21st Mortgage / customer service

Jonesboro LA, United States Review updated:

I have a home loan with this company. This past month I was laid off of my job suddenly due to contracting issues (state employee). We have done our best to budget but it has been a problem of course. We have been able to work with other companies and get extensions as necessary and be treated respectfully. With 21st we have been able to work out a plan for me to pay on a certain day with a $50 fee. Although I think to fee is extreme I do not dispute it, but I do have a problem with the service received.

I was contacted by our loan manager, Sam, and was interrogated on why we cannot make a payment immediately even though I had explained our situation multiple times. I also explained that I would be starting work soon and will be receiving money to catch up within 2 weeks. I then talked to his supervisor, Rachel. I asked to have a private conversation and that Sam would not be listening in. She laughed and said 'He will be aware of anything we talk about'. I let her know I understood but would prefer he would not be on the phone. She was very rude from this point on. I let her know I did not appreciate how she was handling the situation and I would appreciate her understanding. She was still very nasty for the remainder of the call. We worked a payment plan out and I asked if she has a supervisor I could speak with. She explained that it would not help and the payment was set. I let her know I accept the payment but would like to speak with her supervisor. She then put me on hold before answering me. I was on hold for 10+min before speaking with someone else. I was pretty upset by this point and tried explaining the rudeness and the unprofessional attitude of her employees that I have been experiencing. She let me know she has been working with both of these people for a while and there is nothing she can do. She then went to explain that they are not in the business of "customer care and only collections".

In my opinion if you work with people you should take care for what you say and have respect for people. I do not think it is OK to treat people with such rudeness. As stated before I do not wish to change anything with my payment or its arrangement but would like my experience with these very rude people to be known.

Ro
Jan 26, 2015

Comments

• Do
      8th of Mar, 2017

I want to know why it takes so long to post my payment each month /// I sent my March paymt on Feb 21st and it still has not cleared why ?????
    Ck # 1639 for $1300 /// I need to know ASAP /// Loan number 0341095 // Donna Lambe