102 Broad street parking lot / Atlanta Car booting

1 102 broad streetAtlanta, GA, United States Review updated:

These people are scamming. Being new to the city with a job transfer, my children wanted to go to underground Atlanta. We parked at the parking lot at 102 broad street with a sign that say Laz Parking. When we pulled in there was an attendant truck there. We put our 6.00 in for 2 hours of parking. The machine did not give us a receipt so I told the man with the badge that said parking that I did not get a receipt. He said it was out of paper and gave us a ticket that clearly came from that lot and had that days date on it. Having no prior experience with a parking lot thought that was routine and went on to do what we set out to do. We came back in one and 1/2 hours. Our car had the boot on it. We called the number that was on the sticker placed on our window. After attempting the number with no luck for a half hour I called the police. They said they would dispatch the booting man for that lot. 2 hours later they show and we told them what had happened with the machine not giving us a ticket and why we had the ticket that did not belong to that stall. They would not budge. Finally after my husband and I are both livid and the kids are scared to death, we pay the 50 dollars.
I believe 100% this was an intentional act. After reading some others complaints I agree with paying with a credit card so that you can dispute the charge. These people are scammers and this has to be stopped. Anyone with information for a contact to make a complaint please email me at stlyourbabygirl@yahoo.com.

Comments

• Th
      13th of Apr, 2009

We were visiting and we got booted to. I beleive it is extorting money from people and I will fight. The city of Atlanta is allowing extortion.

• Ly
      26th of Dec, 2009

former employees can have old uniforms and get their hands on company printed reciepts. the machine should have immediately been filled with reciepts thats is a bad situation if the attendant knew it was empty.

• Di
      19th of Aug, 2010

Just recently LAZ Parking and Boot Man, Inc. lost a lawsuit filed in Harris County Civil Court.

LAZ & Boot Man will have to pay a $1000 fine, court expenses, attorney fees, misc fees and TRIPLE damages.

Their employee was stupid enough to use plastic tape to try and disguise his identity:

Total Bozos who deserve to be sued!