1-800-684-8429 / Phone calls, too many to count!

The phone calls start at 8am on the dot and go until 9pm Monday thru Sunday and there have been as many as 13 a day and as many as 5 in one hour. They are trying to find someone else and I have told them so, then I have told them to not call back and they continue to do so. This has been going on for a month. It has got to stop. I am about to loose my mind. They call all hours of the day, into the evening when my son is asleep. I have no idea how in the world they got my phone number it is unlisted and a private cell phone number. The [protected] that they are calling from is what continues to come up on the caller ID. Many times there is not someone on the line when I pick up the phone to talk, and this is costing me money and minutes on my cellular phone account.

Beware!

Comments

• Ni
      28th of Dec, 2006

My girlfriend is getting a lot of these calls too... Please help us by sending us information at Email.

• Da
      20th of Jan, 2007

Same thing they call at least 10 times a day looking for someone I don't know they won't even say who they are!!!

• Re
      27th of Jan, 2007

These people call our house from 8 a.m. till 9 p.m. and every day of the week. I have a small child, and they wake him up at night. I found me an airhorn that I blow in the ear piece when they call. They hate me.

• Su
      31st of Jan, 2007

They called me six times in four hours on my cell phone, and three times a day at work. Rebecca has the right idea. If the call my cell phone when I'm driving, I make sure the car stereo is really loud & I answer the phone right next to the speakers, then hang up.

• Je
      4th of Apr, 2007

Has any one found a solution to these calls? i get them daily as well!!! AARGGGH

• He
      10th of Apr, 2007

Does anyone even know what company this number belongs to? My roommate is getting up to 22 calls a day from them, they never leave a message or anything. Please email me if you know what company they are calling from. Henry

24th of May, 2007
    1-800-684-8429 - How do we get this to stop?

1-800-684-8429 call-call -call we've even changed our number and they still called no one talks other than to say please call. How do we get this to stop?

Advise smb!

• Cr
      24th of May, 2007

Most likely you will end up having to sue them in Federal Court if you can. If they are an original creditor for your situation then you can't sue them under FDCPA but depending on which state you live in you may be able to sue them under your state's laws.

Your cause of action would be harassment, of course, and if you have a careful record of their calls, the time at which they called and the number of times they have called you have an excellent chance of winning.

• Te
      24th of May, 2007

They started calling me repeatedly. I talked to the phone rep. He asked me when I was going to pay my bill. I don't even have a credit card with them. Never have and never will. Asked me a bunch of questions. I felt they were fishing for info to perform identify theft.

• Ca
      24th of May, 2007

I purchased a new mobile phone, and before anyone ever had my new number, I began to receive calls from the number 1-800-684-8429.

I know the calls couldn't possibly have been trying to reach me, because I had just purchased the phone and this was a brand new number for me. I believe the calls are meant for whomever previously owned this phone number, however, it is driving me crazy. The calling started from the time I purchased the cell phone, and has not stopped.

Before I could get home with my new mobile phone, I had been called from this number more than 20 times.

• Cb
      24th of May, 2007

These people have called me at least 13 times today. Half the time when I answer the phone I wait for a good 30 seconds and there is nobody there. Today I answered after being harassed all day (my wife is sick too which doesn't help). I got a message saying "you have an important message" and then some guy said my name. After that, I waited for a good 20-30 seconds and hung up because nothing/nobody was on the other end. I don't know if they're trying to get information for fraud, I don't know if they're trying to sell me something, I don't know what's going on. These people have been calling me for a year now and I don't even know who they are.

2 Months ago some guy in Florida tried to use my debit card to make a purchase from office depot for 340 dollars or something(online). the bank reimbursed me for the fraudulent transaction but I had to close my account, change all my direct deposit information, etc. Then I couldn't get paid for a month because it takes them 3-4 weeks to set up direct deposit again. UNBELIEVABLE. I don't trust anybody anymore unless I'm calling them directly. I still have no idea how they got my debit card information nor do I know any of the details to do with who it was that did it or why.

• Ti
      24th of May, 2007

I think this is a scam. Everytime they call, I just ignore it. They call my home number and my cell number! My home number is a fax number and I just hit delete on my cell. I would not answer these calls if I were you!! There is another number out there with the area code of 216 that has been found out that they are a scam and for all we know, the 800 number could be the same thing and the same company. BEWARE!!

• Ra
      24th of May, 2007

I am very tired of them calling me alot hours of the morning and night... I want it to stop...

• Do
      24th of May, 2007

To respond to this harassment calls use the following website:

Federal Communications commission

This is a form to fill out for the FCC to step in and stop this harassment. If you do not fill out this information the calls will continue. This works since we had another company trying the same stuff last year. The more complaints the FCC receives the faster they will react.

Keep a ledger, sheet or notes as to date, time and ph no they are calling from and fill in the rest of the form.

Your are welcome from a fellow person being harassed in the same manner.

• Ri
      24th of May, 2007

It's not a scam in the sense that people are pretending to be creditors or some such and stealing information.

If you are receiving calls from them, and they are asking for someone, what they're probably doing is something called skip tracing: they've lost contact with a debtor and no longer have a good phone number, so they start looking for phone numbers belonging to people with similar names/last names.

If they call acting like you're the debtor or this is their number, know that this is what they're trained to do. Supposedly, acting this way will put the actual debtor off guard and trap them into the call.

If you are not the debtor they're looking for, hold your ground and tell them that you are not so-and-so, you do not and have never known so-and-so, and you want your number taken off their calling list. They have to do this, even if they think you're lying for whatever reason.

If you still have problems, here is their US site: http://www.us.hsbc.com/1/2/3/personal. There is a Contact Us link above the Online account access box on the right hand side. It includes the customer service line and mailing address for HSBC Bank.

• Sh
      24th of May, 2007

I have been receiving these calls for the past 2 weeks and I am very angry. I have taken the advice of one of the other complaintors and filed a report on the number 8006848429. I believe it to be a scam.

• Ri
      2nd of Jun, 2007
    1-800-684-8429 - Unknown phone calls

Calling all the time from this number 1-800-684-8429 cant anything be done to stop this had voice box removed due to cancer and cannot talk.

• Je
      6th of Jun, 2007

Constantly on our caller ID all the time no one talks just a recording to please call need information to make them stop.

• Rj
      8th of Jun, 2007

How do you stop these calls? They call me at home, work and on my cell phone. This is a little out of hand.

• Mt
      26th of Jun, 2007

I have been getting around a DOZEN a day for a couple of months now and would REALLY like a solution to this Harassment???

Signed...