Close Out GeniusVERY, VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND UNTRUTHFUL ABOUT MERCHANDISE

Hello ALL,

I order something from this company but it took them a couple of days to respond so I called them and they were so rude and said they didn't have the product. I asked them why they advertised as if they do and then they told me we don't have it and don't call us again.

I called back to speak to customer service and guess who I get the same guy who I spoke to who was ungodly terrible. He was so rude, I wish I could have put my hands through the phone and slapped the living day lights from him. I began telling him my situation thinking it was someone else but he again didn't listen and hung up the phone again and say don't bother by calling back.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS VENDOR EVER OR 86 STREET...I THINK THEY ARE THE SAME COMPANY WITH THE SAME RUDE GUY WHO NEVER WERE BORN WITH MANNERISM OR WHOM IS NOT AT ALL A BUSINESS PERSON.

majate Jun 29, 2009

I ordered a camera (Canon) and got a great deal. Then I got the message that I had to confirm with a phone call. I was told that the battery on the camera was low end and I needed a longer lasting battery. When I got my bill, they only totaled the order and did not list each item and its price. I was overcharged. I called and spoke with "John". He assured me I'd receive a credit. It never came. I tried repeatedly to call again and got no answer. The circuits were all busy. I am trying to get my credit card company to help me get my money back, but it's difficult since my invoice isn't itemized. These are crooks. I am sorry I did business with them.

• Ha
    Hampton Jun 20, 2009

I ordered "bromolite" an all natural pro biotic, ordered the free sample and only paid for shipping, or so I thought. I cancelled within the "Trial period" they not only kept billing me, but they also never shipped anything. Beware of these people, everything said above is correct, rude, on hold forever, no managers aval. I dont know what kind of company this is but anyone who deals with them can count on getting screwed.
    Dont give your credit card # to anyone for free trials "just pay for shipping" HA!
    BROMOLITE.

texaswillie May 30, 2009

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO POSTED COMMENTS. THIS HELPED ME VERY QUICKLY TO MOVE ON AND LOOK FOR ANOTHER RETAILER.

texaswillie May 30, 2009

Thanks for all the reviews. You guys just saved me money and lots of trouble. Thanks for taking the time to post these notices, I really appreiate it.

• Gr
    gringoloco247 May 26, 2009

I bought a "new" Garmin 760 and fell for the 2009 upgrade for $70 with a free 2010 upgrade. For one the unit is not new, Garmin shows it connected to a satallite 3 months earlier then Garmin upgrades thier units to the current map for free. third there is no way to get my free 2010 upgrade. Closeoutscammers say to fax the receipt to Garmin but Garmin says they have no relationship with Closeout. When i called closeout about they hung up on me. AVOID THESE SCAMMERS no matter how good a deal you THINK you are getting

mike May 08, 2009

Where.s the goverment when you need them? How do these guys keep getting credit card rights.
    I tracked them down to two addresses.
    102 avenue O Brooklyn NY 11204
    2120 ocean parkway brooklyn NY 11204

If anyone else has info let me know

• Bi
    Bianca Zanko May 05, 2009

If you want to receive your order 2 months from the original date you purchased it then Closeout Genius is the way to go!!!Oh and did I mention the website listed "IN STOCK" and when I confirmed the order they assured me the camera was being shipped the next day. But they never informed me that is was on backorder until I called myself 2ce and go a snobby woman on the phone. I'm sorry I think I should be the one giving attitude not the employees from a ### little business.

• Je
    Jerry May 04, 2009

They did the same thing to me..I ordered a camcorder and they had some guy call to sell me a battery for it claiming the one that came with it only recorded for 20 minutes...told him I didn't want it and he began to continue to lower price. Told him flat out no and two days later they e-mailed me with a ship date of two to three weeks. Web site was indicating in stock...called again and talked to a guy and he proceeded to try to sell me a battery for it...at that time i told him that I already bought a spare battery locally and only wanted the camcorder...I could see it was a scam so I told him I was going to report the company to the attorney general...He was nervous and I did report the company to Internet Crime Complaint Center. I am posting this so others can contact them..

The IC3's mission is to serve as a vehicle to receive, develop, and refer criminal complaints regarding the rapidly expanding arena of cyber crime. The IC3 aims to give the victims of cyber crime a convenient and easy-to-use reporting mechanism.

