2008 Land Rover 90 Station Wagon / FRAUD

1 Suite 51 Unit 4 Old Down Business ParkEmborough Radstock, England, West Midlands, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: unknown

I received documents in the mail enclosed in an envelope marked IPD. Within these documents (4 in total) I was identified as an individual who had been assigned property of a 2008 Land Rover Station Wagon. I was also given a claim number and told that if I did not want the vehicle I could take it's market cash value of $42, 560 USD. Immediately I browsed the documents and quickly found what I was looking for: a disposition verification in which I was requested to pay $20.00 assignment fee. Having watched the Scams and Frauds program from the UK I knew right away this was not something on the up and up. No one pays for a prize unless they are purchasing a lottery ticket or raffle ticket on something they have themselves sought. In addition, when I called the company that deals with Land Rover's closest to me...I was told that they had never heard of any such contest or prize promotion.

My notion is that these scammers have somehow downloaded my info off the internet when I have been surfing the web. I do have a scanner and security program that watches for this but as soon as new software is created there are those who find ways to beat it. I automatically always check fraud on the internet. Just by putting in the least bit of information I came up with loads of sites where other victims have fallen for this scam. BE WISE!! If it's too good to be true...it usually is not true!!

I would suggest contacting the police and advising them that this scam has reached your area and they will advise in a local bulletin of sorts to watch out for these leaches. Secondly pass the info around by word of mouth...at work, socializing, church...wherever there are people who will listen. Stop these nasties in there tracks. Good Luck!!

Comments

• Mi
      31st of Jul, 2008

Ye I got the same stupid scam for the 2008 Land Rover Defender 90 station wagon. I 've gotten so many stupid letters saying that i've won $50, 000, $30, 000, and $15, 000 and they all want me to send them $20.00 fees. I wish they would [censored] off and quit sending this junk. If you got the same DO NOT DO IT, it's a bunch of BULL S**t. Their the one's your going to make rich.

13th of Nov, 2008

Ye I got the same via registered post intimating as the winner for the 2008 Land Rover Defender 90 station wagon signed by R.D. Rosenbobm Director in Chief along with the Affidavit of Property Disposition with no: 101506 or cash price of Rs 18, 36, 570.47 . Hence I need to know is fraud or not valid as the winning prize has not been not yet to be received .Further Rs 100 was also released as the document is despathed by post not by mail.
    Please clarify the matter.
    thankig you