2002 Ford Explorer / rear blend door motor

5675 Peachtree Industrial Blvd., Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (770)621-0200

On 5/31/2010, I had the rear blend door motor replaced, due to, it was making a clicking noise. Malcolm - cunningham charged me $623.97 parts and labor for this service. It did fix the problem at that time. On around 11/15/2010, I started to hear the same clicking sound, I had heard before. I called malcolm - cunningham, at that time, and was told to bring back my explorer, and they would look at it. Unfortunatly, I was not able to bring my vehicle in until today, 01/17/2011. They looked at my explorer, and, told me that it was the same problem that I had had before. The rear blend door motor is the problem. The service adviser told me that I had driven over 13, 000 miles since it was first repaired, and that, it was no longer under warrenty. He told me he would give me a discount on parts and labor. He said they could fix it for, around, $450.00. I declined. I think that the work that I had done originally, was not of good quality. The original blend door motor, lasted for 8 years, and, the replacement motor lasted for 7 months. Something is not right with this. I have been a loyal ford customer for the last 20 years. But, if this is the way I am to be treated, when I have work done on my vehicle. I am going to have to look at going to g m, or to some import vehicle. I had been happy before, but, this really stinks. Orig. Inv. # c90891 5/31/2010 new inv. # c03237 01/17/2011

Comments

• Ni
      21st of Apr, 2011

i have the same problem and got it replace and it's back click and the gear shift use to get stuck until it broke and rear window is crazy, transmission was whining but got that replace to co2 censor was showing on the computer got that replace then come to find out it was the converter got that replace, and i know a couple of people who trucks are doing the same thing.

• Ni
      21st of Apr, 2011

AND AS I WAS SEARCHING ONLINE FOR SIMILAR PROBLEMS AND THERE ARE ALOT OF PEOPLE WANTING ANSWER BESIDE YOU CALL THE DEALERSHIP AND THEY TELL YOU $1400 AND AS MUCH MONEY I HAVE PUT IN TO THIS TRUCK AND ALL THE OTHER PROBLEMS THAT OTHER PEOPLE HAVE IT NEED TO BE RECALLED TO BE FIXED