Complaint Status
    The IC3 receives thousands of complaints each month and does not have the resources to respond to inquiries regarding the status of complaints. It is the IC3's intention to review all complaints and refer them to law enforcement and regulatory agencies having jurisdiction. Ultimately, investigation and prosecution are at the discretion of the receiving agencies.

Evidence
    It is important that you maintain any evidence you may have relating to your complaint. Evidence may include canceled checks, credit card receipts, phone bills, mailing envelopes, mail receipts, a printed copy of a website, copies of emails, or similar items. Please keep the items in a safe location, in case you are requested to provide them for investigative purposes.

Additionally, to learn more about Internet schemes and ways to protect yourself, please visit www.lookstoogoodtobetrue.com.

Good luck ...Jerry

• Nc
    NC Shopper Apr 28, 2009

Placed my order and then got a "call to confirm your order" call. I refused all the expensive accessories they offered and person was extremely rude. Almost immediately got an email that my order was backordered 3 weeks. That was 7 weeks ago, and no one will respond to my emails. Am trying to call to cancel now. ..if I can get anyone to answer the telephone! Would never, ever attempt to deal with this wacko company again.

• Po
    poopycampo Apr 23, 2009

I have gone as far as to contact the State Attorney General's offices in NY and NV. They do not answer their phone anymore, so maybe they have flown the coop.

This is another BIG red-flag for people who shop online and look for discounts.

Please be aware of this companies practices. They violate the law.

• Ve
    velella Apr 20, 2009

Unbelievable lack of service and attitude. Definitely a bait and switch if you manage to navigate their voicemail jungle and actually talk to someone who puts you on hold and does not get back to you. I was disconnected 3 times before I managed to talk to someone who, on my request, canceled my order. I wish I had come here before I went for the deal.
    The absolute worst online commerce experience I have ever had.

• De
    demawolf Apr 18, 2009

WOW!! THANK YOU
    i was watching a review on a cam (canon Fs100) and in the comment it said camcorder genius sells it for 149 (compared to tiger direct 240) i was entering the billing info when i started to think hey were is the BBB approval sigh so i search camcorder genius website reviews and you guys save me :D
    thank you!!!

• Hd
    hd85wg Apr 17, 2009

I agree, I ended up closing the credit card I used to order a camera and was suppose to be overnight delivery. Camera never came and every time a tried to call they said they were closed. Emails were ignored. Stay away!

Joe Apr 12, 2009

This is the worst customer service i have seen. If anyone has any idea how to get back at them with complaints and hopefully put them out of business, i would like to know.

minus Apr 10, 2009

stop and call your credit card co., asap tell them to watch out for it. If it does happen have them call you first. Minus

• Ka
    KatieV Apr 10, 2009

I ordered a camera and received an email stating I needed to call in order to confirm order. I either got an error message or a message saying they are closed. I sent several emails with no response. I don't even want to do business with them now, but they have my credit card information which worries me. I will try to report them to Better Business Bureau. I recommend NOT ordering anything from them.

• Vi
    Vinh Apr 07, 2009

Yeap! NEVER and NEVER order anything from "Close Out Genius or Whole Genius". I ordered a projector (Optoma HD-71) costs $514.00, then they sent me email to confirm order for security reason. When I called them to confirm and they said projector is NOT come with a light bulb (weird). They told me a light bulb around $60 and I am OK with the price. Lukily, I checked my credit card online I found that they charged me $1428 without notice (instead $514 + $60 = $574 + shipping). I contacted them many time and fooled me around different staffs. Finally, I had to close and cancel my credit card with the bank. Someone should report to FBI or local police in Brooklyn, NY and Las Vegas, NV. to stop these cheaters.

MasterBlaster Apr 03, 2009

This is the worst online ordering that i have dealt so far. Customer service is terrible, very rude, they hung up on you and kept you waiting on the line for a long time. I ordered a Panasonic H40, according to their website it's in stock. I placed the order and got an email 2 days later that it was back ordered. I called to cancel my order. Got a hold of a sales rep after 15 mins on the phone. he told me the order is cancelled and i should get an confirmation email. waited the next day, no confirmation. I called again and got through after 15 mins of waiting and the sales rep told me the order was back ordered. So i told them it was supposed to be cancelled yesterday. Now i'm waiting for another cancellation confirmation. Who knows when i'm gonna get the confirmation. I'm just going to call my credit card and reject the charges that's coming from them. CLOSEOUT GENIUS is a nightmare. Do not use this website to buy anything. They should be investigated and closed out.

