21st Century Legal Services / phony remodification loan

1 Bellevue, OH, United States Review updated:

I was contacted by phone for remodification loan. I was asked for three checks and told I would not have to make my monthly mortgage payment. After researching this I did not give any money.

Comments

• Vi
      17th of Jun, 2009
    21st Century Legal Services - Unauthorized charges
    21st Century Legal Services
    21stcenturyremod.com

I was contacted by 21st Century Legal Services promising me to negotiate with my bank on lowering my monthly payments based on the new government law. They asked me to stop paying my mortgage payments for three months and instead to pay them, total $2200. I paid them the money then my bank informed me that they refuse to deal with this company because of its reputation. So, the bank did not even want to talk to them. I asked for my refund and they refused.

9th of Jul, 2009

I was just contacted by 21st legal services to give them three checks for $834.67 for a total of three months and they will get my loan lowered to 4% on each loan. I told them I just filed bankruptcy in order to keep my home Latoya said it didn't matter they would still work with me. Mr. Martinez said they will send a mobile notary I know this can't be real. I know their is no relief in site so I will stick to my bankruptcy, these people said they are going to audit the mortgage company an give them 20 days to respone an if they don't my home would be free, and if tehy did I would get a loan modification at 4% sounds great but who can you trust no body but God. 21st legal services is a scam.

• Mr
      15th of Jul, 2009

To use God's grace in this instance is uncalled for. These foreclosure prevention measures are in place, like it or not, Because of George W. Bush and Barack Hussein Obama. Unfortunately they rely on a consumer's common sense to be applied effectively. For a homeowner to come to the conclusion that we were a "scam" and have the audacity to post such nonsense is inexcusable. Actually, it is closer to slander because you have posted your opinion in a public forum without any independent knowledge. Poor judgment explains your current financial circumstance.

• So
      20th of Jul, 2009

Mr. Martinez,

I just spoke with you guys as well and I must agree you have some shady business practices. Why in the world would you require somebody in financial trouble to pay you money up front to get their home loan modified? You want money up front, do not issue refunds, and work under the premise that banks WILL give you your demands. While your hearts may be in the right place, I agree with Grace, I believe you are running a scam.

PS Why do you keep calling me when I keep telling you to stop. Also, why do you always call from OUT OF AREA numbers. Legitimate businesses don't block their phone numbers.

Thank you Grace for posting here. I otherwise may have been inclined to send them money because a 2.75% Fixed rate sounds good right now.

• Jp
      22nd of Jul, 2009

I agree, this place is a scam. Real banks don't call after 5 p.m. Also, the person on the phone claimed he was from my bank, working with my bank to lower mortgage, then proceeded to ask me all of the information on my mortgage including who they were through. When I continually asked what this was through and how they could lower my mortgage when I already have low interest rates he claimed it was through some mortgage modification act through Obama. I have an excellent home mortgage rate and earn a high income so I don't qualify for any government sponsored plans. When I told him that he continually told me it didn't matter because I needed the money and they could help me get my mortgage adjusted to 3-4%, that they charge no closing costs or title fees, so he made it sound free. When I continued to be skeptical he would dodge my questions and just tell me that they will send me a packet with information to review, he would not give me specifics of what this socalled bill is and how it would specifically apply to me. This is a definite scam. Also, who calls from a number and blocks it? It comes up as out of area? Only telemarketers do that, not legitimate agencies working with the Federal Government as they claim to be doing.

• Dj
      31st of Jul, 2009

we fell for this SCAM, but lucky enough for us they didn't get the chance to cash any of the 4 post dated checks they asked from us. My father in law was suspicious when they told him his house payments would drop to 152.00 a month He went to the police and an officer looked them upand told us to stop payment on the checks I also reported this to our counties housing authority and other agentcies to let other people know. My husband called the notary they sent to our home and she claimed she didn't know squat about this company, so he called the company and no one was able to answer any of his questions, they did call us and left a message that they were going to deposit our checks well they are gonna get a surprise because they won't be getting any money from our account to build up theirs

• Ho
      8th of Sep, 2009

we fell for this scam they have took 2222.00 of my money and won't return my phone calls

• Re
      23rd of Sep, 2009

people i have good news!!! 21st century aka fedility aka east coast was closed down today by the FBI!! Oct 23, 2009!!! I felt so guilty working for this company but i needed the money!! i hope people understand but i would get a chance to tell some people the truth about this horrible scam company!!

• Bj
      1st of Oct, 2009

I also got scammed by these people, i sent them $2400.00 in three checks and now they won't return my phone calls either. Now my house is up for forelosure so i guess i will have to file bankruptcy because i can't come up with the money. Please do not fall for this scam it very convincing.

• Mi
      10th of Oct, 2009
    21st Century Legal Services - Ripped me off for over $3600.00!
    21st Century Legal Services
    Los Angeles
    California

I signed a contract with 21st Century Legal Services for $3, 670.00 payable over 3 months on January 31, 2009 and a supposed notary came to my home to pick up documents and to have me sign what proported to be a contract with 21st Century Legal Services to obtain a mortgage modification on my behalf. She was diligent in collecting my three checks and the signed contract (which was really just a copy of the proposal that they had sent to me in order to "hook" me in the first place), however, she did not have any notary equiptment with her, she did not ask to look at my identification, nor did she even seem to care if my name on the documents that I was sumitting matched the name on the contract that she should have been notarizing! This company picked up my signed contract and supporting documentation on January 31st and I am still being told that my modification is being reviewed by the banks. In the meantime, I have started a modification on my own and the bank has been working very closely with me, asking for additional and clarifying documentation and 21st Century has asked nothing of me in all of this time! They are a scam, I willl be taking them to Small Claimes Court, I just would like to know if anybody else has taken this route and wha thir experience has been, and also if anybody knows the names of the officers of the corporation? I would appreciate any help that I can get to at least gat a little bit in the way of punitive damages from the court!

Thank you so much, everybody for reading my story..
    Michael Sausser
    msausser@dc.rr.com

• Jv
      31st of Dec, 2009

How do I get my 6, 000.00 dollars I paid these guys back and file a lawsuit here in California

• Re
      12th of Feb, 2010

I worked for this scam of a business and absolutely everything about it was not right. I left soon before they got shut down if anyone needs any information on anything im more than willing to help with what I can.

• La
      13th of Oct, 2012

I loaned my daughter $4000.00 on 3/16/07, she repaid me $50.00 on 2/4/12 and because of a family dispute now refuses to pay me the balance. I have a copy of the check marked LOAN. I am almost 80 years old and was saving this money for my old age . . which is now! Can I or should I take her to Small Claimes Court? If so I need help.