Cmg Freeshippingpotential fraud

NOTE: I'm re-posting this since my other complaint was filed under "CMG Free Shipping" with a space between the last two words... Re-post just in case people don't search this company's name under both ways of writing it...

Ok, so the company CMG Freeshipping.com charged $83.88 to my account. I freaked a bit when I visited this site and found other people confused by the same thing, the same charge amount. I did a little digging and found that I inadvertently signed up for an "Insiders-Club" membership after placing an order on Proflowers.com. The charge was a yearly subscription fee from a company called Clarus Marketing Group (CMG).

Since this transaction was still in the "pending" stages, I was able to called CMG and have them cancel my membership and refund my account. They sent me a confirmation email saying that it would take 2-5 days for the refund to be posted. That was today, 3/31/09. If you've received a suspicious charge like this and the transaction is still pending and you do not want to receive this service, call [protected] or go to www.clarusmarketing.com

• El
    elfi relth May 21, 2014

There w 90.00 as nothing in the beginning saying that it will be charged to my credit card and $90.00 is not free!!
    This kind of deceiving needs to stop.

• Ca
    Catherine Ratliff Jan 15, 2011

I got caught, too. I certainly do not remember signing up for this. "CMG Free Shipping" has been charging my credit card monthly all last year when I had health problems and was simply scanning my credit card statement, and "free shipping" was such an innocuous term, and I did not recall it from month to month to see the pattern. Scam Artists and Frauds.

• Em
    Emily_Ramirez Nov 30, 2010

Same here!! this happened for a while!

• Em
    Emily_Ramirez Nov 30, 2010

I am getting charged for something I have never even touched. I dont even know how they got my information!

• Hr
    hrethel Aug 30, 2010

Some of these posts go back a ways, but the scam is still ongoing. I just noticed a charge for 11.97 on my checking account. I have used proflowers also, so this may be where I got suckered in.

As far as Terms of Service goes, I do read those if it is something I want to try or evaluate. However, at no time was I presented with anything as straightforward as an actual opt-in for freeshipping.com, much less an opportunity to look at a ToS.

I just called the number listed above [protected]), and someone actually answered and promised a refund since I had not tried to claim any rebates with them. We'll see.

• Th
    Theologian Jun 04, 2010

Random charge. $98. Disputed. Credit card company rep called them and even my credit card rep said the operator 'talked fast, didn't give specfiics, just said - they bought flowers with this card and they created a membership a year ago so I'll now cancel and credit only this recent charge'.

Wouldn't you know it - I checked my statement from one year ago and there it is - a fraud charge from them I missed - for $88. Only days after using Proflowers.com

I'm never buying from ProFlowers.com again. I'm only speaking poorly against them based on their association with theft/fraudulent billing and if there's a class action suit, I expect at least a few bucks of my $88 back one day.

• Cm
    CMG FREE SHIPPING RIP OFF Apr 18, 2010

WATCH OUT FOR CMG FREE SHIPPING!!! These guys get you to accept a $10 reebate which signs you up for their yearly membership. This year's charge was $93.88, and I guess I paid $83 last year. IF YOU HAVE EVER USED PRO FLOWERS OR ANOTHER FREE SHIPPING, CHECK YOUR RECORDS. There are so many complaints about these guys, I don't know how they stay in business.

• Ba
    Barbara in Arkansas Apr 12, 2010

I did not order anything from Pro-flowers but I did recieve a charge from CMGfreeshipping of $83.88 and on the advise of one of these complaints I called the toll free 3 and they said I will get a refund in 2-5 days. I explained that i didn't have the money in my account and I was afraid it would overdraw me and she said to call my bank. I told her that there were alot of complaints on the web about this charge and she said she was aware of that (she sounded like she was tired of hearing about it and was very nice about the whole thing). I called my bank prior to looking the info up online and I would have to cancell my card and pay for a stop payment on this charge in order to have them take the charge of. I hope some of the complaints reach someone who can do something to this CMG.

thanks for the help
    Barbara in Arkansas

• Up
    upset in fl Apr 10, 2010

college age son's debit card used to purchase flowers Valentine's Day 2009 from PROFLOWERS.COM
    JUST realized that 2 companies EASY SAVER and CMG*FREE SHIPPING are scamming his account associated w/ this flower purchase each month for a bogus "membership". NONE WAS EVER AUTHORIZED.
    Bank has been notified and fraud charges have been filed, fraud case opened. ALSO will contact Atty General in states these companies are doing business from (MD & PA), as well as my home state of FL.
    LET EVERYONE YOU KNOW NOT TO EVER, EVER DO BUSINESS WITH PRO FLOWERS.COM (They allow anyone to become one of their, so called, associates without fully checking them out.) THEY ARE ALL THIEVES.

