late (of course, I haven't checked by credit report so who knows :) Anyway, upon getting the paperwork together (state of Missouri, i live in OKLA) we went in to sign the paperwork. I was told specifically, "Your house will be paid off in 8 years by opting the ACH debit plan rather than 15 years, with a monthly payment." I am fairly cautious (although home loans is/was brand new to me), so I had her repeat this info to reassure me a couple of times. Then, we started signing the paperwork. I get to the payment page, and there are two papers. One for monthly, one for bi-monthly (or biweekly, sorry that always confuses me). Anyway she had me sign both. When we got to the 2x month payment page, I did the math in my hea and said this reflects a 15year mortgage not an 8 year. She said (and yes, I quote this), "it would take too long to reorder the paperwork, have it sent, and reschedule you to come back. Everything will be reflected correctly at their end though, and your house will be paid off in 8 years." I (like an idiot) said okay and signed. Last thing, a few pages later there is a discreet page that says no verbal agreements are subject to blah blah blah null and void, and basically, really don't matter. So that conversation, to the law, as far as I know, never happened. ANYONE ELSE IN THE SAME PREDICAMENT?? Know of anything that can be done??
Complaint comments Comments (6) Complaint country United States Complaint category Mortgage Companies

Comments

N  23rd of Jun, 2009 by    -1 Votes
It is the policy of 21st mortgage to only address customer complaints in a confidential discussion with our customer. To appropriately respond to a complaint may require releasing confidential information, which is strictly forbidden under federal privacy regulations. We will attempt to contact the referenced customer to resolve this complaint.
N  12th of Dec, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Oh just wait they will try and do worse they can't be trusted at least you have a contract I don't even have that...Good luck with this company you are going to need it...
N  12th of Dec, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Oh yea get yourself a LAWYER THAT'S THE ONLY WAY TO DEAL WITH THESE CROOKS...
A  23rd of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
The FBI has established a Mortgage Fraud Task Force. If you feel you have evidence of fraud against 21st Mortgage Corporation please contact the nearest FBI office. An intake specialist will take your complaint. It is then forwarded to the investigatos with the Mortgage Fraud Task Force. From there, they review your complaint and determine if fraud or predatory lending occured and will iniate a case, if so. Even if your home has alraedy been foreclosed upon, it is not too late.

It is imperative that these crooks are stopped and we need to use all available means possible to put a stop to 21st Mortgage Corporations fraudulalant activity. We are not just helping ourselves, we are saving perspective homebuyers of the future from going through the same fraudulent lending violations and fraudulant foreclosures.
N  4th of Oct, 2010 by    +1 Votes
When I asked the escrow person and the Realtor, if $158k in interest is legal on a $130k house, they said, just pay it off as quick as you can in double payments. Well, that works out to about $2, 200 a month. Can't do that on Unemployment.
We've been scammed brother.. These people are the DREGS. The "REALTOR" is not EVEN A REALTOR> she's a MOBILE HOME DEALER and they follow different rules. Same deal with CLAYTON HOMES et. al.

This "BUSINESS" is the BIGGEST SCAM next to HEDGE FUNDS and 401k's...

Go to a bankruptcy attorney and file a chapter 13 if you are working. PROTECT YOURSELF>

I'm sick of THE AMERICAN PEOPLE being taken a for ride by these [censor]. AND, anyone that tells you different, is a CORPORATE SHILL.

PROTECT YOURSELF LIKE THEY DO.
N  12th of Feb, 2011 by    +1 Votes
Victims of 21st Mortgage, PLEASE read this post to the end. I know this is lengthy, but it may hold some answers for you or a loved one.

My comment is for Silverado99. I've been watching you closely for quite some time now. The problem I have with you is that you never seem to deviate from your response to any and all complaints against 21st Mortgage Corporation. We can all see that you have your copy and paste experience down to a science. To date, you have exhibited your talent with the same response at least 21 times on this particular complaint board, all of which say the same thing. As a matter of fact, having done some research, I found that your response is the same on other complaint boards as well. For example, /link removed/ What I would like to know is ... who the heck are you, and since when has 'your' corporation decided to start following federal privacy regulations? Come on now! Don't pee on me and tell me it's raining! 21st Mortgage Corporation's idea of 'resolving a complaint' is a joke at the very least. I can't believe you even have the audacity to post a response like that to the people you crap all over on a daily basis. Tell me silverado, are you seriously going to continue to defend this mortgage company, despite the fact that you are fully aware that your blowing wind up our butts? Or maybe your a victim of this company who is being forced to feed us this crap in order to keep a roof over YOUR head. If that is indeed the case, please do tell and redeem yourself here and now. In either case, you should be ashamed of yourself for trying to feed us this crappy paragraph over and over again. Maybe if you copy and paste it enough, you'll actually start believing it. Now that's a scary though, isn't it? You and this company of yours make me sick. Hence the nickname I have chosen to use on this complaint board... silverado99_sickens_me_to_death! Now, having said all that, let me share MY experience with 21st Mortgage Corporation for all who care to read it.

Over the last 10 years, our mortgage has been sold to 3 different company's. 21st being the latest. It's been about a year and a half now, and a nightmare from day one. In this company's mind, there is no such thing as a grace period. Although it is suppose to be 20 days, if our payment was not in their hands by the 1st of the month, the calls would start. First the home phone, then the cell phones. My husband explained that we did not need their 'reminder' calls, and kindly asked them to stop. Well, that went in one ear and out the other. We finally stopped answering their calls all together, at which point they would start calling us private, blocked, and using all the numbers they had at their availability. Now mind you, we were NEVER 'late' on our payments. They were always made before the grace period. So basically, it was just a matter of harassment. Almost as if they enjoyed making our lives miserable. The calls would start at approx. 7 am and continue throughout the day until 10 pm. Now, here is the kicker. This past month, we got a certified notice in the mail from 21st, stating that our payment was short by $70. We placed a call with our financial institution and found that there had been an error on their part, and the immediately rectified the problem. By that time, the damage had already been done and 21st pulled out every naughty in the book! My husband told the woman at 21st that a check would be sent out that day. Well, needless to say, that wasn’t good enough. She told him that they would not accept that check unless it was accompanied with the telephone numbers and addresses of at least 3 different family members, in addition to at least 2 phone numbers and addresses to our nearest neighbors AND our employer's phone numbers and addresses! She proceeded to tell us that if they did not get all of this information along with the payment, they would start foreclosure on our home. My husband chuckled and threw in a few choice words and hung up on her. We sent them their check, certified, which they accepted and promptly cashed. Needless to say, they did NOT get any phone numbers or addresses from us, and to boot, we had our home phone disconnected, and put a block on our cell phones for all the numbers 21st has ever used to contact us. Jokes on you 21st!

Victims of 21st Mortgage Company, PLEASE do your homework! Write a complaint to the BBB. Do some research. Report them to the Federal Trade Commission. Call your local AG's Office as well as calling AG's Office in Tennessee. FIGHT BACK! If we all pitch in and do our share, we can bring this company down to it's knees! Check out the following websites.
/link removed/