2002 Toyata Rav4 / service

7150 E. 22nd st. Tucson, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 520-296-8535
my car- 2002 Rav4, vin # JTEGH2OV52005571. I took this vehicle to Desert Toyota in Tucson, Az on 6/27/08 for a specific problem of harsh shifting. I didn't have the TSB # TC002-06 at that time. The computer diagnostic came out with a code of P0755, the same code as the above referenced TSB. I was told there were no recalls, etc for my vehicle. And that it would cost me thousands of dollars to fix that problem- was perfectly O.K. to keep on driving the vehicle that way.
11/27/08- went back to dealership- problem is worse- I had gotten the referenced TSB. I wanted to know why they didn't fix my vehicle on 6/27/08, under the warranty as described. They offered no explanation. NONE. And I very well could have spent thousands of dollars for this covered repair. I did ask for and received the cost of the computer dignostic fee back. And, I was told to take my business elsewhere. Please keep in mind- I was not confronting anyone at the dealership, i acted politely and in control.
My questions; How can that dealership do that? What sort of ramifications can they expect from Toyota, if any?

Comments

Ga
  13th of Jan, 2010
I experienced the same problems, I changed out Shift A & B solenoids as recommended, but problem stilled existed, replace Computer and problem resolved itself, "Oh What a Feeling TOYOTA" $2800.00 dollars later.
Sm
  7th of Mar, 2011
I recently purchased a 2002 RAV4 with 111, 000 miles only to find out about this problem with the ECM causing abrupt shifting. I downloaded all existing TSB's from NHTSA website and took to the local Dealer. They claim the vehicle was reprogrammed last October, 4 months before I purchased it, but it is still harsh shifting. They are charging $90?? for computer scan (funny how Autozone does this without charge) that ill be credited toward any repairs needed. I'm awaiting the worst given everything I have read regarding others experience with this problem. Shame Toyota hasn't learned a darn thing about living up to the expectations they advertise.

S. Meadows