• Sy
    Sylvia J Mar 28, 2010

I completely agree. The exact same thing happened to me on Vista printing.

MayaS Mar 28, 2010

I purchased gifts through Red Envelop and ProFlowers unaware that doing so you sign up for this FreeShipping Insiders Club. They did NOT make it obvious!!! Visit https://www.freeshipping.com/memberLogin.asp and go to Member Services and CANCEL today. I've never used any of the so-called "BENEFITS" of the Insider's Club service! Rip off!!!

• Su
    suckflowers Mar 23, 2010

Random charge on my credit card. Apparently my information was given to them by ProFlowers. I contacted CMG at the phone number listed above. They had claimed that I had signed up for their membership, filling out a two page form...NEVER happened. I told them I wanted to cancel this membership immediately and that if I would be disputing the charge to my account. I had made only one purchase from ProFlowers and will NEVER use them EVER again. I found my "membership" at Proflowers and deleted what info I have, but this is highly disturbing. The purchase I made from Proflowers was from more than one year ago and the credit card used is now expired. Although if you happen on this site it is probably too late, nonetheless- STAY AWAY FROM PROFLOWERS.COM!!!

• Kt
    KTBAEOHANA Jan 26, 2010

CHARGE $83.88 BUT MADE ME PAY CHARGE ME $17

• Kt
    KTBAEOHANA Jan 26, 2010

I DID THE SAME THING ORDER ON REPAIR CLINIC FOR PART CHARGE FOR SHIPPING THEN FREE SHIPPING WENT ON THOUGHT ABOUT BUT CHANGE MIND PAY FOR SHIPPING, NEXT THING I KNOW, I'M CHARGE FOR FREE SHIPPING CALL AND WAS TOLD I HAVE TO READ BUT GET THIS THERE CHARGE ME $1. DOLLAR .

• N6
    n6miw Jan 24, 2010

Call [protected] CMG Free Shipping. They billed me too just for buying flowers from Proflowers.com Free shipping?! $90.00 isn't free! If you call them they can reverse the charge, it takes a few days. The representative that answered the phone had an attitude, "didn't you read the terms and conditions?" Who reads terms and conditions anymore with companies you trust? They did reverse the charge and sent me a receipt via email. I am beyond pissed off regardless. No more Proflowers.

• N6
    n6miw Jan 24, 2010

I am disappointed with Proflowers. I sent many bouquets to my family and ended up getting caught up in the CMG Free Shipping racket- freeshipping.com. $90.00!? That's not free! and I don't use their service. I have to admit they answered their phone on a Sunday and promised to refund the money, even sent me a receipt. Being a computer geek, I tend to agree to terms and conditions. They are taking advantage of people that trust the company they are dealing with. No more Proflowers for me! Too bad, my grandmother liked their bouquets.

• Mm
    m munroe Jan 17, 2010

was charged 83.95 for services not rendered nor wanted. please reverse these charges.

• Sy
    Sylvia J. Wilson Jan 10, 2010

Ouch! I got caught, but not again. I appreciate the postings as I was slow to get on top of this and got snagged for one month of nonsense but at least I was able to stop it before it spread. When I signed up for this I thought it was through Vista Print not a separate company. I never received the rebate for shipping I claimed. Just another scam to put on my list to watch for.
    I will pass the word on my facebook.

• Ka
    Kathy Bixler Dec 30, 2009

On my checking account statement there was a charge of 95.88 for ?????? I have no clue what this is. Charged by free shipping cmg #670919 c [protected]

andyjl Dec 05, 2009

When my husband ordered flowers through proflowers.com back in May, he had no idea that by selecting 'refund on shipping charges' that he was signing up for a membership to whatever. He thought it was a special deal by the flower business. We'll be more aware of shady online businesses. And, of course, we didn't realize the monthly charge until we paid off our credit card.

• Ru
    Rusta Nov 23, 2009

Thankyou for posting these. This happened to me and I did get the full refund. The salesman was very ignorant no the phone but did say they would refund the $59.82. No more ProFlowers for us.

