2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited / door lock issues

Montgomery, AL, United States Review updated:

I have a 2010 Santa Fe Limited. When placing the car in park, all doors are programmed to unlock. The problem is that the rear doors (mostly the right rear passenger door) will not open. The child safety lock is NOT engaged. This occurs at least three out of five times the car is driven. Even after pressing the power lock button, the door will not open. I can't even manually unlock the door. Someone frequently has to get out of the car and open the door from the outside. The problem I have is that it has been to the dealership on two occasions and the service technician has not been able to recreate the problem. This is a major safety issue! In the event of an accident, my 14 year old daughter would not be able to get out of the car. I have never sued someone in my life, but if this door lock problem were to cause added injury to anyone in my family, a landmark case would be filed. This problem not being repaired is highly unacceptable and my time wasted thus far attempting to get resolution has been excessive.

Comments

Oct 21, 2015

I too have a 2010 Santa Fe that has recently be exhibiting the same problem on the driver side rear door. This care has less than 100k on it and stuff like this shouldn't happen on a quality vehicle.

Sep 02, 2017

I have had the same problem with door locks my 2010. Was there a recall on this? [protected]@aol.com

Sep 02, 2017

@joseph schidecker None that I know of.