1st Source Bank / Bank fraud!

I never gave anyone permission to take any money out of my account, i do not give out that kind of information, i am on a fixed income and these are the dates the money was taken out 1/11/08 and 2/11/08. It was my checking account.These people need to be prosecuted for committing fraud.

Comments

• Be
      16th of May, 2008

Deborah,

While I agree that someone should be prosecuted for fraud, it is very unlikely your bank that committed the act. Whenever you order or write checks you are leaving yourself open to fraud. At the bottom of each check is the institution's routing number and your account number. Your name, address and possibly your phone number are located at the top. This information paired with a phony signature (an easily duplicated item if they have a check endorsed by you) is all someone needs to set up an automatic payment from your account. The bank will have no idea that the charges are bogus until you notify them. Once you do notify them, banks are typically very willing to resolve the issue.

• Br
      7th of Dec, 2011

I have been with first source bank since I was 16 years old. I have never went to another bank until recently. The new bank calls me and texts me when my account is under so I will not get charged for being negative and give me until 4 pm to put money into my account. They are so helpful and do everything in their power to help me not overdraft. First source bank calls me, after three days I have been negative in my account. This happens, not because I do not have money, but because I have two checking accounts with them and I get mixed up on which account is getting money taken out of. I have been charged $128.00 on an account for overdrafts this month. They never call and to be honest I feel they charge me just because they know I am under. I went in today ( at 9 am) to put money into my account and the teller told me I was under and I was getting charged. But the thing is my bill has not even been posted to my account yet so technically it has not even been taken out. She just charged me because she show it negative. I can not trust the tellers ever and now after 10 years I am leaving this bank for a more friendly and up to date bank.

• La
      13th of Feb, 2013

They know I am on a fixed income also but they continue to overdraft fees and now because of them, i can't pay my electric bill, soon as can I'm leaving, forgot got to mention their stupid daily fees on the overdraft fees, Now I have to figure out how to pay electric bill, husband also out of work

• Do
      13th of May, 2013

You should call these guys . . .

Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Trustmark National Bank in Memphis/Shelby County, Tennessee Regarding Improper Overdraft Fees
    Lawsuit brought by Watson Burns, PLLC and Webb, Klase & Lemond, LLC claims that Trustmark National Bank assessed excessive overdraft fees on consumer accounts in Tennessee, Mississippi, Florida, and Texas.
    Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on LinkedInEmail a friend.
    Memphis, TN (PRWEB) May 02, 2012

Memphis law firm Watson Burns, PLLC and Atlanta law firm Webb, Klase & Lemond, LLC have filed a class action lawsuit against Trustmark National Bank in Shelby County, Tennessee. The suit alleges that the bank engages in improper practices in its assessment of overdraft fees on consumer checking accounts. The suit claims that Trustmark, which is headquartered in Jackson, Mississippi, has engaged in these unfair practices in order to increase the number overdraft fees imposed on consumers. The case, styled White v. Trustmark National Bank, was filed in the Thirtieth Judicial District at Memphis, Shelby County, Tennessee on April 30, 2012 and has been assigned Case No. CT-001921-12.

Even though the case is filed in Tennessee it proposes a class action on behalf of Trustmark customers in Tennessee, Mississippi, Florida, and Texas. Trustmark has 186 branch offices in those four states with total assets of $9.7 billion. Trustmark has over a dozen locations in metropolitan Memphis where the case has been filed.

According to the suit, Trustmark routinely enforces a policy whereby debit transactions are posted to consumer accounts in order of largest to smallest by dollar amount, even when larger charges occur days after smaller charges. This maximizes the number and amount of overdraft fees. According to the complaint, Trustmark also deducts certain transactions before debit card items, even though there is no proper reason for doing so. The complaint also addresses other practices of the bank that generate excessive overdraft fees.

The complaint alleges that Trustmark could easily program its software systems to minimize insufficient funds fees without any increased cost or risk to the bank. Instead, according to the complaint, Trustmark has programmed its systems to manipulate transactions to maximize overdraft fee income. Plaintiff claims that these practices constitute breach of contract, breach of Trustmark’s obligation to act in good faith and to deal fairly with customers, conversion, and unjust enrichment. The suit also claims certain practices are unconscionable.

If you are a Trustmark customer, or were in the past, in Tennessee, Mississippi, Florida, or Texas and you wish to discuss this action or have any questions concerning this press release, please contact Webb, Klase & Lemond by e-mail at contact(at)WebbLLC(dot)com or by calling (770) 444-9325. Webb, Klase & Lemond, LLC is a law firm that practices complex litigation with a focus on litigation arising from wrongful deprivations by corporate and government entities. Watson Burns, PLLC is a Memphis litigation firm that focuses on corporate malfeasance and personal injury law.

• Je
      13th of Feb, 2015

1ST SOURCE BANK BEING SUE FOR FRAUD IN NEW JERSEY.

1STSOURCELAWSUIT.BLOGSPOT.COM