1st National Marketing / Another timeshare ripoff!

2833 Exchange CtWest Palm Beach, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-615-9120

Jan 3, 2008 I was called by a Josh Closs (Clauss?) who offered to sell my timeshare for $27, 000 but I had to advance a $999 marketing fee, refundable after 90 days if the property didn't sell. He also said he could get me a refund on a $600 marketing fee I paid to Timeshare Solutions in Henderson, NV. I was told it would take 2-3 weeks.

Feb. 18, 2008 I e-mailed them to try to get some info but got no response. I e-mailed again Feb 25, 2008 and got the same no response. March 6, 2008 I called only to find that all their phones had been disconnected. I called Timeshare Solutions to see if !st National got the $600 from them but found all their phones disconnected as well. The 1st Marketing website now says they are no longer accepting new contracts. I was able to file a dispute with my credit card issuer and got the $999 refunded but I still want to let others know about these alleged crooks.

I did file a complaint with the West Palm Beach Better Business Bureau (no response from 1st National), the Federal Trade Commission (www.ftc.gov) and will be filing a complaint with Palm Beach County business tax office and the Division of Consumer Services at the suggestion of the BBB.
Ja

Comments

Tu
  6th of May, 2008

1st National Marketing - did not fullfill contract
Phone: 773-343-6435

This company charged me a one time fee of $599 and told me that it had buyers for my timeshare or they would refund my money. I paid this money in august of 2007 and to no avail i have not heard from the compnay and cannot reach them via the number or email address given it is definitely a ripoff company and im trying to get my money back please help if you can.
Ke
  9th of Jun, 2008
buyer beware! 1st National Marketing has a new name and is now operating as International Resort Concepts. This place is so arrogant that they didn't even bother to change the name on the web site.
I suggest you file a complaint with the BBB and notify your states department of consumer affairs.
Mb
  20th of Jul, 2008
I was ripped off as well. Much of the same promised that never came through and they also failed to return any phone calls. Any help if finding ways to get my money back would be helpful.
Ke
  12th of Sep, 2008

1st National Marketing - Refund due
1st National Marketing
2833 Exchange Ct.
W.P.B.
Florida
Phone: 866-615-9120

We also were contacted a year ago, for the same purpose. We paid $799.00 believing that they would sell our timeshare... If for some reason they were not able to sell, we would get our money refunded..We called on various occassions., and till this day we have not heard back from this sleezy, kinieving, liars, traders, and NO GOOD! People like these should not even be walking on the face of this Earth... It is not wise and kind to take from others.All we want is our money refunded. So I hope that this people have it in them to do right... So I plead with you people to do the RIGHT THING!!! Have a Great and Blessed DAY!
Mo
  26th of Sep, 2008

1st National Marketing - non-existence
1st National Marketing
2833 Exchange Court, Suite 3
West Palm Beach
Florida

I was solicited through telecommunication on purchasing a service and product: 1st National Marketing: guaranteed to sell a timeshare (Club de Soleil" Las Vegas.

I, tried too send the contract to them with the forwarding address of: 2833 Exchange Court, Suite C
West Palm Beach, Florida 33409
The contract was returned to me "Not deliverable as addressed unable to forward.

I am seeking a refund, and or the selling of the above timeshare property.

The Great State of Florida, should take immediate legal action on shutting don