• Ka
    katrinakim Mar 31, 2009

1.) Bought a Panasonic Lumix LX3K from their website for $245. The online specs indicated that the product would have a battery and charger.

2.) Called to ensure receipt of my order. Was told that the product would not include a battery and charger. I said I was interested in getting it. And was then told that the camera plus battery and charger would cost $510.

3.) I said I just wished to cancel my entire order. At $510 I was better off buying from another merchant. They said that they had a 20% cancellation fee on the entire $510 -- and not just the $245 I had originally paid, because I said I would buy the product.

Their sales representative was extremely rude and kept bullying me to buy the entire bundle from them.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY ARE CHARGING me $100 TO CANCEL AN ORDER I NEVER CONFIRMED!!! They are extremely fraudulent and should be put out of business.

• Be
    Bellringer17 Mar 30, 2009

I had a similar horrible experience with this company that started on March 3. When I was called to confirm the order, they tried the big upsell for additional products. I declined and was basically yelled at by the salesman. I hung up. I was called again an hour later to confirm - I stated I had already had this phone call and refused any additional products. This sales rep then asked me (very rudely) if the previous rep told me the camera was entirely in Japanese, not English. At this point I cancelled the order and did receive a confirmation of the cancellation. Two days later, I received an email stating my purchase had been shipped!! I got the camera and spent a week trying to get hold of someone at the 1-888 number (always busy, rings endlessly, put on hold for 20 or more minutes). Meanwhile, I alerted my credit card company and they froze the charge and started an investigation of their own. I finally received an email with return instructions, but they wouldn't refund the entire amount due to 'restocking fees'. Again, I spent several days trying to get through on the phone. Finally, a rep said he'd fax me a UPS label to attach to the box for returning and that they would refund the entire amount. The fax never came! Today, almost one month later, I took the box to UPS for return - I never opened the box and wanted nothing to do with it. My credit card has been very helpful, but I have to wait until April 9 to see if Closeout Genius credits my acct. If not, my credit card will cancel the charges. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!! Spread the word . . .

• Id
    idlvr Mar 30, 2009

I too had the same scam as everyone else in trying to purchase a Garmin GPS unit.

• Je
    Jeff Mar 26, 2009

I placed an order a week ago with Closed out Genius. I have never heard anything or received any email confirmation of any kind. After 4 days of trying to contact the company (phones didn't work, busy signals), I finally got through to a very pushy and rude phone person. He verified they sent the email to a wrong address, then after trying to push another sale of memory, quickly tried to hang up. I asked him to verify the cost and to please email me the information. He was very rude and very curt in speaking with me and I asked him to cancel the order immediately. Everyone needs to steer clear of this company. I am cancelling my credit card immediately after dealing with this company. I wish I had found this website before my purchase.

• Ca
    Captain Judy Mar 25, 2009

Close Out Genius

We also make every effort to ensure that your purchase experience at Closeout Genius is a SECURE SCAM. We use state-of-the-art data encryption SCAM technology to ... prey on victims and take your money and never ship Bait and switch fraudulent products we promise!

• Ca
    Captain Judy Mar 25, 2009

Giovanna,

Totally agree, I hate Close Out Genius SLR Genius website and their scam tactics too preying on innocent VICTIMS!

Make sure you Google, MSN, or Yahoo or use other search engines, find complaint Boards to report SCAMMERS CloseoutGenius and post to all complaint boards so others do not go through horrible experience and abuse we have from SCAMMERS CLOSE OUT GENIUS SLR Genius so fraud tactics not done to them too and other innocent victims become Close out Genius next LUNCH by their SCAMMING BAIT FRAUDULENT TACTICS!

We must do daily to stay on top of search engines and beat CLOSE OUT GENIUS at their scammer tactics to protect as many consumers as we can!

Close Out Genius uses their Scamming website to post untruthful lies of 'NO' Complaints and do this dailyy to get at top of searches so we need to reverse this, use their tactics, all ban together and find as many complaint boards and warn possible other innocent vistims of CLOSE OUT GENIUS SLR GENIUS.

