Coffee Mate Liquid CreamerCoffee Mate Formula Change

D

Coffee Mate has changed their formula to a nasty chemical tasting blend. They used to be the best, but when you write them, they acknowledge the issue but don't say if they're going to change back to the original formula.

• Je
    jenni King Feb 06, 2009

They taste fine to me, im sure they had a good reason for changing the formula. Did you ask why they changed it?

• Bm
    bms Feb 21, 2009

i totally agree! they've added more sodium to the non fat and it leaves a bitter aftertaste...bring back the regular non fat french vanilla!!

• Nl
    NLP Mar 07, 2009

100% agree, I send them an e-mail back in December here is what they wrote back to me on Dec. 11th:

Thank you for providing us with your feedback.

We recently made a slight change to our formula. This change was not intended to result in any difference in the taste of the product. However, we do realize that some consumers are noticing a difference.

Your opinion is very important to us as a valued, loyal Coffee-mate consumer, and we are committed to providing you with the best tasting and highest quality products. We are currently working to resolve this issue as quickly as we can and would be happy to follow up with you when we have more information to share.

We appreciate your patience and your loyalty.

In the meantime, we encourage you to try some other Coffee-mate products.

Sincerely,
    Beverly Watson
    Consumer Response Representative

Mandy C. Mar 14, 2009

I am deeply disappointed that they chose to change the formula. I have been a BIG fan for years. This morning I was looking forward to my coffee and opened a new container of the Sugar Free French Vanilla. YUCK!!! What a let down. I will now have to try the "other" company's version of this...which I remember not liking as much as Nestle's but what choice do I have now????

• Fe
    felicia014 Mar 15, 2009

I have noticed the after taste in the Cinnamon Vanilla and the Italian Sweet Cream. But the Cinnamon Bun I recently purchased doesn't have the problem. Of course it could be pre-formulation change, as it had a foil closure as well. I sure hope the new plastic closures aren't using a lubricant or something that is creating the off-taste

• As
    ASW123 Dec 09, 2010

I agree! I noticed a difference right away with the Original low fat and their fat free -ick! Bring back the original formula, please!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices