Coastaletech.comNavigation enhancement kit

B

In the fall of 2007, I ordered a "Navigation Enhancement kit" from
Coastal Electronics Technologies.
My order was with the understanding that the product had yet to be
released, but that I could expect it to arrive within 6 weeks.
I was willing to accept this delay, and waited patiently until
February of 2008.

After noticing a credit card charge from Coastal in my online
statement, I assumed the product would be shipped immediately.
Instead, after waiting an additional 2 weeks, I noticed that the
charge had been reversed.

Repeated emails to their customer service address listed on their
website resulted in no response. I did get one smug email from
someone named Paula stating that the only email I had sent was a year
ago. Unfortunately, the quoted email wasn't even pertaining to the
current order, but to a previous order that had been fulfilled. When
I responded that the quoted email pertained to a previous order and
that I was still awaiting a response regarding the current order, I
was met with only silence.

It seems clear that these folks strategy is to simply ignore
customers for whom they don't have a reasonable answer. They seem to
have adopted the same strategy regarding their phone line. It always
falls to voice-mail where you are asked to send an email to support
(the same address that can't seem to respond to emails)

Personally, I do not recall ever having experienced a more insulting
and unprofessional encounter with a so-called business.

• Br
    BradG Jul 29, 2009

I have had the same experience with coastal. They sold me a module for my 2010 Prius, that they knew had never been proven to work in my car. I spent $300.00 to have it installed and it didn't work. Then no response to e-mails, no apologies when i did get through and then a refusal to do anything about it. Their main support guy Brett was either indifferent or a total ###.

• Dh
    dhaumesser Sep 15, 2009

Same experience with their Customer Service. Indifferent, insulting and generally not concerned with the customer who just purchased their product. I ordered the LockPick along with the minicam221 to face forward. The LockPick came but nothing else. After a call to them, a guy rudely told me it was back ordered and offered to cancel the order. I politely said I didn't mind waiting as long as it showed up. The camera did show a couple weeks later but with no documentation whatsoever and I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out how the mirroring function works. They won't answere their email and the same rude guy on the phone simply tells me its in the documentation (which I didn't get).

BTW, if anyone has the documentation for this camera I'd sure love to see it.

[protected]@gmail.com

• Mi
    mike149 Oct 19, 2009

Just had there lockpick installed in a 2010 ford with the hard drive. Found out you have to do several things to get the video to work...what they didn't tell me was the fact that when the video is on the gps does not work...so forget about setting a route and watching a movie. the gps is off. Need to have this thing removed..but when I call them I get the same answering machine or an answering service. I am done working with this company..

• Gm
    gman4321 Jul 21, 2010

I to have had a negative experience with these guys. I recently tried to purchase a nav lock pick aswell as a ipod lock pick and the web site kept comming back saying my billing information did not mach my credit card info, So after a few repeated calls to the bank to clear this up aswell as a few more tries on there website more like 10 tries( check spelling, address, numbers etc) same thing comes up "An error has ocurred billing info dose not match credit card info blah blah blah... then 2 days later I get a call from my credit card cmpany asking about suspicious avtivity on my card, Well turns out every time I tried the website and got that message it acctually went through, so I was charged $4000 dollars by time my credit card company noticed. So after a bunch of calls to visa and coastal what was put on my card was pre authorizations, fine how ever it still ties up my card and I cant use it till appox 7 days when they just drop off. Well I was fortunate enough to have a great rep from Visa confrence call Coastal to get a merchant number aswell as authorization numbers and they would make these charges dissapear instantly, Unfortunatly some [censor] named Brett did not want to give the merchant number, And after talking to the Visa gal she said she has never encountered a company not willing to give the Merchant number, And this has raised a red flag with Visa. So be carfull with these guys...and do yourself a favour and dont order from there website. Horrible customer service.

Funny thing is if they made these pre authrizations go away I was still willing to go through with my original order...not now

• Bu
    buffs Mar 04, 2011

Glad I found this site before I placed my order. Called them yesterday to ask a couple questions and the guy was indifferent and rude, treated me like I was an idiot. And this was before they had my money!

• Us
    Uster May 12, 2011

Do not purchase products from the website. If something goes wrong during the installation, they will not support their product and will blame the installation, not the product itself.

I had a qualified car electrician install a lockpick system that shorted and burned out my NAV screen. Coastaletech refuses to take ownership. They refuse to believe that their product is defective and therefor it must be the installation.

• Sh
    Shannon Stayton Jun 16, 2016

I am a dealer for them & have one in my personal vehicle. I've been using it for 6 months now with no problems until recently. As a dealer, I can't reach anyone but their answering service. I've been calling every day for 4 days now! They don't care about their product, customer's, or especially any kind of CUSTOMER SERVICE!! Someone else out there should remake another version of the lockpick and put them out of business since they don't give a damn about anything or anyone!!