203-797-3222 / Annoying phone calls!

1 AR, United States Review updated:
Phone: 203-797-3222

[protected], I receive calls from this phone number several times a day at all hours of the day, they never leave a message and if I do answer I do not receive a response. This is extremely annoying, can I block this number from calling... Advise smb plz!

Comments

Ch
  19th of Jul, 2007
203-797-3222 - Unknown caller

I am receiving calls all hours of the day from an unknown caller 203-797-3222. This is becoming very annoying.

28th of Sep, 2007

The number is for Scholastic books. It originates from the telemarketing department.

-CH

Gr
  4th of Oct, 2007

IT IS SCHOLASTIC BOOKS. I GET CALLS 2 TO 3 TIMES A DAY FOR THE PAST MONTH.... NO ONE ON THE OTHER END....... VERY FRUSTRATED.

Gi
  8th of Nov, 2007

I get several phone calls from this number and never a message. This has been going on for the past several weeks.

An
  15th of Nov, 2007

I have been getting calls from Scolatic for months now, I have cancelled my account with hem and they still will not quite calling, they want to sell me more books! What a mistake I made ordering from them!!!

Id
  20th of Nov, 2007

They call me and ask me by last name I told them they have the wrong name and they say okay and then they hang up!!!

Ad
  14th of Dec, 2007

Totally Agreee... I too got calls from 402-661-2888 and the caller ID says 'ADAPT MARKETING'. I called them back and they have a website "www.dealpass.com". I got 5 calls continuously and when i pick, no one talks. Surprisingly, they know my cell number too. they also called my cell 6 times. They are just trying to annoy me. This is ridiculous.

I have Registered in do not call registry and this should take care of it.

18th of Dec, 2007

I hate them calling they need to leave me alone its so anyoing i never want to subscribe from this company again. How can i discontinue this please let me know.

Ji
  7th of Jan, 2008

For months now they call 2-3 times a day at all hours. How do I get them to stop??? Does anyone know?

Va
  9th of Jan, 2008

Yes, I have gotten calls from 203-797-3222. I finally picked it up and no one answered. I then proptly called the number and dialed 0 for the operator and told them to take my number off their list. Hopefully that takes care of it!

Ke
  15th of Jan, 2008

I have just recently been receiving phone calls from this number 203-797-3222 and if I answer no one says anything. If I just leave it be they call me back a couple of more times.

What do they need?

Ka
  24th of Jan, 2008

Ugh! These people calling me non stop M-F at all hours. The name that comes up is Scholastic Inc. Someone will be getting an ear full when I get a hold of this place. It's ridiculous!

Ma
  24th of Jan, 2008

It's annoying the cr*p out of me too. It's continuous calling. I've yet to answer the phone, but when I did a search on the number I found this page. If it's Scholastic, that makes sense because I've ordered stuff from there but am not a member anymore. But that doesn't give them a right to call constantly.

Sa
  21st of May, 2008

I got the calls to stop! They were calling twice a day. I tried calling the number, which turned out to be for Scholastic, and asked to be taken off their list, but the calls kept coming. So I went to the Better Business Bureau website (https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/GetStarted.aspx) and filed a complaint. Within a few days Scholastic sent a letter saying "Now that we have received your company specific Do Not Call request. we have removed your phone number from solicitation lists as requested. You should no longer receive any telephone calls from Scholastic. This request will take approximately one week to process." I was getting 2 calls a day, and since the date of the letter they haven't called once. Success!

Xy
  21st of May, 2008

Does Scholastic share its customer data with other direct mail companies?

Answer
We consider the following, among other things, to be personally identifiable information: first and last name, e-mail address, street address and phone number.

We (and/or our agents or affiliates) may collect online and use personally identifiable information from our adult visitors: (1) to process and fulfill orders for products or services (such as our magazines); (2) in connection with contests, sweepstakes, games, surveys, forums, subscription registrations, content submissions, classroom activities, our requests for suggestions and visitors' requests for information; and (3) to customize the content on our site for our visitors' current and future needs. In addition, this personally identifiable information may be used to provide our visitors, via e-mail or other means, information about materials and activities that may be of interest to them, including products or services of third parties. For these reasons, we may share such information with third parties.

If you are an individual who has provided us with your personal information online or offline and you do not want us to share your information with third parties, or if there is a media notification that you no longer wish to receive from us, please let us know by sending us your name, address, e-mail and phone number at:

Opt-Out Request

Scholastic Inc.

557 Broadway — Room 4010

New York, NY 10012

or by emailing us your name, address, email and phone number at custserv@scholastic.com .

If you are writing to request that you no longer receive a particular media notification from us, please include the name of the media notification. In addition, in every e-mail that we send, we provide a link that you can click on to enable you to opt out of receiving future e-mails from the sender.

Em
  19th of Jul, 2008

203-797-3222 calls almost everyday, several times a day, at all times of the day and night. Never leaves a message and no one is there when you answer. How do you stop this? It's extremely bothersome and worst of all there seems to be no end in sight! Anyone have suggestions on how to stop this?