Comments

• Co
      19th of Nov, 2006
    1-800-266-9420 - I am sick of these calls!

I get calls from this number 800 266-9420 several times a day. Nobody is there and if you call back it goes to nothing. I am sick of these calls. I am on the national do not call list and i am still getting them.

• Al
      20th of Nov, 2006
    1-800-266-9420 - Unknown phone number

This number calls at least 3 times a day at all different times a day ranging from seven am to 10 pm no one ever answers and you can't call them back this happens every day during the week mon- fri.

• Ka
      20th of Nov, 2006

I am so tired of these calls as well. I called my cell phone carrier and there is no way to block these calls. I get a dozen a day minimun. This is so frustrating.

• Be
      21st of Nov, 2006
    1-800-266-9420 - This need to be stopped!

I noticed that many people have complained about the number 1-800-266-9420. I also get calls daily from this number and it only rings for a second, and I call it back and get a busy signal. I really wish I knew what this was and I want it to stop

• De
      27th of Nov, 2006

This phone number 1-800-266-9420 calls me at least once a day! i never pick up anymore. Make them stop! Anything we can do?

• St
      7th of Dec, 2006

An entry at another complaint site identifies the caller as "at home awards".

At home rewards calls my cell phone 10 times a day from caller id 800 266 9420. If you ask them how they got your nnumber, they hang up but don't stop calling. They tell you you've won a reward and tell you the last 4 digits of your credit card. This is my cell phone and they call me during business meetings.

• Lu
      13th of Dec, 2006

I got a call from this number on a Saturday morning. This man told me that I had won a trip because of my good standing with my Visa Debit card. I told them the man that I no longer carry that card. And he said " Yes you do sir." I said no I don't I have a Mastercard. HE THEN INSULTED ME and said "Sir, I understand that you're not good with the English Language" I interrupted him and began to get frustrated. The man then hung up and The next time I got a call from that number I asked to speak with a supervisor. They said a supervisor would call me back the next time he or she was in. I haven't got a call since then. IF YOU WANT TO STOP RECEIVING CALLS FROM THEM JUST ASK TO SPEAK WITH A SUPERVISOR. That's my Story.

• La
      14th of Dec, 2006

My phone has been getting these dumb phone calls from 1-(800)266-9420 and every time i pick up no-one answers its really starting to tick me off i want to know who they are? Anybody?

• Ka
      27th of Jan, 2007

Whatever company it is calling from that number is calling my cell phone every hour on the hour. It's ridiculous and I don't think it should be legal to call people's cell phones. Note: I have recently increased online shopping and my cell is the number I provide for shipping/billing info (I don't have a land line). Perhaps the sites I've used have sold my number to these jerks.

• Bu
      28th of Jan, 2007

I get multiple calls a day from this number - no one ever answers. It's EXTREMELY ANNOYING. How do I stop them from calling me?

I have registered my number with "donotcall.gov".

Thanks in advance,
    Burk

• Js
      1st of Feb, 2007

Some guy called me from this number saying he was calling on behalf of one of my credit cards and that because I've been such a good customer, I won a $1,ooo.00 shopping spree on line. I do not have a credit card from the company he was referring to, but he had some of my personal information on hand to quote to me. He was very rude, and pushy. Beware.

• Cm
      9th of Feb, 2007

Hello, I would like to give you a little information about the calls from 800-266-9420. The calls originate from the following company:

Platinum One Marketing Group, Inc
    18562 US Hwy 19 North
    Clearwater, FL 33764

Telephone # 727-536-8800

They are moving around the end of Feb but probably will remain in the Clearwater area as they are keeping the same employees. The name and numbers may change but we can track them if we stay alert.

Go to the following web site to learn more about what they try to do. And although it may be legal, certainly their tactics on the phone are not.

Any “hang up” calls are simple to explain – the calls are placed by a computer with a fancy name. When a call is answered the computer tries to find an employee to take the call. If they are all busy, the computer “abandons” the call. The “Federal Telemarketing Rules” state that they must play a tape with the company name and a call back number before the call is abandoned but, as we know, this company certainly doesn’t abide by that.

They are not associated with “Visa Platinum” or “Capitol One” but they use the name Platinum One to confuse us.

They are currently located next door to a McDonald’s out on US Highway 19 in Clearwater. Their building can clearly be seen on a Google Satellite Map. Letting them know that you have their location will produce a sudden change in their attitude – usually they will just hang up, remove you from their call list and move on to the next poor soul. This information is time sensitive as it will all change by the end of February 2007. But having knowledge of their name and city might still have some impact.

Good luck and stay informed. You can report them to the BBB in Florida and your local BBB. But, they best thing to do is to put your phone number on the Federal Do Not Call List which causing them to violate federal law if they call you after the waiting period.

• Al
      13th of Feb, 2007

Look what I found!

• Mi
      23rd of Feb, 2007

They call and when i say hello there is noone there.

• Un
      1st of Mar, 2007

OK, so in reading other peoples complaints regarding 800-266-9420 I was able to locate the company's contact number. It is 727-536-8800. The company's name is Platinum Rewards. The call manager's name is Nelson Rodriguez. The call Supervisor who was rude as hell is Tina Warmer or Warner. What a ###! They are located in Clearwater, FL. Please file a complaint with the BBB of FL. Also, one of the reps who continue to call is Judith Williams. I believe they also have an 800 number 800-915-2979. I've asked to have my number removed. I will see if they honor their words within 24 hrs.

• Ar
      19th of Mar, 2007

I also received calls from this number almost everyday for weeks. They said I had won a free gas card for being in good standing with my visa debit card, I told them to stop calling and threatened to call the police and I said I knew they were in clearwater florida. So I stopped receiving calls for a while... well now they have started up again with a new number 310-862-9022. It is the same as the other one... no answer if you call back. I think it is based out of California. But they say the same thing when they call... that I won something because of my visa account... so this is just a warning that they may have moved and changed their phone number.

• Lu
      21st of Mar, 2007

We get calls every other day from this number, no one ever picks up and when you call back it is busy, I can't get them to stop calling, what do we do?

• Pa
      21st of Mar, 2007

I'm just another name on a long list of people frustrated by this sick loser with no life and nothing to do all day but harass people on the phone. I almost didn't even bother writing this because noone is going to do anything about this accept let people vent on this website for awhile and eventually forget about it with no legal action ever brought up on these people. It's sad because in this day and age, with all the technology we have, that we can't even stop someone so pathetic!!!

• Am
      21st of Mar, 2007

I just received a call from this number claiming to be associated with my "Platinum" card. First off, I don't have a platinum card of any kind. He knew my address and was calling to verify information because they were sending me a rewards package for being a valuable customer. When I told him I wasn't interested he began berating my and telling me I shouldn't have answered the call in the first place. Needless to say my response was not kind and he hung up on me. When I tried to call back I got a busy signal.

Coincidently I had MAJOR fraud on one of my credit cards recently and the credit card company caught it right away and cancelled the account. Also getting a lot of call from the "Fraud Department". I think this guy might have been probing for more information???

Scary call. Do not give these people any information!

• Ip
      21st of Mar, 2007

I have been receiving calls from this number over and over again. This is indeed very disturbing. I have recently purchased a house. Is there any kind of pattern which could lead us to who sold our phone numbers.