123buydirect / 52& LCD TV

1 New York, NY, United States Review updated:

I purchased a new Samsung 52"LCD TV from this online retailer that was recommended by CNET. I waited nearly 6 weeks for delivery of the TV only to find that the unit was used (stickers removed, finger prints on glass, acessories bag ripped open, ...) and did not work (bad power supply). I immediately called and they said it was a new unit and then they offered me a $400 discount to keep the TV and have it fixed by Samsung. I said no replace the TV. They had it picked up and I never heard from them again. I spoke to Samsung and they said the TV that was sent to my house was actually sold 4 months earlier. This retailer is reselling returned items as new - what a scam!

Comments

• Je
      9th of Nov, 2008
    123buydirect - Order
    Virginia Beach
    Virginia

I purchased a SonyHDTV from 123buydirect.com and was given a confirmation number to follow up on delivery status.
    I have made several follow up calls during their posted business hours and only get through to a recorded message stating that they are closed and to call back during normal business hours.
    Has this company gone out of business?
    My credit card has not yet been charged but if they are not going to make good on the delivery of this product, then I will need to cancel my order and purchase this Christmas gift somewhere else.
    Please advise.

11th of Nov, 2008

I purchased a Sharp HDTV also and had the same problem tracking my order. I called in during their posted business hours, but nobody picked up the phone. The message says it is "closed." I am afraid it is out of business. All the TVs were pulled off from its website shortly after I purchased my TV from it.

• Bo
      18th of Nov, 2008

I also ordered a Sony Bravia 42in HDTV that they had advertised on their website.I gave them all my information for my credit card waited about 2 weeks then I called the company that was on my e-mail confirmation.
    Was told that it will be about 3 more weeks before my order could be delivered, but they have a new Sharp TV in stock. I still wanted the TV that I ordered so I will wait for delivery. They did not charge my card yet but was told it will be charged the day they shipped the TV. I went on the website to find out the status of my order.Guess what the website is no longer in service, so I called the company and was put on hold but no one ever picked up the hold. Did this company go out of business or is it under another website ? This company is 123BuyDirect.Com...I thought this price was too good to be true and no shipping or delivery charges that was a good deal.

• Ra
      17th of Apr, 2009

Stop payment on your credit card and buy from somewhere else. I have turned them in to the BBB due to false claims and late delivery. To settle my dispute, they were going to give me a partial refund. NO REFUND yet