CodelockeScam

S

Today, 5/16/16, this company scammed me. I was using my Apple computer and a pop up came up saying that my computer had been hacked and there was detected malware. I was not able to close the pop-up on Safari but was given a phone number to call to fix this. When I called the phone number, the person answering the phone said they were Apple and would be checking my computer to see what the issue was. They "found" that I was hacked by Russians and my identity and all of my banking information had been stolen. They transferred me to a 3rd company business called "Codelocke" who claimed I had to act now before more of my identity wass stolen. They pretty much used scare tactics on me and took advantage of my lack of computer knowledge. Codelocke billed me for 249.99 to put up a fire wall and add addition security on my computer. The problem was, there was nothing even wrong with my computer. After getting off the phone with Codelocke, I called Apple directly and Apple told me I was just part of a scam. I called Codelocke and got my money back, but not without arguing on the phone for 30 minutes and threatening a lawsuit. Codelocke claimed that they did not know anything about the popup on my computer or the man claiming he was an Apple representative that transferred me to him at Codelocke. The truth is, this is how this company does business. They are directly affiliated with the pop-ups as well as the companies that transfer to them. Be careful of this phone number [protected].