Cmg Freeshippingpotential fraud

NOTE: I'm re-posting this since my other complaint was filed under "CMG Free Shipping" with a space between the last two words... Re-post just in case people don't search this company's name under both ways of writing it...

Ok, so the company CMG Freeshipping.com charged $83.88 to my account. I freaked a bit when I visited this site and found other people confused by the same thing, the same charge amount. I did a little digging and found that I inadvertently signed up for an "Insiders-Club" membership after placing an order on Proflowers.com. The charge was a yearly subscription fee from a company called Clarus Marketing Group (CMG).

Since this transaction was still in the "pending" stages, I was able to called CMG and have them cancel my membership and refund my account. They sent me a confirmation email saying that it would take 2-5 days for the refund to be posted. That was today, 3/31/09. If you've received a suspicious charge like this and the transaction is still pending and you do not want to receive this service, call [protected] or go to www.clarusmarketing.com

Marilyn Mar 24, 2009

This company used my credit card number to make two purchases.

• Ba
    BatteryJuice Mar 27, 2009

I don't know what CMG is but they found my credit card info & charged me $88

• Ka
    kaishan Mar 27, 2009

anyone else notice the fascination with 88 between all these grant scam, acai berry, teeth whitening etc problems?

being told you'll receive a refund in 88 days.. or have to wait 88 days to cancel.. or charging $44 oneday then the very next.. $44 .. (44+44=88) its weird

someone is making an absolute fortune.

• Jt
    JT Harris Mar 28, 2009

I have no idea what this company is or what it does, but it took $83.88 out of my account without my authorization!!! I

• Do
    downt26 Mar 30, 2009

JT did you get your money back in your account after you caught the unauthorized taking of your money?

• Ca
    cautious Apr 03, 2009

they got my credit card numbers from proflowers. total charges were 98.88.scam?

Specialsis Apr 06, 2009

I was also charged $83.88 from CMG free shipping. I emailed the company, my bank and Pro Flowers.com (from which I believe the problem started). I received an email back from CMG saying they would refund my money, but I will wait to see when that happens. In the meantime I am going to contact the BBB also.

• Lk
    LKJM Apr 06, 2009

This is the 2nd charge I've had on my credit card after ordering from ProFlowers.com.
    I called CMG and they were great about removing this charge from my credit card.

Specialsis Apr 06, 2009

I am curious if any people with complaints against CMG free shipping ever actually got their money back.

• Bl
    BLH Apr 07, 2009

I had the same experience as ExGentleman and LKJM. They were very easy to work with regarding reimbursement of the membership fee, but I only spoke with them on the phone today and have not yet been formally reimbursed. If you are here, then you have likely already been baited by the free shipping advertisement on ProFlowers.com, but beware that the free trial period is only in the first 30 days.

Specialsis Apr 08, 2009

Surprisingly, I did get almost a full refund from Free Shipping.com. It was $1.61 short and I'm not going to press my luck to find out why. I will accept that amount!

• Vi
    Vivek Apr 14, 2009

This is horrible, they did not mention any membership charged Freeshipping thing cost me money also

• Bj
    BJ Vance Apr 14, 2009

This "service" is a ###. I simply thought I was going to get free shipping on my Proflowers order. Wrongggg! This is the second sneaky scam connected with Proflowers that I've experienced. The other was Reservation Rewards which I did not want. I shall be reporting this to the General Attorney's office for investigation as to your scruples. I'm sure you'll say it's all above board and it may be legal but the sneaky way it's done is dispicable

• Bj
    BJ Vance Apr 14, 2009

fjkd'ajdisaa

Marcia Yanz Apr 21, 2009

I had the identical experience of receiving a charge of $83.88 on my VISA bill. I immediately called to have the fraudulent charge removed and they said I will receive a "prorated" refund of $80.89 in 2-5 days. In no way did I inadvertently sign up for this "free shipping" service when ordering flowers from ProFlowers.com. What does it take to stop scams like this?

• Do
    Donna Apr 22, 2009

How does one contact CMG Free Shipping?

Donna

• Ke
    Kevin Apr 23, 2009

Never order from Proflower.com again. Not only CMC free shipping charged $83.88 but also Easy Saver charged $14.95/month.

• Dn
    D Nunnelley May 13, 2009

I don't understand by Pro Flowers would be involved in a scam like this. I did give notice and request a refund but I will wait to see if I get it before I'm satisfied. I'll never do business with ProFlowers again.

