1-800-Flowers / missed delivery, again

1 Edina, MN, United States Review updated:

My complaint is the same as many others... Not delivered on a special day. Flowers ordered well in advance so that they would arrive on the birthday of a newly deceased spouse so that hopefully, the day wouldn't be so painful. Flowers weren't delivered and when I called the next day, 1-800 offered to send them the following day at 50% off??? What good would that do??? Give me a break. It seems that the only part of their service they can do in a timely way is to make sure that the billing is done. The billing is done the day of the order... Not the day of the delivery??? Never, never, never order from 1-800-flowers. Thank goodness I used my american express as they suspended payment immediately.

Comments

• Ka
      25th of Mar, 2008
    1 - 800 - Flowers - Not as advertised!
    1-800-Flowers

I ordered a simple arrangement for my mother for Easter. As she loves bold colors, I ordered a hot pink roses and alstromeria combination that looked fantastic online. When it arrived, it contained not hot pink roses but red roses (2 of which died within 2 days of arriving). The difference is not minor, especially when you pair red roses with hot pink alstromeria. When I complained I was informed that the fine print says they "sometimes" have to make substitutions. I would hope that such substitutions were actually THOUGHT about before doing something so ill-considered. Flowers are a visual gift and are generally selected visually. No one asked if this substitution was acceptable to me. If they had, I would have said no and made another selection. So the lesson here is simple. If you care about what the flowers look like, don't use 1-800-FLOWERS (aka ProFlowers). I certainly won't use them again.

• Bi
      19th of Jun, 2010
    1 - 800 - Flowers - I guess they don't view me as a good customer and really don't care
    1-800-flowers.com

I had recently ordered flowers for mother’s day, I ordered a few different orders one to may mother in NY with flowers and candy, and one to my wife in FL.

The order to NY made it there fine and was left at the door, the order in FL: I was called the day before mother’s day at 7:30 PM and told that the driver was trying to reach me all day. This is not true as I was home all day, the driver then said he would deliver it the next day which was mother’s day and I said fine.

At 1:00 PM on mothers day I got a call from India it was 800 Flowers and they said the driver made a few attempts to deliver and that they would have to reschedule the delivery for another day, WHAT ?

I explained to the young lady that barely spoke English that this was mother’s day and delivering the flowers and candy on another day was unacceptable not to mention the driver never made a delivery attempt.

I was promised a call right back, never happened and as of today I still have not got a refund.

I have used 800 Flowers many times before and consider myself a good customer I guess they don't view me that way and really don't care.

• 18
      4th of Sep, 2010

I was in the floral business for over 35 years and I heard all the complaints posted over and over again. You take a big risk ordering anything over the internet expecially something as personal as flowers
    for a special occasion or person. In the future i suggest to anyone ordering flowers to always have on hand a local florist and deal with only them. If you maintain a close personal relationship with them they will always strive to keep your business, because as we all know that trust and loyalty is earned. When orders were processed on busy holidays the on-line or wire service orders were usually second in line to our more personal or home accounts, because we knew that they were our bread and butter so to speak, I'm not saying that we didn't take the utmost care with the others, we always strived to give the customer what they wanted . hope this helps all dissatisfied onlineflower buyers.

• Es
      10th of May, 2011
    1 - 800 - Flowers - horrible servicw
    1-800-flowers
    Texas
    Phone: 1-800-flowers
    1800flowers.com

This is the absolute worst company ever, they took my order to be delivered on Mother's for the rep to enter the wrong damn date and then told me there was nothing they can do about it. they then offer to deliver them for free the next day. i call the next day and now the flowers were no longer in stock, then they claimed to have found a florist that has the flowers and can deliver them. they finally deliver the bouquet and they sent the wrong damn bouquet and a smaller one at that. i have been calling and getting in there a** every hr and i will continue to do so until they deliver the right damn bouquet.

• Mo
      18th of Dec, 2013

I ordered flowers for same day delivery to my friend who is terminally ill and on Hospice with Stage IV Breast Cancer that has spread to her brain. I placed the order on 12/17/2013 to be delivered. As of 5 p.m. 12/18/2013, still no updates on the status of my order. I finally called them to find out that the flowers had not even been sent and they were scheduled to have them sent out on 12/19/2013. When I called and spoke with customer service, all they could tell me is that none of the local florists would fill the order and they were rejecting the order. I went on the internet and searched for local florists in the area and placed a phone call and within 5 minutes I have an order going out first thing in the morning and it was cheaper and the delivery fee was much less. I will never do business with 1-800-flowers again. I will call the local florist and place the order myself. If you want something done right the first time and on time, I recommend you do it yourself.

• Mo
      18th of Dec, 2013
    1 - 800 - Flowers - Same Day Delivery
    Nixa
    Missouri

I ordered flowers for same day delivery on 12/17/13. I never received any status updates for my order. When I finally called customer service on 12/18/12 at 5 p.m. they said the order would go out in the morning. This is unacceptable. I ordered these flowers for my best friend who is terminally ill and could pass away any minute. They said they could not find a local florist in her area that would take the area. I got on the internet and found five florists in that area on my first try. I called the first one on the list and they are going to have an order out for her first thing in the morning. The flowers were cheaper and so was the delivery fee. I will never do business again with 1-800-flowers. I highly recommend before you order from 1-800-flowers to call the florist directly yourself first.