• Go
    Gonnagetitright Nov 01, 2009

I just listed my complaint about being charged $83.88 for a service I did not know about. My spouse signed up not knowing exactly what it is. It could be a good thing if you research it and do alot of online shopping. Anyways, we call the company and they credited our credit card and were very professional, courteous, and understanding. If you run into this problem, I am sure you will be treated well.

• Dj
    DJKD1112 Oct 11, 2009

I called CMG and spoke with "Eva #86"...she was RUDE and absolutely refused to reimburse any monies taken on my Visa card. I informed her that my husband is an attorney and that I have read numerous complaints on line about their shady business dealings in taking money from unsuspecting people. She did "cancel" their service and I received an email from CMG right away (cancelling their "service") - which we DID NOT sign up for. I wrote back to their customer service center and infomed them that we were going to sue them if we did not receive a FULL REIMBURSEMENT (I did not refer to the monies wrongfully taken as a "refund"). Within the hour, I received an email from CMG Customer Service stating that I would have a FULL REFUND of all monies taken with in 3 to 5 days. My card was credited the entire amount taken the next day. I also wrote to ProFlowers and informed them of the situation and informed them that I am holding them totally responsible for the situation. ProFlowers customer services emailed me back and followed through, making sure that I was fully reimburses. I then informed ProFlowers that I would NEVER use their service again and that I would inform EVERYONE I know about these wrongful charges to my credit card.

Best of luck to all of you!

• Ka
    Kathy24!! Oct 05, 2009

just got off the phone with the scamming company at [protected] and same story, we signed up for this when my husband ordered flowers from Proflowers. We never signed up for the "free shipping" but then we also found other charges that stem from this...CMG.Freeshipping, Easy Saver, Complete Savings, all things that we NEVER SIGNED UP FOR!!! Freeshipping will not refund us so now what????!!! We did get a refund from Easy Saver and Complete savings will look into it. Sure they will! Also be carefully with ordering online with pizza hut, we also signed up for something that we didn't want. If anyone finds a way to get a refund from CMG.Freeshipping please let me know. I will never order anything online again!!! THANKS PROFLOWERS FOR SCAMMING US OUT OF OUR HARD EARNED MONEY!!!

• Rb
    rbarnes Sep 14, 2009

CONTACT INFO FOR THIS SCAMMING COMPANY IS [protected]...I JUST CALLED THEM MYSELF AND [censor]ED THEM OUT...THE GIRL I TALKED TO TOLD ME IT WAS SOMETHING I SIGNED UP FOR IN 2007!!! SHE WAS GOING ON AND ON ABOUT HOW I AUTHORIZED WHATEVER...YEAH AUTHORIZED IN A WAY THAT THEY MADE VERY SNEAKY...MY EXACT WORDS TO HER WERE "JUST SHUT UP AND CANCEL WHATEVER THIS IS"...I SAID THIS IS A SCAM AND SHE INSISTED IT WAS NOT...I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH THEM CAN YOU TELL?...I AM SO FRIGGIN MAD AND IF I FIND A WAY TO PRESS CHARGES I AM GOING TO.

• Sg
    SGuzman55 Aug 28, 2009

the first number posted by ExGentleman was a sort of success i was able to call & "prevent future charges" on my card but these people wouldnt refund the money that had been billed without me noticing.. i think i learned my lesson.. no more proflowers! :( this is so sad & after having read most of these comments i see it happened to many people.. which makes it even sadder:/

• Sl
    SLS Aug 06, 2009

I have discovered the same problem on my credit card with pro-flowers. Today I noticed a company CMG.Shipping has been charging our account 9.97 and EZ rewards has been charging our account 14.95 and both are saying this was something we signed up for. I am going to handle this the legal way. I probably will spend more money on an attorney than this is worth but it is the principle on how Pro Flowers is allowing this to happen and I do agree this is a scam and attention should be brought toward Pro Flowers. I appreciate everyone sharing this information because I would never have thought it happened to others.

• Ze
    ZeroDebt Jul 16, 2009

Also, with a refund, prepare to wait 2-5 business days to see your funds. They're fairly understanding about returning your money, however, I think they run completely on people who don't check their account statements closely. In fact, when asked about the transaction, the representatives almost appear like their "guilty" and at fault. Good luck everyone.

• Ze
    ZeroDebt Jul 15, 2009

Same thing just occurred with my credit card. Two very positive things were achieved by calling them back. My money was refunded to my card in full and I decided to rid of the other problem, Bank of America. They were unwilling to understand the oversight and harassed me for being late 3 days instead of rescinding the fees. They will be history by tomorrow (with a zero balance). Just another credit card I will NOT ever need!

