1 Way 2 Move / Damaged furniture

1 631 Rugby RoadBrooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:

This moving company was supposed to be at my house at 12:00 noon and didn't show up until 6:00pm. They showed up witha a small Budget truck and not a full size truck you'd expect a moving company to have. They were annoyed because I didn't have everything packed even though that's supposed to be part of their job. I was told the price of my move was going to cost me $1, 400. After they loaded the truck about half way, they informed me that this is what the $1, 400 covered. I was then told that if I wanted the rest of my belongings, it was going to cost me a total of $6, 000. I was also threatened by the person in charge that if I didn't meet them by a certain time at my destination, which was an out-of-state move, that they would leave with my belongings. After my stuff was delivered to my destination, all my furniture was damaged and quite a few items stolen. They were supposed to put furniture and boxes in the appropriate rooms like it states on their website but they claimed they didn't do that. Instead, everything was stacked up in my living room. Later on, the head one back in the office, sent someone to my place to sort out the furniture and boxes.

Va

Comments

• Sc
      30th of Nov, 2008

They guys suck outright..I used them several years ago and they showed up with a truck the Beverley Hillbillies wouldnt use. They took forever and then informed me that i needed to pay them 6500.00 BEFORE my furniture arrived or else they would charge me storage. My furniture arrived 6 weeks later after numerous calls on a United Van Lines truck. Sorry to see these crooks are still in business.