2007 Dodge Calibur / Problem with galt chrysler dealership

Jul 17, 2015
Galt Chrysler Dodge dealership
Phone: 519-650-2440
We took our 2007 Dodge Caliber into the Galt Chrysler Dodge dealership as requested on Saturday July 11, 2015 to have the slave cylinder looked at and bled, because the line seemed to have an air pocket in it, and the clutch was not releasing properly. We asked them to call us back with the amount it was going to cost, before doing anything to the car. On Monday July 13/15, my husband spoke with Dave the service technician, with regards to the issue and the cost and told him to just replace the slave cylinder, nothing else. On Wed July 15/15 both my husband and son made separate calls to Galt Chrysler and also went to the Dealership to find out what was going on and Why nothing had been done to the car up to this date. They were told that the clutch needed to be replaced, because it had fluid on it and it would take until Friday July 17/15 to be done. The slave cylinder nor the master cylinder were not leaking prior to this issue. The car had been running fine until my husband tried to bleed the slave cylinder as shown on a website for Dodge Calibers. My husband is a class A Mechanic by trade. There was several other people with the same issue about the slave cylinder in the Dodge Calibers. We think this should have been a recall issue, as it is a Safety issue, not being able to shift a Manual car properly when driving down a busy roadway. My husband and I both made calls Friday morning to the dealership to inquire when the car would be ready to go. We finally talked to the Manager Stephan and were told it would not be ready until Friday evening. We were not offered the use of another car to use for the now 1 whole week that they have had my car and my son who works in Guelph was using my car to get back and forth to work had to rent a car @ 350.00 per week so he wouldn't miss any more work. He already had to take the Friday that this issue started happening off. I also had to miss 2 days of work and I had to take cabs from work to home as well as other places had to go to. I had Doctor appointments during the week. I feel I should be reimbursed for the rental car as well as the cab rides that I had to pay for at the very least. I would also like to say that the customer service in the Service Dept of Galt Chrysler in Cambridge is one of the worst I have experienced in all the many years I have been driving Chrysler products since 1966