The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved College Book Renter — FAIL - extra stress for college
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
There motto is "College is Expensive Enough" and it's true that college books are ridiculously expensive. College Book Renter is over $250 cheaper than my college book store and about $100 cheaper than the next cheapest college text book renter store.
I don't know how long they've been in business but any college text book renting store should know and prepare in advance for the college rush. They should know that professors don't list out required books until 2 weeks before a semester. Apparently they FAILED in this department as I've been trying to communicate with them over unreceived books.
I don't think it worth saving a few hundred dollars over the stress this has caused. Listed are the problems I've had with them.
1. Web account does not show when books are sent, unlike their competitor chegg.com that includes tracking info.
2. Their 866 number goes to a full voice mail box.
3. They don't respond to their emails online, instead they had a FaceBook page that HAD a ratings page, which incidentally only had bad reviews from students a week prior to the start of a semester schedule. They've taken down links of their FB page from their website as well as the ratings page from their FB profile. (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1307834812)
4. Surprisingly, CSR contacted me only after posting a bad rating on their FB page. But now that the ratings page is removed, not sure how else to contact these people.
5. Do not ship to the correct address. They fail to understand that a unit # listed is part of the address and should not be left out. For books they don't keep in stock from there warehouse, they out source it to third party service companies. Well they didn't manage to relay the correct shipping address to these third party companies and they themselves didn't ship with the correct address resulting in our mail man thinking we're too dumb to know our own address (the unit address of our condo was left out from each of the shipping packages sent by CBR and their third party sources). The post office shipped back some packages and those had to be reshipped and the others that made it through the mail man was nice enough to leave for us even though he left an unpleasant note asking us to remember our unit number.
6. Three weeks since we ordered our books, we're still missing one book. Week 2 is about to begin.
The only pro was that one of the books they didn't have in stock they refunded the money + shipping of that book right away, like within days of our initial order. Other than that their motto should be "College is stressful enough, what's a little more stress?"
Better service would have helped this situation a lot more. Will not use them ever again and will never recommend them either.