1and1.com / rip off artists
1and1.com recently build me $143 for web names I no longer want to use. They sent the bill the day after the deadline for cancellation. I never received any e-mail in advance of that day advising me of the bill amount or the renewal deadline.
I called them the day I got an e-mail and told them that I didn't want the domain names any more. Their customer service rep told me that I could cancel and the bill would be credited. Lo and behold. I canceled my domain names with no problem, and then got billed anyway. Since then the company has stonewalled me a dozen different ways and refuse to refund my money.
Any company who had real customer service would have immediately credited my account. These guys are basically incompetent, unless you want to count outright thievery as competence. I would advise that no one ever use them for any form of web hosting or domain name purchase whatsoever. There have to be better companies out there.
More 1and1.com Complaints & Reviews
- 1&1 Internet, Inc. - billing and collection scam 
- 1and1.com - abuse department is actually the billing department 
- Aeg Publishing - fraud marketing 
- 1and1.com - cancellation and refund policies 
- 1and1.com - refused to cancel/delete my account then sent me to collections. 
- 1&1 Internet / 1and1.com - domains/billing
- www.1and1.co.uk - customer support
- 1&1 Internet / 1and1.com - repeated bogus invoicing and charges collected
- 1&1 Internet / 1and1.com - terrible experience! 
- 1&1 Internet / 1and1.com - domain name hatsunique.com