CoachOnline order

R Jun 05, 2020

I ordered a handbag online. When it arrived I was not happy with it as there were a couple of manufacturing faults. I tried to arrange a return. I ordered another bag to replace the faulty one. Coach use DPD for their online orders which are sent from The Netherlands. DPD are not currently accepting return parcels due to the coronavirus pandemic. I contacted Coach to ask how I could return my faulty bag and they said you can't until DPD opens again. I asked if I could use another carrier and they said no. They have extended their return period from 30 to 60 days. My problem is that I paid for the bags on my credit card so the delay in returning the faulty one will incur interest each month. I understand that it is not Coach's fault that DPD are not accepting returns but if I had known that before I would not have placed any orders with Coach. There is nothing on the website about this problem with DPD and all the information about returns only states that they've extended the return period to 60 days. Nowhere does it state that they cannot accept returns at all. The customer service representative said others had complained that this should be on the website but still nothing has changed! I am now stuck with 2 bags, £700 on my credit card clocking up interest and no idea when I'll be able to return the bags.