1st American Card Service / Misrepresentation

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I've been using 1st American Card Service for almoust 4 years. A few months ago I audited my books and discovered that the charges averaged 4.5 to 5.3%!!! I had contacted the 1st American Card Service and the Redwood Merchant Bank for the explanation and received none. The Redwood Bank could not even explain their own convoluted statement and the meaning of the fees. I wrote to the 1st American Card Service and the Redwood bank - no reply.
I have been using another provider for the past 2 months and my fees dropped almost in half! 1st American Card Service overcharged me by several thousand dollars.
I'm attaching the statement from the Redwood Bank. See for yourself if you can decipher all those abbreviations. For $13, 904.96 I was charged $787.29! That's over 6%! PayPal is cheaper.

1st American Card Service promised discounted rates and responsive service. You will find that they excel in sales and fail in everything else.

1st American Card Service

Comments

• Ci
      5th of Mar, 2010

I have been a customer of 1st American Card Service for over 8 years and found them to be the best company we have ever used to Process our credit cards. This is in comparison to 4 other companies we have used in the past. They not only continue to have the best rates, they have also had the best follow up and customer service. I have also sent many of the businesses in our mall to them so I know first hand the stories of 19 other businesses. All have had the same great experience. I looked in here after the last business I sent to them asked me to look here. They were conserned. All I can say is the person making the claim that they were had a "Misrepresentation" for 4 years is very hard to believe. I know of no business that would not check what they are paying for any important service that long. To my eyes and ears I see this a just the postings of a Competing service that is trying to damage this company's reputation. I think if one really reads this and looks at the image they claim is a credit card statement, they will find the same thing. 1st American still has the A+ rating they had 8 years ago at the BBB when I signed up with them. We are very, very happy customers!

• Mi
      10th of May, 2010

The complaint here is not from a real customer of 1st American Card Service. The "statement" they listed here is clearly not a realy Merchant Account Statement. It was a forged statment from another merchant and another merchant processor. The forgery is so bad, they left the othe bank's information on the form.

• Li
      13th of Aug, 2010

Wow, that is correct. This is certainly not a merchant statement from 1st American. I have been a customer for over 17 years and should know. I also can see that other bank's information on that form like the person above her mentioned. It seems they were working so hard to hurt 1st American's reputation they used one of their own merchant account statements. I sure hope someone sues these bogus reviewers...