1-866-265-5244 / Harassing phone calls

United States Review updated:
This collection company does not even provide you with a name. Apparently a family member used my name and number as a reference many years ago. Now they are calling me to insult me for somebody else debt. The language used was degrading and unprofessional. Their tone was treating and intimidating. Who regulates this kind of companies?

Comments

Da
  16th of Jun, 2008
I've been harassed for three months by these NAFS thugs they are phishing. I've called them a half dozen times and told them they have the wrong number and my name isn't Tony. Poor Tony! Well Daniel Lynch has left 17 prerecorded messages to date. I've filed a complaint with my states attorney generals office and each violation may cost them $1500.00.

They are exceeding rude threatening people who have a propensity for not listening.

National Action Financial Services

Daniel M. Lynch
90 Old Lyme Dr. Apt. 7
Buffalo, NY 14221-2293
716-689-8294

Drop Dan a note in the mail or just give him a call a home he is usually not at his desk because he has lots of meetings. Remember you "NEED TO RESOLVE HIS ISSUES" He's going to turn 60 on his next birthday.
Sa
  30th of Apr, 2012
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
See the other messages for who these people are and how they behave. If you want to stop it, send the following letter, registered if possible:

Dear Debt Collector /Debt Collector Attorney:

This will serve as your legal notice under provisions of federal law, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), to cease all communication with me and my family in regard to the debt you have previously contacted me for. If you fail to heed this notice, I will file a formal complaint against you with the Federal Trade Commission who is responsible for enforcement, the States Attorney General office and/or the American Collectors Association or local State Bar Association.

I have decided that I do not desire to work with a collection agency under any circumstances. I will contact the original creditor to resolve this matter directly, as circumstances warrant.

You are also notified that should any adverse information be placed against my credit reports as a result of this notice that appropriate legal actions will be taken. Give this very important matter the attention it deserves.

Sincerely,