In your complaints on Close Out Genius SLR Genius, make sure to write their scamming name in sentences so searches pick up on REVIEWS COMPLAINTS (use these two words also as I studied their FRAUD tactics and this is how they get at top of searches) lieing about 'no' COMPLAINTS; so we can protect other innocent consumers from being ripped off and highly disappointed from CLOSE OUT GENIUS SLR GENIUS!

We need to stop these scamming fraudulent online ### companies such as Closeout genius dba SLR Genious!

Thank Goodness for websites such as these! My hat is off to Complaints Board and others for educating and protecting consumers on SCAMMERS CLOSE OUT GENIUS! We need to use these reporting complaint companies to help and continue to protect others and not just let this go.

• Ho
    Hobiecat Mar 25, 2009

I agree. I had the same problem. I ordered a Garmin Nuvi 255w. Got a confirmation number right away once I gave them my credit card info. Even called a few days later because I never got an email confirming the order like you usually do when you order on-line. They tried to sell me the updated map when I got them on the phone. Told them I didn't want it. They hung up right away. My account now shows as backordered. I tried getting them via phone all day yesterday, to no avail. It will ring, but then it goes busy. Sent them an email cancelling the order and asking for a response, but I still haven't received that. I know a lot of people said that they cancelled by clicking on backorder, but there is no backorder button to click on when I bring up my account. Can anyone tell me how they did this on line? I also called my credit card company to see if they had a hold on my account for the money, but my credit card company said no. I'm reporting them, but I don't know if that's going to do any good.

• Wi
    wilson Mar 24, 2009

This is a link to a place where you can order things and they give you Cash Back - it ranges between 2% to 10& back . On the T765 Garmin GPS it would be 6% back .. and on $400. that adds up to abt $24.00 http://search.live.com/cashback/howToUse

Also I have chatted with Garmin support and if you read the fine print - they will NOT honor the warranty on your Unit if you get it
    from an unapproved place. I read this an asked them what they mean by "Unapproved place" and was told that if the company
    tries to sell you something besides what you wanted to order - this would make them an unapproved place.. so they must be aware
    of these group of crooks .. So make sure you buy from a good place if you want your warranty on your item ..

I hope that some of you have filed a complaint with the FTC (http://www.ftc.gov/) and file a Consumer Complaint on these guys ..
    They need to be closed up ASAP ..

• Wi
    wilson Mar 24, 2009

I almost was ready to purchase a Garmin T765 from them .. Notice that they have the same price for the T765 and the 885 ?? At Close out genius ..
    also include 85th Avenue -
    Anyway I was researching and a good thing as I will not order from any of these business ..

Those of you that have ordered and had problems .. Please report them to the
    FTC (Federal Trade Commission) and they will get them off the internet for deceptive practices .. Please do everyone a favor .. report these guys ..

And Thank You for reporting it on here .. we appreciate it

• Gi
    Giovanna Mar 23, 2009

I HATE THIS WEBSITE

• Gi
    Giovanna Mar 23, 2009

THEY ARE ###, CRAP DOG ### THEY DONT EVEN SEND YOU YOUR THINGS IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY PRESENT YOU CALL AND WHEN YOU CALL ALL YOU GET IS A BUSY TONE DO NOT GO TO THIS WEBSITE!!!

mike Mar 22, 2009

cause of this link, made me research about " www.closeoutgenius.com " .. i didn't buy anything due to this report .. and went to better business bureau " http://search.newyork.bbb.org/reports.aspx?id=106380&pid=44&page=0&FindStr=closeout+genius&SearchBy=company&Address=&City=&Phone1=&Phone2=&Phone3=&MembersOnly=False ", so that teaches you, cheap prices doesn't always means its the best deal .. and i was looking for the canon sd960 brand new selling for $330, while their pricing at $220 .. far below the average price.

teencop Mar 20, 2009

I had a problem like this last year with another company. It was a nightmare. Don't waste anymore of your time. Report them to the Better Business Bureau and be as specific as you can with the situation. Call your credit card company and tell them that you want to refuse the charges (you did not authorize charges for a backordered item). The company I dealt with ended up going out of business due to all of the BBB complaints. Good luck.

