201-266-0965 / Unlisted phone number

The number call me 11 times in one day, never left a message. When I called the number, it was continually busy. The following day when they called I answered. Apparently its a marketing firm for student loan consolidation. They got my number from the credit bureau. The person with whom I conversed spoke very poor English in an Asian accent. I expressed my displeasure and confirmed for them that they were not to call me again.

Gm

Comments

2nd of Feb, 2007

This number keeps calling me!~ ahh

2nd of Feb, 2007

This number has called me several times a day for the past week. I tried calling back and I just got a busy signal. VERY WEIRD!

• Al
      2nd of Feb, 2007

They have called me 9 times within the past 15 hours.

• Pi
      2nd of Feb, 2007

I have about 15 phone calls from them today... i haven't been around to pick it up... does anyone know what it is.... its a landline because i tried texting a number... Does everyone on this forum live in nj?

2nd of Feb, 2007

This phone # called me every hour on the hour today. I called back, and twice someone answered and hung up on me. Finally, I answered when they called and some guy with an accent asked me about my college bills. I have none, but I did recently graduate, so I said "I have no college bills," and he hung up on me. Then this number called back 4 more times! I don't know what this is all about!

2nd of Feb, 2007

I have been getting calls also. It is from Rochelle Park, NJ. I paid US Search.com and they are running a search now. I will contact the phone company for that area of New Jersey on Monday. Does anybody know what company that is?

2nd of Feb, 2007

Is everyone here in college or recently graduated? I am in college now.

3rd of Feb, 2007

They called me 3 times within 12 hours. The name of the company is "Scholastic..." something. I didn't make out the rest of it. I politely requested to be removed from their list, and they complied. The phone calls have since stopped.

6th of Feb, 2007

13 calls in 24 hours. If I answer the phone, they hang up. Can't get them to stop calling!

6th of Feb, 2007

And, yes, I'm in college as well. I also recently had my identity stolen.

• Ca
      9th of Feb, 2007

I have been receiving a lot of calls from this number lately, as well. They call at night and during the day too. How can we stop this?

• He
      9th of Feb, 2007

I've been getting calls for the past 3 weeks- sometimes as late at 9:10pm. They just called and I answered and it was a student loan consolidation co: Scholastic Funding Group. I said I wasn't interested. Hope this helps.

• Am
      9th of Feb, 2007

I have received 7 phone calls from this number within the last day and a half. DAY AND A HALF. I also am in college...

• Li
      9th of Feb, 2007

I have been getting calls from them every 15 minutes or so and there is no one there. In the last few weeks, they have called several times about my college loan/debt, and I dont have college debt. It is definitely some type of phishing scam but I dont know how to get them to stop calling. Is this something that we should be worried about in terms of them having our identities/information?

• St
      9th of Feb, 2007

Add me to the list of people who have received probably hundreds of calls from this number in the past week. I received a call at 8 AM the other morning from a foreign woman asking about my college debt and i asked to be taken off their list.. no luck, as i receive calls about every 2 hours almost a week later.

• St
      9th of Feb, 2007

I looked up scholastic funding group and called 1-866-362-5659, asking to be removed from the list, and i reported this number for calling me nonstop. He had my name on file... no idea how they got this stuff... and supposedly i have been taken off the list. we'll see

• Ka
      9th of Feb, 2007

Call Scholastic Funding Group at 1-866-362-5659. Ask whoever answers the phone to take your name and number off of the call list. Then ask for the manager of whoever you are speaking with. GET THE MANAGERS FULL NAME. Tell the manager to take your name and number off of the call list.

The manager that I spoke with said that it would take a while for my name and number to be taken off the call list. So, every time I get another call from the Scholastic Funding Group, I will call 1-866-362-5659 and ask for that same manager. I'm going to leave messages for that same manager and call that same manager until I finally do get taken off of this call list.

• Er
      13th of Feb, 2007

I have also been getting calls from this number and I am in college. They actually left a voice mail the other day that was full of static and nobody was talking except for people in the background. I tried calling back but I also get the busy signal or an unavailable message. They always call when I am in class so I can't even answer it.

• D
      14th of Feb, 2007

This jerko keeps calling me too. It's really annoying. Sometimes up to 5 times in a row.

• Bi
      15th of Feb, 2007

They are making more progress on a different forum. We have discovered Kaplan is at fault...I am considering a class-action lawsuit, though we don't have much to go with...