1GB RCA Pearl MP3 Player / Big disappointment

I received the 1GB RCA Pearl for Christmas from my mother. I use it fairly regularly, maybe 3x a week for the gym. I took good care of it, but it didnt take long for it to start acting strangely. It would skip songs suddenly and just start shutting off. I assumed it was the batteries. I have gone through several packs of batteries, and have determined its not the cause of the problem. The player will shut off ever few minutes and sometimes it can take an hour for me to be able to turn it back on. It's not fun when Im in the gym and it keeps shutting off on me.

Va

Comments

Fr
  20th of Apr, 2008

mine does the same thing do u know how to fix it

Cr
  28th of Jul, 2008

Please read your manual.

For your first issue, all files must be good copies. This is a common issue amongst ALL MP3 players. if the file is corrupt, the player will either hang up on it, skip it, or try to play it and it comes out all "garbled" up.
For your second issue, there is a setting for "power saver" its in your menu, system settings. set it to "off" the factory setting is 5 mins. dunno why, it just is.

Ge
  12th of Aug, 2008

My RCA Pearl 1GB MP3 Player with FM Radio is acting up i just bought it 2 months ago.When iturn it on all it says on the screen is "PEARL" and it stays stuck that way . i tryed changing battiers and that does'nt work. Im puzzled. Help. thank you

Ah
  17th of Apr, 2010

About the product, I agree but It is a cheap device and you got a cheap quality.