• Dm
    D. Martinez May 15, 2009

I myself was overwhelmed to receive a charge from CMG on my bank statement. I notified the bank of this $83.88 charge. I do think it is a scam. I also ordered flowers from Pro Flowers. I did notify CMG and Pro Flowers I wanted my money refunded. The bank stated they would fill out a card fraud affidavit. 5/15
    D. Martinez

jacburn May 21, 2009

I am now contacting the BBB to attempt to get my money back. They billed me for 3 months and will not refund me the money. They did cancel the service.

diane May 31, 2009

OMG!!! I just found that charge on my May credit card bill! I called the number, and they will not refund the whole amount, but $76 of it, since it was pro-rated from March (which is when I sent an order from Pro-Flowers). I think I'll bend Pro-Flowers to get rid of this business...

• Cp
    CPW Jun 01, 2009

Same thing just happened here. My wife ordered something from Red Envelope and one month later a charge for $83.88 posted on June 1st. Called their customer service and they said she signed up for it but I think they tricked her in to signing up for it. Anyway they credited the amount back at a prorated amount of $83.65. Do they prorate this my the second or something? CROOKS!

andrew2382 Jun 07, 2009

people really need to read the terms and conditions before they sign up for stuff...its your own stupidity...its clearly outlined in it.

Everyone ignores the blue link that says terms and conditions and no one ever reads them

diane Jun 07, 2009

Andrew,

Have you seen the advertisement for the Insider's Club? There are no details regarding a yearly fee; I just confirmed this. By the way, I clicked the link the first time. I usually look for a catch for any offer.

In addition, before you start throwing the S bomb, consider how you are perceived when you use the grammar you used in your post...

andrew2382 Jun 07, 2009

funny, I went on the website and clicked on the thing that said TERMS AND CONDITIONS and in 3 seconds I found the following:

MEMBERSHIP FEE

The membership fee will be the amount agreed at the time of your enrollment, and will automatically be billed to your designated credit or debit card account on the terms described. The amount of future IC Membership fees will be established by IC, and may change within its discretion and without notice. IC shall not be responsible for any fees charged to your designated credit or debit card account by the issuer, bank or financial institution; including, but not limited to overdraft, insufficient funds and over credit limit fees.

RENEWALS

Unless you notify IC that you do not wish to renew your membership, IC will automatically renew your membership at the end of each term and bill the then current renewal fee to the card your original membership fee was billed to, or to the card we currently have on our files without your having to do anything further. IC subscribes to a third party service that can refresh expired credit card or debit card information so that your membership does not lapse because the registered card(s) on file with IC has expired ("Account Updater"). By joining IC, you consent to IC's disclosure of your registration information to this third party service and to that service's use of such information solely in connection with Account Updater. You also consent to IC's receipt and use of updated credit card or debit card account information from your financial institution in connection with payment for your membership service.

so like I said, its a shame people get suckered into it, but in the end it's their own fault because they don't read the ToS. Also, thank you Grammar Nazi, but at least I know how to read a ToS before getting suckered into it.

diane Jun 07, 2009

Ummm...where did you read the yearly fee? Sounds like you're in the tank for CMG.

andrew2382 Jun 08, 2009

I am not in the tank for them...My wife got suckered into it and thats how I came across these boards when I googled it, and I told her the same thing I am telling you.

READ THE TOS

RENEWALS

Are you bad at reading comp that you can't see thats a yearly fee?

diane Jun 08, 2009

You missed my point...no surprise there...

diane Jun 08, 2009

Where do you read$83.88????

• Cp
    CPW Jun 08, 2009

After speaking with my wife she said she knew about the montly fee but forgot to cancel it. But as far as how much the fee was she didnt have a clue and I couldnt find it either. This is deceptive because if they would have listed $83.88, most people would make sure they cancel it. By not listing the fee people are more likely to forget about it as my wife did. I will say this, when I called them to cancel the service they were very nice and the credit appeared the very next day. Prorating the charge is a racket IMO but they probably need to pay all the people that have to answer the phones to cancel their service. My guess is they prorate for .115 cents an hour and I used 2 hours.

Maggieblueyes Jun 19, 2009

I too, am still getting charges for something that I never agreed to. I have sent Proflowers a very nasty email letting them know how appauled I am that they would promote such a scam and cause their customers so much gried. I will never, EVER use Proflowers again.

