1 Way Photo / Terrible service

1 5409 18th AveBrooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-728-9461

This Company is advertising a low price cameras but in bare bone version - no chargers no batteries etc. They offer the chargers for 199USD. But what is more important and harmful they changed the specification of ordered items. My wife ordered Nikon 18-200 VR lenses, we received for Father day Sigma 18/200 Lense- a low rated one, if compared to Nikon original. As for other reported cases, beside the on-line order there was a specific phone call from 1Way Photo proposing changes, rebates etc... eventually my wife has fallen in the scheme and invoice sent couple hours after call has increased by some 500USD without clear reference to Sigma substitution.

Tomorrow, Monday we wanted to try to call them and return all package, but I am afraid, reading other reports that we are another pigeon in line. Any advise on the possible actions will be appreciated.

Va

Comments

• Ol
      4th of Aug, 2008

I am a photographer from China. My friend sent me a link to 1 way photo.com several days ago. They were aversiting an amazing price ex: Canon 1ds Mark III were selling around 4000USD. This price was 3000USD cheaper than the regular price is in China. Its luckly for me to check on the Internet, So I can see your experience. Thank you. But why dont you put them on court?

• Ki
      26th of Sep, 2008

Sadly, I called to order a flash for my D300 Nikon and ended up being charged handling fees even though they stated the shipping was free. I argued that this was deceptive and to cancel the order. They refused to do so and also stated that if I did cancel, I'd be charged restocking even though the transaction wasn't completed. I ended up getting them to agree to remove $60 from the order but when I received it, the total amount was still much more than it should have been. They get your credit card no. before you find out about the extra charges. They were very abusive and unpleasant when challenged. I hope people see these negative messages and don't do business with them.

• Pa
      7th of Jan, 2009
    1 Way Photo - Scam
    1wayphoto.com

So I ordered the Panasonic HVX-205a - a P2 capable DVCProHD Camcorder. For 1, 399. The cheapest price online!

They hadn't charged me by the next day so I called them. After a while, the same man kept transferring me to himself over and over again and then finally went over the order. He told me the camera didn't come with a charger, battery, viewfinder or LCD screen - it was a barebones body!

LOL. He placed the order anyway, at nearly three thousand dollars.

I called the bank and cancelled the card. I tried to call them back, but I got a message saying they were closed for the day. I told the bank not to let them charge my card.

If they attempt anything, I'm taking a train out to Brooklyn with ten of my toughest friends and we're gonna mess some people up.

• Fi
      20th of Jan, 2009
    1 Way Photo - Bad service
    1wayphoto.com

My experience was similar to most other reviewers. I purchased a camera, and received the email stating that I needed to call in my order. When I called, I was offered a extra battery for $150. (I later checked at found that this battery cost around $50 at Ritz camera!) The salesman stated that the battery included with the camera only lasted about 20 minutes. I declined. He tried to offer me a few more accessories that also seemed overpriced, and I told him I just wanted to try the camera before I purchased anything else. So we concluded and I was told the camera would arrive in about a week. Several days later, I got an email stating that the camera had been put on back order for 3-4 weeks and that I would get a call when it was to be shipped. Growing more uncertain with the legitimacy of this dealer, I begin to shop around again. I found this web site and saw the user rating of 1 way photo. I immeadiately called, cancelled my order and now I'm keeping an eye of my checking account because I do not trust these guys!

• Da
      13th of Aug, 2009
    1 Way Photo - Bait and switch
    1 Way Photo

This is a typical Bait and switch operation - low price to bait you, but you must buy expensive (overpriced and mostly unnecessary) accessories or else you don't get the selected product. My order was to arrive in 3 days, but they called to sell me accessories which I rejected, so they announced the product delayed for 4 weeks or more. Stay away -it's a sham!

• Tv
      14th of Dec, 2009
    1 Way Photo - Unauthorized billing
    1 Way Photo

I called to get a price on some product. They asked for my credit card # in order to give me a price (I know...) then after being given so many prices and fast talk I said I didn't want their $2600 package for $2, 000 and left it at it that. A few days later my bank account was overdrawn - they'd taken $2000 from my account in $500 increments. I canceled my debit/credit card and called them. They said I'd authorized it and if I didn't like it I could return the package and pay the 15% restocking plus the $100 the charged for S&H. I called back after being hung up on and it was agreed they'd refund $350 (though it hasn't shown up in my account yet - it hasn't been 30 days) . With that refund the price may fall closer to the market value of the list of products they'd sent me. Still, I didn't want this product! The package arrived with fewer items than on the original list they emailed me.

• Mi
      11th of Jan, 2010
    1 Way Photo - Horrible experience
    1 Way Photo

The customer experience is horrible from order placement to order completion. I admittedly did not have a great deal of expertise in photography but they sure taught me a lesson about what not to purchase. Their high-pressure salesperson, Adam if that is his real name, and their terms of sale is a bitter lesson I will not soon forget.

• Le
      15th of Jan, 2010
    1 Way Photo - Awful, awful, awful
    1wayphoto.com

I thought I would try 1wayphoto.com out for myself. I ordered the vixia HF11. It was supposed to be $630 plus $50 tax to NY. I got the infamous 'confim your order' and called them. Then they told me the truth - it is nowhere on the website. This is an "import" model that doesn't come with english manuals. It also doesn't come with a battery! HUH? I've never heard of buying a camera or camcorder without a battery! Anyway, it was sneaky how they asked for the credit card security code and only THEN told me about the changes in the specs. I told them I would think about the recommended 'upgrades' which added $300 to the price of the camera - for a battery and a camera that would have english menus. Hmmm...Anyway, cancelled the order and I did get an order cancelled email. I also phoned the credit card company and gave them a 'refuse charge' order which they noted for 1wayphoto.com. I probably won't use them again. I'm surprised they haven't been reported to authorities, investigated, and shut down for misleading consumers. I must say though, they guy on the phone was very polite - not rude. He just informed me that the model I ordered wasn't the US model, but rather an import model and it would come with a battery only good for one time use of 15 to 20 minutes. That's when my little red flag went up in my head.

• Be
      21st of Jan, 2010
    1 Way Photo - Beware
    1 Way Photo

This company has no intention of selling you their stuff for the advertised price. If you push them to live up to their add, the item will suddenly be out of stock. Don't deal with these people!

28th of Jan, 2010
    1 Way Photo - Beware
    1 Way Photo

I called and ordered the Cannon EOS 50D which I was told was in stock 2 weeks ago under order #65407-WO then got the email that it was out of stock and I would need to reorder. Well now its $140 more and they're in stock (not). I get the standard line that the import model is in Japanesee only-not according to Cannon- check page 42 of the manual, also their site lists the contents of what comes with the import model which is battery, AC power supply, usb cable, video cable, manual, etc. Long story made short they take my credit card number for the camera and express shipping but guess what next day I get the email again that the camera is 3-4 weeks back ordered when only yesterday they had plenty in stock.

I can order for more money the US model so beware this seller.