21st Century Foam / Made a mess out of spraying foam insulation in my building...

21st Century Foam was to spray foam insulation in our 46'x54' building. They arrived 3 1/2 hours late on Saturday, and therefore could not spray the foam because the temperature had dropped too low. They came back on Sunday to do the job. We once again stressed the importance of taping off/tarping all surfaces, including the concrete floors, as we were staining them. We were told not to worry, everything would be covered. On Sunday afternoon, much to our surprise, we were told they could not insulate two of the beams (large metal beams) because it was still too cold. But he said he would be in the area the following week and he would come back. And there was foam overspray EVERYWHERE! They even managed to get it on the exterior of the doors! They even got it on a sink and a hand dryer in the restrooms! They did not tarp or cover anything! It was a mess! And this stuff leaves a residue when you clean it off, so you cannot pain or stain it--it WILL leave a mark. It must be cleaned with a special cleaner. So we contacted our salesperson (Shawn), and sent pictures. He said he would take care of it. However, a week later--nothing. So we called him again. He said, "I'm just a lowly salesman, and there's nothing I can do." I asked him if I could call the corporate office myself, and he said, "You can try, I guess." My husband contacted Eleanor at the corporate office, who began promising to get someone out "right away next week." We've now heard that for three weeks in a row, both by e-mail and on the phone. So...we're left with about $747.00 of damage, cleanup, and missing insulation...

Re

More 21st Century Foam Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Wh
      5th of Jul, 2010

21st Century Foam done my house and i was very satisfied. I saved a lot of money going with them other than all the other big corporations. Its a family owned business and mostly ran by only one person. Could you imagine running a business all by your self ? Although they too were a hour late to show up they did their job in less time than they had originally estimated. So although you make your complaint of around $800.00 if you think about their prices you know that you have saved at least that. Maybe you should do a little research and think about your complaint a little more before you say anything else.

5th of Jul, 2010

You're right, they should have been on time and they should have covered everything with something. But, you should have done your research before hiring them in the first place. Lesson learned.