07 chevy malibu / bad gas censor

1 10710 camden drive #2aCamby, IN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 317-938-6792

In Oct. 2009 I took a lump sum out of my retirement fund to pay cash for a 2007 Malibu. I don't make a lot of money because i was laid off from my job and I found another job at walmart and I couldn't afford a car note. The gas censor is gone out on the Malibu and it is going to cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $475 to fix this car. I didn't have enough money to buy an extended warranty but on a car of three years old I really shouldn't have to. The car had low mileage and in very good condition. I was penalized for taking the money out of my retirement account but I had no choice and I an still paying the penalty on my taxes. I work 22 miles from my job an there is no bus service out here where I live, so I did what I felt I had to do. I keep the maintenance up on my car. I would like to know is there anyway I can get this car fixed cheaper than 4 or 5 hundred dollars which I can't afford. Mayby there was a defect in the original gas censor which made it go out this soon. I would like to know is there anything you can do to help me. I need my job but I can't afford the repair bill. On a car of three years old I don't feel the gas censor should not have gone bad. Thank You for listening to my complaint and I pray you can help some kind of way.

Comments

• Sh
      18th of Dec, 2010

You may want to see if there is a junk yard around who can pull this part from a wrecked or damaged vehicle and you may be able to get it for cheaper. The labor will still cost you and unfortunatley without that extended warranty you are not going to get it for alot cheaper than the 400-500 you quoted. So Sorry :(

• Sh

• Bi
      18th of Dec, 2010

Is this sensor the Oxygen sensor( 02 sensor) or the gas gauge sensor which indicates how much fuel you have in the tank? If its just the gas gauge that doesnt function correctly you could set your trip meter and calculate how many MPG your car can go before running out of gas.If you could provide more info about the sensor it would be helpful in solving your problem.