Make sure when and if you do cancel this you, not only call CMG, but EZ Saver too. That number is [protected]. This will be ANOTHER charge that was hiden with the information for free shipping rebate with Proflowers.

• Mi
    Minnie Griffin Jun 25, 2009

I was also billed by CMC Freeshipping and Easy Saver. Now I find that it was because I ordered flowers through ProFlowers. Won't do that again. Proflowers said I would get free shipping was I was charged for shipping and now I'm getting other chargers I never authorized. Called my credit card company and had them removed I am also canceling my credit card so no other charges can be made.

• Ba
    babyblueyes010 Jun 25, 2009

I just had the same issue as everyone else one this website. My account was charge 83.88$ with no warning. I called Freeshiping.com at [protected] and talked with someone there. They knew excatly what I was talking about and the lady was very pleasant. She said that it is a 6.99$ per month charge if you do not cancel your member ship after the 30 day free trial BUT sometimes the account holder gets charged the $83.88 for the year because that is what $6.99 x 12 would be. I told her I did not want this and I wanted to cancel my account with a refund. She did this very quickly and I said my account would be credited around $75 because I used the service for a total of one month and a few days after my free trial was over. I received an email conformation within seconds of this phone call.
    Just wanted to let everyone know what the deal is...

• Ri
    Richard L Hood Jul 07, 2009

I ordered two different orders of flower and got inadvertently signed up for free shipping. I had 9.97 taken out of my checking account. I called them and they credited my account on one day and took it back out on the second day. So buyers beware they will take it out and have absolutely no regrets.

• Mi
    MI_pissed Jul 08, 2009

I ordered from pro flowers and was unaware that I was signing up for them to take money out of my account every month. I called and sent messages and they continued to charge my account. Now it has been cancelled but they refuse to refund any money!

• Ze
    ZeroDebt Jul 15, 2009

Same thing just occurred with my credit card. Two very positive things were achieved by calling them back. My money was refunded to my card in full and I decided to rid of the other problem, Bank of America. They were unwilling to understand the oversight and harassed me for being late 3 days instead of rescinding the fees. They will be history by tomorrow (with a zero balance). Just another credit card I will NOT ever need!

• Ze
    ZeroDebt Jul 16, 2009

Also, with a refund, prepare to wait 2-5 business days to see your funds. They're fairly understanding about returning your money, however, I think they run completely on people who don't check their account statements closely. In fact, when asked about the transaction, the representatives almost appear like their "guilty" and at fault. Good luck everyone.

• Sl
    SLS Aug 06, 2009

I have discovered the same problem on my credit card with pro-flowers. Today I noticed a company CMG.Shipping has been charging our account 9.97 and EZ rewards has been charging our account 14.95 and both are saying this was something we signed up for. I am going to handle this the legal way. I probably will spend more money on an attorney than this is worth but it is the principle on how Pro Flowers is allowing this to happen and I do agree this is a scam and attention should be brought toward Pro Flowers. I appreciate everyone sharing this information because I would never have thought it happened to others.

• Sg
    SGuzman55 Aug 28, 2009

the first number posted by ExGentleman was a sort of success i was able to call & "prevent future charges" on my card but these people wouldnt refund the money that had been billed without me noticing.. i think i learned my lesson.. no more proflowers! :( this is so sad & after having read most of these comments i see it happened to many people.. which makes it even sadder:/

• Rb
    rbarnes Sep 14, 2009

CONTACT INFO FOR THIS SCAMMING COMPANY IS [protected]...I JUST CALLED THEM MYSELF AND [censor]ED THEM OUT...THE GIRL I TALKED TO TOLD ME IT WAS SOMETHING I SIGNED UP FOR IN 2007!!! SHE WAS GOING ON AND ON ABOUT HOW I AUTHORIZED WHATEVER...YEAH AUTHORIZED IN A WAY THAT THEY MADE VERY SNEAKY...MY EXACT WORDS TO HER WERE "JUST SHUT UP AND CANCEL WHATEVER THIS IS"...I SAID THIS IS A SCAM AND SHE INSISTED IT WAS NOT...I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH THEM CAN YOU TELL?...I AM SO FRIGGIN MAD AND IF I FIND A WAY TO PRESS CHARGES I AM GOING TO.