• Mi
    MI_pissed Jul 08, 2009

I ordered from pro flowers and was unaware that I was signing up for them to take money out of my account every month. I called and sent messages and they continued to charge my account. Now it has been cancelled but they refuse to refund any money!

• Ri
    Richard L Hood Jul 07, 2009

I ordered two different orders of flower and got inadvertently signed up for free shipping. I had 9.97 taken out of my checking account. I called them and they credited my account on one day and took it back out on the second day. So buyers beware they will take it out and have absolutely no regrets.

• Ba
    babyblueyes010 Jun 25, 2009

I just had the same issue as everyone else one this website. My account was charge 83.88$ with no warning. I called Freeshiping.com at [protected] and talked with someone there. They knew excatly what I was talking about and the lady was very pleasant. She said that it is a 6.99$ per month charge if you do not cancel your member ship after the 30 day free trial BUT sometimes the account holder gets charged the $83.88 for the year because that is what $6.99 x 12 would be. I told her I did not want this and I wanted to cancel my account with a refund. She did this very quickly and I said my account would be credited around $75 because I used the service for a total of one month and a few days after my free trial was over. I received an email conformation within seconds of this phone call.
    Just wanted to let everyone know what the deal is...

• Mi
    Minnie Griffin Jun 25, 2009

I was also billed by CMC Freeshipping and Easy Saver. Now I find that it was because I ordered flowers through ProFlowers. Won't do that again. Proflowers said I would get free shipping was I was charged for shipping and now I'm getting other chargers I never authorized. Called my credit card company and had them removed I am also canceling my credit card so no other charges can be made.

Maggieblueyes Jun 19, 2009

I too, am still getting charges for something that I never agreed to. I have sent Proflowers a very nasty email letting them know how appauled I am that they would promote such a scam and cause their customers so much gried. I will never, EVER use Proflowers again.

Make sure when and if you do cancel this you, not only call CMG, but EZ Saver too. That number is [protected]. This will be ANOTHER charge that was hiden with the information for free shipping rebate with Proflowers.

• Cp
    CPW Jun 08, 2009

After speaking with my wife she said she knew about the montly fee but forgot to cancel it. But as far as how much the fee was she didnt have a clue and I couldnt find it either. This is deceptive because if they would have listed $83.88, most people would make sure they cancel it. By not listing the fee people are more likely to forget about it as my wife did. I will say this, when I called them to cancel the service they were very nice and the credit appeared the very next day. Prorating the charge is a racket IMO but they probably need to pay all the people that have to answer the phones to cancel their service. My guess is they prorate for .115 cents an hour and I used 2 hours.

diane Jun 08, 2009

Where do you read$83.88????

diane Jun 08, 2009

You missed my point...no surprise there...

andrew2382 Jun 08, 2009

I am not in the tank for them...My wife got suckered into it and thats how I came across these boards when I googled it, and I told her the same thing I am telling you.

READ THE TOS

RENEWALS

Are you bad at reading comp that you can't see thats a yearly fee?

diane Jun 07, 2009

Ummm...where did you read the yearly fee? Sounds like you're in the tank for CMG.

andrew2382 Jun 07, 2009

funny, I went on the website and clicked on the thing that said TERMS AND CONDITIONS and in 3 seconds I found the following:

MEMBERSHIP FEE

The membership fee will be the amount agreed at the time of your enrollment, and will automatically be billed to your designated credit or debit card account on the terms described. The amount of future IC Membership fees will be established by IC, and may change within its discretion and without notice. IC shall not be responsible for any fees charged to your designated credit or debit card account by the issuer, bank or financial institution; including, but not limited to overdraft, insufficient funds and over credit limit fees.

RENEWALS

Unless you notify IC that you do not wish to renew your membership, IC will automatically renew your membership at the end of each term and bill the then current renewal fee to the card your original membership fee was billed to, or to the card we currently have on our files without your having to do anything further. IC subscribes to a third party service that can refresh expired credit card or debit card information so that your membership does not lapse because the registered card(s) on file with IC has expired ("Account Updater"). By joining IC, you consent to IC's disclosure of your registration information to this third party service and to that service's use of such information solely in connection with Account Updater. You also consent to IC's receipt and use of updated credit card or debit card account information from your financial institution in connection with payment for your membership service.

so like I said, its a shame people get suckered into it, but in the end it's their own fault because they don't read the ToS. Also, thank you Grammar Nazi, but at least I know how to read a ToS before getting suckered into it.