2011 Honda Odysseyhandsfree link doesn't work with iphone

BUYERS BEWARE! I leased a 2011 Honda odyssey in April of this year. Brand new. The handsfree link (Bluetooth for your phone thru vehicle's sound system), I discovered after less than 24 hours, is incompatible with my iPhone 4. This was not disclosed to me at the time of sale. Honda claims that they have the incompatibility disclosed on their website but I couldn't find it (even when I was specifically looking after the fact!). They have a spreadsheet that states that all the iPhones (3, 3GS, and 4, both w verizon and AT&T) are incompatible with honda's handsfree link in some way or another, so clearly they were aware of the problem. The sad thing is they don't have a fix for it. Also, the Bluetooth audio is incompatible! How is it that Honda is selling all of these technological features in their cars that don't work! And w apple products! I suggest honda take care of this issue or they will lose all apple customers BC apple customers like me, love their iPhones more than they love their hondas! Honda has certainly lost my family as a customer!

Me

Comments

• Ca
      Jul 04, 2011

Hey soccer mom, did you ASK if it was compatable? Did he not give you the answer or lie to you? Everything you asked and everything he told you must have been ok when you bought the car. If it was that important, why didnt you ask, instead of think it was mandatory. Like the other commenter said, you can get your own blue tooth that works independent of the car. Some people will not avoid buying a car they love because of something, like a bluetooth, if they have another option.

• Ca
      Jul 04, 2011

Hell, Sprint will lose me as a customer because i cannot use the IPhone with its service. Oh, wait, that was Apple's decision. Did you ever think that it might be an issue on IPhones side, not Honda?

• Ro
      Jul 07, 2011

Funny! I have a 2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite and both my wife and I have the Apple 3gs I-Phone and they both work perfectly in Bluetooth mode. I wonder what "incompatibility" Honda states exists with the 3GS I-Phone. We love the vehicle and have had nothing but Hondas since 1982.
    We owned a 1999 and 2005 Honda Odyssey and this one is, by far, the best ever.

Dec 13, 2011

I have a 2011 Honda Touring Elite. My wife has an original iPhone and I have an iPhone 3GS. Neither phone will stay connected via Bluetooth when making phone calls. Both phones ARE Bluetooth compliant, ie they comply with industry standards for Bluetooth hands free devices. Both phones work very well with toyota's hands free technology as well as Motorola's Bluetooth earpieces.

CAVEAT EMPTOR! (Buyer Beware!) - Honda is fraudulently marketing their cars as beings Bluetooth compliant when their cars do not comply with Bluetooth industry standards.

• Ke
      Jul 07, 2012

Honda Odyssey hands free blue tooth does not work with Iphone 4s and Honda knows it but lies about it. I have had similar problem like so many other Honda odyssey owners. I have been wondering and complaining why my Honda odyssey 2011 does not stay connected with my Iphone 4s. Now after so many months,

I finally know.The metro Honda dealer did not tell me the truth and today after 7000 miles their service department claims all is just fine with their hands free blue tooth as far as they are concerned!!! That means they re not concerned that the blue tooth is not functional with my Iphone 4s!!

Does Honda aught to do something about it? I would say yes, the first thing they aught to do is to tell the truth to their customers. After I purchased the car the sales person basically said, too late to be upset just deal with it. Then the Honda service said, it is the fault of your Iphone4s. The Apple people gave me a new phone and the problem is there and I have an expensive brand new Honda odyssey and no hands free blue tooth

• St
      May 05, 2017

We are experiencing the same problems and are still looking for a "fix". Love the car, but this is a pain.