• Au
    aufgehts Mar 20, 2009

I am having the exact same trouble. I place an order in early Feb. for an item that said "in stock". The next day I got an email to call them to "confirm' the sale which I did. The rep only wanted to try to sell me a camera battery. When I said I didn't need one, he confronted me asking how I could possibly use the camera when I didn't have a battery. I had to explain that I already had one but was again questioned as to what kind was it and how did I know I had the right one. After this very off-putting conversation, one hour later I received an email saying my order was on back-order for 2-3 weeks. That was a month ago. I have sent 2 emails, very polite but firm but have received no response. Right now I am trying to call the company but only get a busy signal. I dread this conversation.

• Co
    concernedconsumer Mar 19, 2009

Was directed by www.everyprice.com to www.closeoutgenius.com for low, low price for camera that was IN STOCK. Placed order. Tried calling for one week. Checked on line...order backordered. Send 2 emails explaining that their site said was in stock at time of order. NO Response. Cancelled it after reading all the reviews. Think they may be connected also to www.cameragiants.com. Be AWARE...Don't buy from.

• Sw
    swift Mar 18, 2009

Rude custoomer service rep when I called to "Confirm MY Order" after waiting on hold for hours and trying for days to reach the 800#. they just wanted to sell expensive accessories and when I did not "Buy" their hard sell, my order was backordered and they would never respond to my emails. Avoid these crooks! The low price is a scam.

• Jg
    jgirlsmama Mar 16, 2009

I have to agree with what everyone is already saying - it's a scam, stay away, pay the additional $ and go with a reputible company! I cancelled my order and I am monitoring my credit card for a charge.

• Sm
    smalls Mar 12, 2009

All this happened to me as well. I ordered a SLR and did not recieve an email and checked my funds and they did not charge me anything. A few days after bussy signal calls I was able to get throught to someone who told me that I had ordered an imported version (BS!) and that to get the "real" camera I would have to spend more. I already know of this scam they tell you that so you spend more...I told him to go through with the order and two hours later still no charge...no confirm email- I got ahold of someone eventualy just to be told (guess) YOU ARE ON BACK ORDER. If anyone wants come togeather to hold these guys accountable for there fradulent actions please let me know beacuse this has got to be stoped! I will do my part by trying to spread the word but I think it would be wise to flood the BBB with phone calls about this scam.

• Bi
    Bigfuutt Mar 11, 2009

Caught it just in time... THANKS TO ALL THE REVIEWS FROM YOU FOLKS, it sure Helps !!!

Their prices are downright the best you can find... the Nikon D50 I wanted to buy was less thsan 1/2 the retail price. Checked on Amazon, ritzcamera etc and they all has it listed for $1200+, here they were selling it for $445. That itself is a big warning sign.

We need to do something about this company... Anyone who cancelled their orders, please report it to the appropriate agencies.

Josh Mar 06, 2009

Wow, so glad I caught this in time! I was reviewing my order the next day and noticed that the copyright on their website was 2008, so I quickly did a website review search and ended up here. Nonetheless, I canceled my card before they got to charge me. THANK YOU!

Marcor145 Mar 06, 2009

The same thing happened to me when I ordered from Stop And Shop Digital. I did order a garmin nuvi 780 at a very good price, somebody called me to verify my shipping address at that time they offered me some other accessories for my nuvi 780. I declined the accessories because they were really expensive. To my surprise the next day when I checked the status of my order it showed as "Back order" item. I called back and all they told me the product my take a few weeks to be restocked. At this point I knew it was a scam. Don't buy from "Stop and shop digital" either. All these companies are run by the same people

• Pe
    PEK Mar 04, 2009

Looked into buying a Canon HV30 for $309. Priced too goo to be true? Yep. After filling out all their info and paying for it I got a "confirmation" email the day after. The day after that I got an order number via email which said I had to call in to confirm the purchase. Like everyone else's experience, the phone line was busy for two days! By the time I got through I was handed off to three different people. I guess it was the Russian accent that spooked me. I waited for about 10 minutes. During that time I went back to their web site and noticed my purchase had been put on "back order". Everything was starting to fall into place. A quick Google landed me here and 20 other sites that basically said these guys are crooked. I canceled the order via their web site and wrote them a little note. BEWARE. I called my credit card company for some advise. They said to keep an eye on my statement. What a drag.